Closed Thread
Page 7 of 255 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Peonies, yours was prob much higher than mine. It can take ages to come down. 28 is pretty good, that should only take a week or less to come down to zero. That sucks you have to stim again, but hopefully this time you'll get some to freeze. We have 4 left but if we get down to 2, were going to do another stim cycle to try and get some more put away.

Amps, it's so awful waiting isn't it it really is the worst part in all of this. can you try any other surgeons in other places To get in quicker? Or could they put you on their cancellation list? Dont give up hope yet! One of my best friends lost two babies late and the gave birth 1 month before she turned 40. Heaps of women on here get preggers after 40. I really hope you can get in soon and at least then you can move forward with the next step.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Clem - we must have crossed posts. Had to wait for HCG to come right down to zero (well, less than 10 anyway) and FS thinks it's a good idea to wait an extra month. I don't! I'll be 37 in July! He knows I'd prefer to go ASAP, but I think I'll just hope AF comes within a week & then this cycle is not too long & should be good to go in July.

Not changing the protocol - sticking with Antagonist, but he is starting me on a slightly higher dose than last time. And he took my suggestion about checking progesterone early, during the 2WW to stay on top of it. Not waiting for the pregnancy test. I was pleased he was so open to that & added it into his plan. As for myself though, I have done some research and trying some additional supplements this time as well as increasing dose of others I was already taking (I haven't discussed this with the FS), to hopefully improve egg quality. He said my egg quality was good as all but one fertilised, and obviously I got pregnant. But we got no frosties, so I would like more & better this time.

Oh AMPs - you poor love. What is the surgery you need? I could probably suggest some people in Sydney, as I've been passed around quite a few gynos/surgeons & FSs now! I had fibroids removed last year. But if you're in Perth, this is a long way to come.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone here going to Monash IVF in Clayton?

Amps - I kinda feel like that too sometimes. Nothing has ever gone in our favour, and i usually feel that i'm going to live the rest of my life childless. I started sniffing synarel today. Yesterday i felt like it would be my last day of happiness, as i'll only probably be disappointed with things in this cycle. We've been trying for 5 1/2 years already. Hope you feel better real soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Peonies sounds like your fs is being really pro active about your next cycle which is good. July is next month, it will come around fast hopefully! I think the fs's don't realise most of the time that a month goes by quickly but to us it feels like forever!

I'm actually really having an 'I hate ivf day'today, I better stop playing hookey and get to work. I'm just so over it all today! Spent 1.5 hours driving over to fs and waiting for new scripts for the pill and cycle drugs, I just want to be naughty and stay home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies

peoniesarepretty: I need to be checked for Asherman's Syndrome(and have it fixed if they find it), also my endometriosis needs "cleaning" up. I grew 2 ovarian cysts in a month that burst so there might be leftover stuff there too. I could grow more by the time I get in. I live in a small town called Julatten, which is about 1 1/2hrs drive from Cairns in far north Queensland. No decent experienced surgeons near here so have to fly, I will go anywhere. Dr Vancaillie is s'posed to be the best for this kind of thing, his receptionist was kind and understanding, and was confident that they would be able to fit me in soon, but.................still waiting. I wish i could be more patient. Dh & I decided not to keep trying after I'm forty for lots of reasons, one of the biggest being the physical and emtional toll I've taken, not just from our IVF journey.

Its so hard to know the right thing to do.........or not to do.

Hope you are all having a lovely day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clem - yeah I was pleased with how the follow-up visit went. I too agree that we don't need to change much as it did work - but just tweak it to hopefully get frosties and get a sticky one this time!

The BCP and sniffing parts sound awful. I'm so glad I do antagonist cycles. There is none of that. Just start jabbing with Puregon on CD2, then add the Orangutan at some stage (that's what we call it ) and then trigger. It's those damn pessaries that are the real pain, and last time I ended up on 4x day, right up until the miscarriage.

I've been reading a lot about different supplements and their effect on not only egg quality, but on pregnancy overall and I think there are some that might help prevent m/c. Has anyone spoken to you about Vitamin D and Fish Oil?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps - never heard of that guy. But I cannot say enough good things about Dr Vincent Lamaro, who is Head Gyno at St Vincent's Hospital. He saved my life. I had the fibroids removed by another surgeon (who I won't recommend) at a small, private hospital. The next day they sent me by ambulance to St Vinnies. Turned out I was nearly dead from internal bleeding (but didn't know it!) - Dr Lamaro & his team stopped the bleeding & saved my life, without having to do a hysterectomy. He is a lovely man too and I can't speak highly enough of him.

All the nurses around there think he is God.

Thanks
    Reviews
    peoniesarepretty: Thanks for that, will give him a go if no joy. Jeeez, there sure are a lot of us having to endure horrible things. I'm glad you are fine now. The daughter of my mum's best friend had a simple "investigatory" laproscope to see if her tubes could be un-tied successfully, well she was only hours from death because they nicked her bowel. 5 hrs in emergency surgery to save her life, very lucky, it happened so fast, within hours from original surgery. Thats why I'm trying so hard to find a good one who is experienced in this sort of thing. AS can be caused by an overzealous doctor in the first place so not happy to start with, as I am sure I've had 2 lets say "questionable" obs have a crack at me, so really not happy. Thanks again

Will keep you posted on how I get on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KS09 - no, I go to IVF Australia in Sydney.

Amps - good luck! I really do recommend giving Dr Lamaro's office a call. They might be able to reommend other people too - maybe even someone in Brisbane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies

My Appointment at the Naturopath was a little disapointing as her only advise was I should try visualization as she thinks I very detatched. I find this hard to hear yes I cry when I get a negative but I dont go all suicidal what does she expect me to do???
    A friend from work has given me another contact a naturo/acupun/TCM guy is the innerwest who gets results so throught I would try him can't hurt to try.
    My tiredness has eased up which is good though still a little flat, My folks have arrived for the second stint and arrived for my Birthday. I officially cross over to the 2 embryo transfer age at our Clinic not sure if I will do it if I get good eggs and lots of them.
    Can someone update me to Limbo land.
    Enjoy the long weekend