Closed Thread
Page 52 of 255 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lackers there has been an annual European IVF conference in Istanbul this past week, some of us may have noticed our FS away for the week.

New research has been shown to suggest Frozen transfers are the way to go, freeze all and transfer later. Here is the link http://www.eshre.eu/ESHRE/English/Pr...page.aspx/1620

Oh the embie that worked was our 5th embie, our best embie was our fresh transfer (BFN). Our 3rd embie was graded a 3, so it wasn't the best and it wasn't the worst, so I assume our 5th embie was of average quality also... Just shows embryo's don't have to look perfect

I also found this article interesting, “Performing a hysteroscopy with endometrial biopsy prior to IVF, could increase pregnancy rates by up to 50 per cent – particularly in women who have experienced implantation failure in the past, the conference heard. http://blog.myivfblogs.com/2012/07/d...nd-embryology/

Gstef well done, I'm sure you will get a few great ones from 10

Afm, clinic telephoned this morning and they do want me to have a repeat bt tomorrow. Hoping numbers are ok.

Still in shock I'm pg, I must say

Never did I think after nearly losing my dh to cancer we would be pregnant two years later! I'm so grateful to science for putting dh's cancer in remission and getting me pg!
    Last edited by kmvw; 05-07-2012 at 16:52.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

KandP  (05-07-2012),Kenta  (05-07-2012),lackers  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frannie – I have been thinking about you & I’m so glad that your levels are going down.

Ngaiz – I have my for you.

My mum called me today to let me know that my dad has read some ivf research done at Harvard that says eating an avocado daily you increase your fertility – I knew avocado was 1 of “the good foods” to eat but 1 per day hmmmm I’ll give anything ago

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Havard Research

Hi Toni 81 and all,

I heard about that research as well this morning and I happened to be on the internet and found this article.

http://www.health.ninemsn.com.au/hea...gnancy-success

I wanted to share with you all.

I am gearing myself up for starting my injections on Sunday. I also had my first accupuncture treatment today...am hoping that helps.

Hope all is well with you all. Thankyou for letting me be part of this forum. Reading your posts makes me feel not so alone and inspires me to be positive.

xx
    POH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Oh ngaiz. It's too early to tell!!
    Oh, I know it's far too early but my heads just not in it. I didn't get emotional last time, but Crinone is screwing my head up. Seriously living up to it's reputation on side effects.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! Wow, time is slowing down. I can't WAIT for Lucrin on Tuesday. Slow, slow, slow. Come on already!

Gstef - 10 fertilised is wonderful. Here's hoping they're growing nice and strong for you. Squee!

I'm so hoping that this month's stim cycle will get us more than 5 eggs. I was disappointed last time, so I'd LOVE to have more to play with this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kmvw, i was looking on that site too. I love all those science articles, i'm a nerd. So thats where my FS is too! I'm sure your numbers will be great, it only has to double, thats all that counts.

Ngaiz, try and hang in there, Crinone is awful. My GP said to me she doesn't think they should put girls on it because the side effects can be so bad, she said she's had lots of girls say they want to throw themselves under a bus! But every little bit will help your embie get settled in.

Princess of hearts, thanks for sharing. Don't worry after the first few days, you'll be a pro at injections

Zamick!! Yay for an August transfer

God this thread moves fast!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good to know about the diet thing. I've been eating HEAPS of almonds & walnuts lately. Might increase the avo now too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi thought I would jump into this thread too. After 12 months of trying naturally I'm at day one and start injecting tomorrow 😳 not the path we really wanted, but the outcome is what our focus is on now.
    Will be doing the antagonist cycle so my first tests and scan will be next Friday and fx for collection the following week 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clementine I'm a nerd too, guilty as charged!

I also read another article released from the conference this week suggesting 5 or more cups of coffee a day will cause serious fertility problems!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Clementine I'm a nerd too, guilty as charged!

I also read another article released from the conference this week suggesting 5 or more cups of coffee a day will cause serious fertility problems!
    yup my GP (who's like in her 50s) said when she tells people to give up coffee (the guy or the girl) they fall preggers, she told me in the beginning not to even have one cup a day. Most people give it up for pregnancy and breastfeeding, so i guess its just getting in early.

I do sneak them sometimes though... especially when its minus 2 on the way to work.