Closed Thread
Page 68 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
    b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    It so is!!

As for the dignity thing, I remember after my last transfer the FN gave me my pessaries, and I asked "Are these rectal?". When she confirmed, I must have made a face, because she said something like, "I know, there's not a single part of you that we don't touch!" Lol.

clementine grace - i had a young male scientists helping with my transfer to and after the fs said all done i said no way i didnt feel a thing "are you sure" she giggled and said concieving isnt ment to hurt and the young guy walked in and said "there isnt ment to be 4 people in the room either " i started to laugh while the double shoehorn was still in Ouch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Pessaries rectal?? Really?
    Yeah, apparently they work better rectally. Everyone at my clinic is told that they are to be taken rectally, so I don't know why most people here are told to take them vaginally.

At my transfer there was me, FN and FS, and I think the embryologist was there too. Yes he was, I just remembered. DH would have been there too if he wasn't getting on a plane for Brisbane! It was only a small room, so if he was there no one would have been able to move.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought the point of doing them vaginally is so that they enter straight into the uterus area first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was told that the bottom absorbs it quicker hhhmmmmm i still prefer crinone my bottom isnt getting touched !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by b4us View Post
    i was told that the bottom absorbs it quicker hhhmmmmm i still prefer crinone my bottom isnt getting touched !
    I'm with u! Vjay pessaries all the way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by b4us View Post
    i was told that the bottom absorbs it quicker
    Yes, apparently this is the case. The lining of the rectum is much more absorbent than the vaginal lining. When I had my BT one week after EPU, my Progesterone was around 250 when it only needed to be over 70, so it was obviously working well. But I may have got the same result if I was taking them vaginally, who knows?

I actually don't mind taking them rectally. They are easy to put in, and don't always make a mess, which I've heard vaginal pessaries do.. the only problem is that when the wax does come out, it smells a little gross, I guess like poo bacteria. Sorry for TMI. I've also heard (correct me if I'm wrong) that with vaginal pessaries you have to lie down for 20 mins or something afterwards. Is that right?? Anyway, you definitely don't have to do that for rectal insertion.

ETA: CG, I just read your response on the Age/Background thread, and was curious as to why you guys have put your wedding on hold while you do IVF. Is it because having a baby is simply a higher priority, or some other reason? I did the opposite; I put IVF on hold so we could get married. For me it was something that I knew would definitely happen, rather than something that could take forever to happen, IYKWIM. Anyway, you're a more patient woman than me, once DH proposed there was no way I could wait.. quite frankly our 11 month engagement was at least two months too long for me! Lol.
    Last edited by Sariele; 10-07-2012 at 11:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is honestly the best thread I have been on! You are all such wonderful people! Weighing in on the stay at home ddebate my husband would like me too but i just don't feel like I want to just yet, but if I am not pregnant by the end of the year I will probably take a long time off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    All the butt talk has put a tiny smile on my face but today's been sh*t I've been testing to see how long the pregnyl 1500 takes to leave my system and it's 4 days for me. A BFN pregnancy test was staring me in the face this morning. Im 8dp5dt so given all the strong BFPs for the other ladies at the same stage I'm pretty sure it's over for me this cycle. I know you will all say wait for the bloods but I know it's over.

Hugs to Ngaiz. I know how you feel.

Congrats to the BFP ladies!!! Enjoy x

Anyone know if I can do back to back stimulated FET cycles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, apparently this is the case. The lining of the rectum is much more absorbent than the vaginal lining. When I had my BT one week after EPU, my Progesterone was around 250 when it only needed to be over 70, so it was obviously working well. But I may have got the same result if I was taking them vaginally, who knows?

I actually don't mind taking them rectally. They are easy to put in, and don't always make a mess, which I've heard vaginal pessaries do.. the only problem is that when the wax does come out, it smells a little gross, I guess like poo bacteria. Sorry for TMI. I've also heard (correct me if I'm wrong) that with vaginal pessaries you have to lie down for 20 mins or something afterwards. Is that right?? Anyway, you definitely don't have to do that for rectal insertion.

ETA: CG, I just read your response on the Age/Background thread, and was curious as to why you guys have put your wedding on hold while you do IVF. Is it because having a baby is simply a higher priority, or some other reason? I did the opposite; I put IVF on hold so we could get married. For me it was something that I knew would definitely happen, rather than something that could take forever to happen, IYKWIM. Anyway, you're a more patient woman than me, once DH proposed there was no way I could wait.. quite frankly our 11 month engagement was at least two months too long for me! Lol.
    i was never told to lay down for 20mins i just got straight back up after putting it in hhmmm maybe thats why it didnt work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Well i guess its sort of on hold. Where we live, you have to book a year in advance to get a venue/chapel so we've planned it all out, have started buying stuff (i.e. bridemaids dresses etc.) and booked a photographer and stuff, BUT because of the IVF we just dont know where we'll be at. For eg, if the last baby had made it, we would have had a baby 3 months old at the wedding (which i thought was too young). We're not going to wait forever, but it's just kinda hard trying to make it all fit. We didn't want to waste a year, we wanted to get onto the IVF straight away. I'm not really in a rush, and not bothered at all if i get married preggers or have a baby at the wedding. We've lived together for over 3 years, travelled OS together for a few months, there is no mystery

PLUS i also look and feel like CRAP from 9 months of IVF so i wanted to be able to have some kind of "rest period" a few months before the wedding, so i dont look tired and grey on the wedding day I think now, we're happy we didnt wait to do the IVF. They told us we'd be perfect candidates, and that i'm all good, but we're still not pregnant. PLUS we always wanted like 4 kids so we thought the sooner we got going, the better the chance we might be able to have more than one.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 10-07-2012 at 11:45.