Closed Thread
Page 65 of 255 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynlee View Post
    So I start lucrin injections in the morning. As i said earlier this is my first cycle and Im feeling really nervous about injecting myself!! arghhhh!! trying to psych myself up to do it... and also slightly nervous for the side effects...

can anyone tell me how the lucrin made them feel?
    Tired and headache-y, but then the nurse told me to increase my water intake and I immediately felt heaps better. So as long as you drink plenty of water you should feel fine. As for doing the needles, try not to psyche yourself out too much, cause they are really not a big deal once you get going! My main advice is that an ice-pack is your friend; my first few jabs barely hurt at all, but then my skin toughened and they got quite difficult and ouch-y to insert (even with changing injection sites every day), so I started resting an ice-pack on the injection site while I was preparing the needle (for about a minute I guess), and then I wouldn't feel a thing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Lynlee  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just done my first four days on GolanF and I feel like a pin cushion already....tomorrow sees the start of double injecting :/ I know it will all be worth it in the end.

Tummy is already getting touchy as I can feel everything working and getting heavier. I only have a short cycle so hoping it doesn't get too big for collection....first scans on Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss a few days and there's pages and pages to read!

rachael - woohoo! Looks like an awesome second line!! Hope BT gives nice big numbers.
    Arli - congrats too and again, fingers crossed for high numbers for you.

1xbaby please - not long to go til BT! Fingers and toes crossed for you!

Dancing and Gstef - good luck! Hope your embies snuggles in nice and tight

b4us - my AF is due in less than a week and then a FET hopefully end of july/early august too. All this waiting we have to do! It's killing me! But hopefully all worth it.

Sariele - I read the may/June thread and remember your journey. Hope you get a good strong one (or a few good strong ones!)

Ngaiz - I'm so sorry.  Don't apologize about negativity. We are here for you regardless. Hope you're ok. 

Mumtochris - oh hun that is devastating. I hope you get some clarity on what to do. I don't have any real words of wisdom here but giving you very big BIG cyber hugs.

Kand P - can't believe they have charged you! I would be mighty upset. Hope your husband sorts it out! Or that you get most/all of it back.

Lynlee - welcome. Good luck! I'm a complete needle phobic and still managed to inject myself with gonal f. Not sure what Lucrin needles are like. Hopefully short and very thin! 

Hope everyone else is staying sane.....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lackers For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re: injections - I started using an ice pack this time round as, if my cycle hadn't been cancelled, I would have been up to 5 injections per day (2 x gonal F, 1 clexane, 1 cetrotide & 1 luveris!). The icepack was a godsend!

As for the rebate - for us, it's the principle - they gave me progesterone pessaries, which caused the lining of my uterus to thin out - if i hadn't have had them, i'd be going for EPU this week. DH is going to reason with them

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use an ice cube before injections. I ice the area while DH loads up the drugs and gets everything ready to go. I inject myself and he supervises and says, "Good girl".

The quitting work convo is fascinating. There's nothing I'd like more, I can tell you! I had quite a bit of time off last year after my myomectomy, and after the shock and pain wore off I loved being at home. I need to win the lottery because unfortunately I am the bigger earner, by a significant margin (about 80% more). So it just wouldn't be practical for me to stop work. I am totally planning to take at least a week off after transfer this time. Last time my ET was the Wed before Easter, so of course I just took the Thurs as well and had a lovely long break. But then when my bleeding started at BT time & I was ordered bed rest I had a week off. So as much time off as possible can only help.

Hmm, we have a holiday booked from 31st Aug. Depending on when my ET is, might be tempting to just take all the time off in between & then jet off to Fiji & have a really great, relaxing break. It would have to be unpaid leave though, and my boss is off for all of August so I worry about being the one who needs to hold the fort basically - right at the worst time when I want to have no stress or responsibility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynlee View Post
    Congrats on the new BFPs since I last logged on... hope the bleeding settles and BT confirms everything

So I start lucrin injections in the morning. As i said earlier this is my first cycle and Im feeling really nervous about injecting myself!! arghhhh!! trying to psych myself up to do it... and also slightly nervous for the side effects...

can anyone tell me how the lucrin made them feel?

Gstef just wondering how you go two transferred? is it because its not your first cycle or your amh level? sorry i dont mean that to sound nosey or harsh, but my FS said because Im under 35 they wont transfer two.
    Hi Lynlee!! I have just insisted really. My FS had told me they don't like to transfer than 1 embie for someone under 35. But I'm on cycle 3 and insisted that I didn't want to waste all the grade 3 eggs just because they couldn't be frozen. They would put in two grade 1 or 2 Embies though. The chance of a grade 1 & 3 both taking and forming twins is only 1-3%. Where as a two grade 2's or better is as high as 20% chance of twins.

At the end of the day, I think it's your decision and they can't tell u no if u insist, they just prefer not to.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GStef For This Useful Post:

Lynlee  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies!

Busy thread today.

Ngaiz - hugs hun x as everyone says its not over until BT. Fx

Arli - the bleeding is stressful. I have had a little bit from progesterone in the past. Its scary but have been told its very normal. Hang in there!

Clem - how is your assignment going??

Mumtochris - noooo!! That sucks. Can you push for a couple more days to see how the follies go?

Kmvw - this is number 3 now (2nd FET). Lol the positive aspect of hormones!!!!! your DH would love it lol. Glad to hear still feeling well.

Gstef - I have wondered about taking time off as well. I am in a job thats inherently stressful (people focussed so cant get away from some of it). I have decided to stay at work and continue on with my career. After 2yrs we are still going and its been good to have another focus. $$ wise we need the dual income. I think if we have to stim in the future I would take 2-3 weeks off! I think if you can do it go for it!

Sariele - what do you think of lite n easy??? We have been talking about it too!

Lynlee - dont stress about the jabs! They are no where near as bad as your brain is thinking xx I was on a different drug but agree drink lots of water and chill out whenever you can!

Lackers - thanks! How are you?

KandP - I wouldnt pay either! Thats cheeky of them.

Afm - first day experiencing pessaries.... Jury is still out on them!

I have been chilaxing today. Headed to the shops for a while today and it was bliss! I just wandered around.

I am off for a work trip tomorrow... Another boozy night to get through :screwy: I get one I cant avoid every cycle! Detox detox hehehe.

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (11-07-2012)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Wow definitely busy in here..

Good luck to all the girls PUPO!!

Yay to the girls with BFP!! Stick little embies stick!!!

On the job front I'm another who gave up full time work due to stress, risk of harm to myself (due to clients I worked with) and that I couldn't switch off from my job anymore. We definitely need my income, but have decided my wellbeing and making ivf was our priority.. So I work as an emergency teacher when I can now to contribute a little. DH hasn't actually laid any rules down of me being at home, but I make sure I try and get all the home stuff done, he still chips in and helps too though.

Nothing new from me, except counting down to my knee arthroscope on July 20th and then focus on FET in aug..

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    wow congrats on the bfp ladys

lackers- yey hopefully our af show on time mine is due tomorrow and for 3 days i have had major af cramps so hopefully af is around the corner lol i am excited about af
    are you have a natural FET or medicated FET ??

I also gave up my job dh didnt want me stressed and over worked aawww bless his heart i am starting a study course next tuesday to try and do something productive and keep my mind occupied on something else other then "operation baby"

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by b4us View Post
    wow congrats on the bfp ladys

lackers- yey hopefully our af show on time mine is due tomorrow and for 3 days i have had major af cramps so hopefully af is around the corner lol i am excited about af
    are you have a natural FET or medicated FET ??

I also gave up my job dh didnt want me stressed and over worked aawww bless his heart i am starting a study course next tuesday to try and do something productive and keep my mind occupied on something else other then "operation baby"
    Ha ha I like that 'operation baby'