Closed Thread
Page 64 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sariele and Rachel, i find it really interesting you guys have given up work, because i'm actually considering the same thing. I feel bad at the moment that i'm taking so much time off because i always have a dr's appointment or am feeling crap from the drugs (or getting over miscarriages) and i just want to take a break.

DP and i have agreed that im going to take next year off work (god would love to be taking it off on mat leave!) and i was feeling really guilty about it. Do any of you other girls feel the same? I feel like between work and IVF there isnt time for the eating super healthy, long walks to relax, going to accupunture all the time etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm constantly exhausted and strongly dislike my job. But I get bored being home after EPU, let alone quiting all together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    DP and i have agreed that im going to take next year off work (god would love to be taking it off on mat leave!) and i was feeling really guilty about it. Do any of you other girls feel the same?
    I have been a housewife now for two months, and I am loving it. It can be a bit boring, but I'd rather be bored than working TBH (I can understand this is different if you've got a job or career that you enjoy). However, yes, I do feel guilty quite frequently, but to a degree that I can tolerate. DH doesn't mind me being home under the following conditions:

- That the house is clean, bed made, washing done, etc.
    - That I have dinner ready for him at a reasonable time (which is really easy right now as we're both doing Lite n Easy dinners, lol)
    - That I don't become a lazy couch potato
    - That I don't flaunt in front of him how great it is being at home (rub his face in it); basically that I continue feeling a little guilty, and not taking my SAH lifestyle for granted.

Obviously he will (hopefully!) be more forgiving about the cleaning and such once we do have kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found it difficult taking time off as my job was demanding, had so many deadlines and travelled interstate sometimes. One time I traveled to NZ between EPU and ET. My boss knew I was having difficulty TTC but no one knew I was doing IVF and didn't want them to know.

Although we were losing my pay, we were spending so much on IVF and I wasn't getting preggers easily that it was time to have a break. I've always worked hard so no I don't feel bad. The hardest time is in-between cycles waiting for the next - no BT or US appointments etc. During this time I try to get my body ready and healthy start back at the gym - this is my job for now.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 09-07-2012 at 20:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stopping work is simply not an option for us, so it's not an idea i've even entertained. I don't love my job or have a proper career (i work in project management - everyone knows that's not a career ), but yeah, it's just not a thought i've even entertained. My stress trigger is money - and losing my salary (and leave/mat leave entitlements) would cause me even more stress then taking time off for IVF. I've taken more time off in the last few weeks with this sh*tty virus that's doing the rounds than i did at all with IVF. My clinic is walking distance from my work and i will never suffer from OHSS so only need 2 days max after my EPU. I take 2 days off after ET and then take it easy at work.

I work for a Fed Govt department, and they are really good to me; i'm not critical to my area and so don't feel any pressure when i'm not there (except at the moment - i've got 1 day of leave at the moment, so that's a stress... that should build up in the next month, thank goodness).

So i got an invoice from for $475 for our cancelled cycle. P*ssed off doesn't begin to cover how i'm feeling - i was given the wrong medication, i'm not paying. My DH is going to call them for me, as i'd likely say something i'd regret. I'm wondering if we'd get all of that back - if we do, i'd be ok to pay it, but i'm not going to be out of pocket for something that was not my doing.
    Last edited by KandP; 09-07-2012 at 19:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    GStef, I did the same thing as Sariele... gave up my career for now as this is the number one priority but my work made it easy for me to leave at the end. So if it's rest you need then take it, I don't think stress helps especially in those first few days.
    On the opposite end... looks like my FET will be a Monday. I will then work the week. Groan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls,

Thanks so much for the insight, i really appreciate it. Sariele, love your blog too!

We're actually planning on moving to QLD next year for a year at least to be closer to DP's current contract, and i was going to fly back to stay with my family here for the IVF cycles. DP has said to me that i should take a year off and he'll support me. I've always felt sort of bad about that, that i wouldn't be contributing financially, but we're up to our 4th IVF cycle and we've spent so much money already that I think it would probably give the IVF a better chance to work if i took time off. He's quite old fashioned and loves the idea of me being the "housewife" So do I actually! I wouldn't lose my mat leave either because i would take leave without pay. hmmm will to think about this idea some more

It's hard because i love my job, the people i work with are very supportive, but at the end of the day, the IVF is our priority at the moment so i think i need to put that first.

KandP that really sucks about your cycle, but i'm pretty sure you get almost all of that money back. When our first cycle was cancelled, they charged $450 on our ccard, but then we got a rebate of about $430 or something so we didn't get charged? So i'd check with your clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok girls, it's decided. I'm taking this week off. So I'll have the month off in full. DH was a little concerned at first but then he remembered how av my pay is and he said stuff it!!! Better to be relaxed and unpaid then stressed and paid!

Sariele - my DH did love the your conditions! Lol and has put them in place for the next month.

Fingers crossed at least one of these 2 embies snuggle in, although I'm totally open to twins! My family would be complete.

Thanks
    Reviews
    CG - Thanks, I mostly do the blog as a diary for myself to look back on, but it's nice when I know that other people have had a flick through it; makes me feel less like I'm talking to myself! My DH is old-fashioned too, and I guess I am a bit as well. I've always wanted to be a SAHM, and DH confessed that that is how he saw his future life partner too (although of course if I wanted to work or study he'd be very supportive). I feel a bit useless sometimes, because I am quite intelligent and always fancied throwing myself into a career I was passionate about, but nothing really appeals to me professionally, so I feel like I've wasted my life so far. I was saying to Mum the other day "Fifty years ago there was absolutely no shame in just being a housewife", but then I corrected myself and said, "Actually, back then it would have been what was expected of me! So I don't see why I should be ashamed of it now". But unfortunately society expects you to be employed in some capacity these days; being a housewife with no kids is virtually unheard of.

Gstef - Yeah, they're pretty decent conditions I find, especially since I actually enjoy doing housework when I have unlimited time to do it in (hate doing it under pressure though).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on the new BFPs since I last logged on... hope the bleeding settles and BT confirms everything

So I start lucrin injections in the morning. As i said earlier this is my first cycle and Im feeling really nervous about injecting myself!! arghhhh!! trying to psych myself up to do it... and also slightly nervous for the side effects...

can anyone tell me how the lucrin made them feel?

Gstef just wondering how you go two transferred? is it because its not your first cycle or your amh level? sorry i dont mean that to sound nosey or harsh, but my FS said because Im under 35 they wont transfer two.