Closed Thread
Page 62 of 255 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Clem - sorry to ask a personal question, but is it possible you were irritating your cervix by inserting the pessaries too far? I found that happened a few times, and if I tried to not insert them too far it seemed better.
    Actually i asked the FS that, and she said no She said sometime you can see little nicks in the walls or around the cervix because the pessaries irritate it. My nurse said its a bit like having a lolly on the inside of your cheek. I used to get lots of breakthrough bleeding and spotting on the pill as well, it might be part of my pcos.

My FS was pretty funny actually, she did a scan before we did the transfer and said "the uterus still looks nice and fat, its just the cervix thats bleeding a bit. The house is good, there is just a bit of paint peeling off the front door"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    My FS was pretty funny actually, she did a scan before we did the transfer and said "the uterus still looks nice and fat, its just the cervix thats bleeding a bit. The house is good, there is just a bit of paint peeling off the front door"
    LOL I can imagine her saying that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you in Canberra too Clem?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Bit sad today so I’ll make this a quick one. Had my ultrasound this morning and I only have one follicle at 14mm. I’m going in for another US on Wed to see if it’s grown but the nurse said they may have to cancel. I don’t know what to do. Do I push to go ahead and either risk that the follicle is empty or it may have one egg that also may or may not fertilise or just give up? I don’t want to cancel because as we all say it only takes one, but do I go through the whole procedure for nothing? I’m just sad that my eggs are so low that I may have to give up IVF and TTC altogether. The nurse said that there is this wonderful new drug out that could really help my eggs and when I asked her what’s it called she said DHEA and I said that I’ve been taking it for months. Is this it for me, is my TTC journey over? I’ll let you all know what happens after Wednesday’s US.

Bye for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post

Sure is kmvw!!! 3rd time lucky?
    How are you going??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    I was 4th time lucky Dancing, have you done 3 transfers already? Well I hope this is a sticky little one for you! Congratulations on being pupo!

I'm going great, still can't believe it. I'm hoping to get some sore boobs or MS soon, just so I know I'm pg! I don't feel any different, well I think my (.)(.)'s are a little bigger! I'm hoping they grow a little as I could use the extra cup size's
    Last edited by kmvw; 09-07-2012 at 17:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm very sorry Mumtochris, it must be so very hard when they say they may have to cancel. I can't help with information but I hope things work out for you.

Ngaiz I'm so sorry, thinking of you. How many cycles have you done?

Congratulations Gstef glad your pupo now, your transfer sounded like it went very well. You have two on board awesome! I'm sure my blastie was a B or C grade At my clinic they only grade 1 -5, 1 being the best and 5 being the worst. I was told I only had grade 3 embies left so I assume my last one which was the BFP was of average quality. Just shows they don't have to be perfect embies!

Arli & Rachael awesome news BFP's!
    Last edited by kmvw; 09-07-2012 at 17:34.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtochris View Post

Bit sad today so I’ll make this a quick one. Had my ultrasound this morning and I only have one follicle at 14mm.
    Oh man... that must be disappointing.
    What are the options? Hmm I guess it is true that it only takes one egg. But fertilization rate is average 70%. You would definately want ICSI or PICSI to make sure. What is that rate of a fertlized egg growing to day 3? day 5? I do think it sounds like a statistical gamble, not saying it is impossible. Nature is it's own surprise that way. If you cancel you could save the cost and put the money towards a new option? Perhaps donor eggs? donor embryos?
    How many eggs did you get last time? what dose were you on? maybe a higher dose is needed?
    I really feel for you right now. I hope your journey isn't over.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh mumtochris - so sorry, that must be devastating. It is a gamble to continue with the cycle for one follie. Maybe cancel, but then you & DH go like bunnies to try and catch that one egg.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Are you in Canberra too Clem?
    yup are you as well peonies? I usually dont say where i'm from on here, the berra is a small place

oh dang it mumtochris the exact same thing happened to me. It does only take one egg, but its a lot to go through if they think you can do better the next cycle. They grow 2mm a day though, so they might have come up later in the week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, not anymore ... but I'm from there & my parents live there. I knew Fortitude lived there. It is a small world, isn't it? Only 2 degrees of separation with Canberrans, I find!