Closed Thread
Page 61 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Arli, not sure if it's worth going for a BT at your GP if you're really stressed out? Not good to be too stressed right now I think, and clementine's experience should give you more confidence.

Ngaiz so sorry to hear Wait for tomorrow for a proper confirmation. I know it's horrible been there many times and still scared.

Clementine your posts are much appreciated even if it's taking you away from your report...BH has got to be more interesting
    Last edited by Rachael3; 09-07-2012 at 14:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz - try to hang in there sweetie, as there is still hope for you. I will be thinking of you and wish you all the best tomorrow.

Thanks Rachael I am about to meet my acupunturist so am hoping she can reassure me a little.

Clementine, thanks so much for posting that it is reassuring to know others also bleed on progesterone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bled quite a bit last time. I demanded an earlier BT, as I knew I had a positive from HPTs. Had the BT which showed a strong hcg result but low progesterone. The immediate action was bed or couch rest (feet up) and increase progesterone dose. I took a week off work & continued blood tests. It worked. But I had a couple of episodes of spotting & bleeding again. Things kept ticking over and we got to the scan where we saw heartbeat & were so thrilled, thought we were almost in the clear. And then bam, the miscarriage happened suddenly. I don't share that story for the negative ending, but rather that things did improve and were looking good, after the bleeding ... by increasing progesterone & BED REST. Good luck all!!! (sorry for no formatting - my work PC keeps doing this to my posts)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies sorry it ended as a m/c. It's such a tough journey we go around in circles. Those that achieve a healthy bubba first go is amazing.

Were you on Crinone or pessaries? I am on Crinone twice a day, nurse didn't say anything about taking more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on pessaries - 2 per day originally. I added an extra one that day I went for the BT ... and when they rang the next day with instructions from the FS, it was to increase to 3 per day (I said I've already done that) and bed rest. I decided to make it 4 per day. When I went back for the next BT I told the nurse that and she told the FS. He obviously didn't mind, but he did say 4 per day si the upper limit dose-wise. I don't know how the crinone dose compares to pessaries. For this next cycle, I think he is going to have me start on 3 per day and do a BT to check progesterone about 5 days after transfer. You know, maybe it is worth getting a BT earlier to check the progesterone - don't worry about the hcg level at this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bleeding is SO hard to figure out, because its so different for everyone. I had bleeding almost as soon as i started on the progesterone pessaries and so had quite a bit on the day of the transfer. My FS said that progesterone can cause lots of breakthrough bleeding, and it irritates your cervix. My bleeding had actually gotten lighter when i got my BFP, and the HCG was going up for two weeks while i still had a little bit. My FS said it wasn't from the uterus at all. So you really just never know. Lots of women get bleeding early on, its not always a sign of something bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again, I might ring the FN and ask her to speak to my FS...unfortunately he is hard to get a hold of outside of appointments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I'm convinced it's over.
    It aint over until the BT tells you no.
    I knew a lady last month who was full in AF, I said to her don't write it off yet. Next day AF gone, BFP and now UTD! So don't write this cycle off yet.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Bleeding is SO hard to figure out, because its so different for everyone. I had bleeding almost as soon as i started on the progesterone pessaries and so had quite a bit on the day of the transfer. My FS said that progesterone can cause lots of breakthrough bleeding, and it irritates your cervix. My bleeding had actually gotten lighter when i got my BFP, and the HCG was going up for two weeks while i still had a little bit. My FS said it wasn't from the uterus at all. So you really just never know. Lots of women get bleeding early on, its not always a sign of something bad.
    Clem - sorry to ask a personal question, but is it possible you were irritating your cervix by inserting the pessaries too far? I found that happened a few times, and if I tried to not insert them too far it seemed better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The FN said to stick to 2 crinone's per day (but thanks for the advice). Was thinking the same thing, will try not to stick the crinone stick so far, see how things go. Only saw blood on stick nothing since then. Resting now, will probably not move from the couch