Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol excuse my mistakes on the phone!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post

I am going to ask for additional progesterone support this cycle. Thoughts on pessaries vs crinone gel?

Dancing, hope this is the lucky cycle! Personally, i'd take the pessaries over the crinone. I found crinone to be so awful, and also made me feel really depressed and hopeless (i think on the box, it says "may cause feelings of extreme hopelessness"). Everyone probably reacts different though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well ladies, so much happening around here, things are really getting started! Best of luck and baby dust to those already PUPO!

AFM, we had the funeral today for my mums cousin, so a very tough day. We had to run in to get yet another BT this morning before we left town and dash in to our FS to make sure it was safe enough for me to be around 40mins away from the nearest emergency dept all day while we are still waiting for this ectopic to sort itself out. He wasn't too worried as my hcg had sort of leveled out late last week.

All day I had cramping period like pain and more heavy bleeding and we got the BT results this arvo and finally it's dropped from 326 to 274 so it looks like its on the move! Weirdly that's great news as this means we are getting closer to being ready for round 2! And I can stop walking around like a ticking time bomb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going to ask for additional progesterone support this cycle. Thoughts on pessaries vs crinone gel?

I tried both. Started on Crinone- easy to use and you don't have to lie down for and hour after inserting it. Down side- lots of gross chunky discharge (yeah TMI?) Buy lots of pantie liners. Frequently enough for supporting pregnancy, but doesn't actually go into your blood ****** (eg can't detect it through a blood test).

Pessaries- EXPENSIVE (Cost me $165!) and had to have one morning/ one night. Which meant to get UP out of bed by 7.15am for work I had to set my alarm for 6.10am then try to get back to sleep for that last hour. The night one was easier. If you had to have one during the day I honestly don't know HOW you could? Anyway, as for the plus: the progesterone in this type goes into your blood ****** and is (from what I have been told) a more agressive approach (can detect in blood test).

I am hoping to use pessaries (despite their painful 1hr thing) because I still have 3/4 of a $165 script of them!

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by franniesplace View Post
    Well ladies, so much happening around here, things are really getting started! Best of luck and baby dust to those already PUPO!

AFM, we had the funeral today for my mums cousin, so a very tough day. We had to run in to get yet another BT this morning before we left town and dash in to our FS to make sure it was safe enough for me to be around 40mins away from the nearest emergency dept all day while we are still waiting for this ectopic to sort itself out. He wasn't too worried as my hcg had sort of leveled out late last week.

All day I had cramping period like pain and more heavy bleeding and we got the BT results this arvo and finally it's dropped from 326 to 274 so it looks like its on the move! Weirdly that's great news as this means we are getting closer to being ready for round 2! And I can stop walking around like a ticking time bomb.
    I am so sorry to hear about ur mums cousin

good to hear your levels are coming down they keep coming down!

Sending you lots of hugsx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!!!

Fast moving thread

Congrats ngaiz, 1babyplease and racheal. Pupo! Stick little embies.

Ngaiz - some people have no common sense x I bet your filter had to go up so not to snap at that comment xc

Clem - boo to your flu. Its a horrible one going around I had it last week and felt rotten. Try fresh lemon juice, hot water and cokd lemonade drinks. Always does the trick xx fx it buggers off! Accupuncture helps me too if you are doing??

Peonies hooray for big O! Hope AF comes soon!!!!

Welcome lynlee! The 2ww is hard but this is a great place to come and debrief about it all

Wunsi - my cycle has ranged from between 24-37 days since i started ivf. My FS said it changes from person to person. Maybe ask for a scan to check lining?

Mrsjaguar - not long until jabbing!!!

Kdsd - welcome to craziness! Dont be scared of your first jab. Its alot easier than you think x whats the book like??? I want to read it!

I am taking aspirin at the moment. My FS said no harm in trying. I gets lots of clots in my AF so wanted a try.

Afm - First BT today!! i am CD10 so thinking might be a bit yet. My cycles go from 24-37 days with all the drugs so its a guessing game!
    Waiting for a scan hopefully Wednesday. I am a bit worried as I am away for work 2 days next week.... Fx this doesnt get cancelled!

Good luck on your first BT!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep Peonie all on track. Triggered last night! I have everything crossed that the next week all goes to plan and that we get a sticky one after the dreaded TWW! 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Out of all the pros and cons between crinone and pesseries the main thing for me is that pesseries need to be kept in the fridge so it makes it difficult to carry around if you go out. Pesseries are less messy down there though.

Do you have a choice?? The two clinics I have been to did not give me a choice. IVFA gave me pesseries and Genea gives me crinone...actually just asked the nurse at Genea, she said they give crinone for fresh cycles and pesseries for FETs.

GStef - Is your EPU tomorrow? Good luck hope it all goes well
    Last edited by Rachael3; 03-07-2012 at 08:46.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to know rachel- as I am with Genea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pessaries don't need to be kept in the fridge actually. Only if it's really hot. I didn't keep mine in the fridge - as long as they're not sitting in the sun or under a heater or something. I had them in a cool, dark place - a drawer in the bathroom. If you actually look at the instructions on the medication, it says something like under 28 degrees. It is just to stop them melting, that's all. Whereas, say, Puregon totally does need to be kept in the fridge.