Closed Thread
Page 36 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wunsi View Post
    Rachel3 I see you said that you did natural IVf an then PICSi. We did natural IVF with zero fetilisation and are doing PICSI this time. I'm not sure what your signature said, as I'm doing this off memory, but can I ask why you did natural and why now PICSI. For us (rather me) it was my inability to accept such a non natural selection thing (am a research biologist). Now am accepting that science must help us and PICSI gives us best chance.
    We did natural IVF because we had unexplained infertility, both myself and DH were fine. We started our IVF journey last year, our first stim cycle (natural IVF) we had 15 eggs collected, 10 fertilized on day 1 after EPU and had 4 embryo's by D5. We did our 2nd cycle (natural IVF) this year and had 17 eggs collected but only 4 fertilized day 1 after EPU. That experience was a nightmare, spent the day in tears. So the reason why we are doing PICSI on our 3rd cycle is because we don't want to risk poor fertilisation again.

Understand your point about non natural but accepting IVF was the hardest part for me, now I don't care what they need to do to give me a bubba. So many ladies do ICSI/PICSI and it worked, this also helped with our decision. Also PICSI helps the embryologist select the best sperm so it's probably a little more natural than ICSI.

I get my 2nd embryo update today...fx all goes well and good luck to you!
    Last edited by Rachael3; 30-06-2012 at 07:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never fear, Mrs J, there is MORE than enough Ryan Gosling sexiness to go around!

Ngaiz - I'm keeping everything crossed for you, that you get your sticky one this time round - you fought hard enough for it!

AFM - i'm well into it now - Clexane in the morning (I already have a doozy bruise from yesterday), DHEA 3 times per day, prednisone in the morning, 2 x FSH shots in the evening (i'm on 600iu and the Gonal F pens only go to 450iu in one shot BOO). In a few days, i'll start the certritide and the Luveris - so i'll be up to 5 shots per day. I tell you, Ben better retrieve platinum and diamond-encrusted eggs after all of this

The DHEA is weird - my skin is already a little oilier, i'm feeling like i'm perspiring more, but it's the mental changes i've noticed - there is a definite stimulant effect with them, and i tell you what, i've noticed that i'm far more forthright in my personality -i'm definitely not backwards in being forwards. I had a meeting with my manager the other day and wow, i certainly told him how I felt. I wasn't rude or aggressive, but i was really assertive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wunsi View Post
    KandP tears in my eyes, Ryan Gosling, too good!!

Rachel3 I see you said that you did natural IVf an then PICSi. We did natural IVF with zero fetilisation and are doing PICSI this time. I'm not sure what your signature said, as I'm doing this off memory, but can I ask why you did natural and why now PICSI. For us (rather me) it was my inability to accept such a non natural selection thing (am a research biologist). Now am accepting that science must help us and PICSI gives us best chance.

LKeith had to wait a month myself and I think I feel better for it. Gives you the headspace and the time for the ovaries to recover. It will fly by (not).

I'm sorry there are no more details from me. My computer went down 4 days ago and it's amazing how quick you can fall behind. Best wishes to all. I am just waiting...
    Wunsi, I am kind of thankful for it. We took a month off before this IVF and it felt really good not to think about anything...Yeah, he said I needed to let my ovaries rest because I got OHSS and 25 eggs!!! I think they got a workout

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm getting so impatient now. This has been the LONGEST wait to start!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick update since I posted on other threads...received an update on our embies - all 9 embies have made it to day 3 (6x 8 cells, 2x 7 cells, 1x 6 cells). Now it's getting my tummy ready for ET on Monday.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 30-06-2012 at 14:58.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo hoo Rachael - that's great!! Hope you end up with some frosties & a great one to transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well done Rachael!! Grow embies grow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck rachel and ngaiz!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    Surely Ryan Gosling's hotness should help us all?
    Lol Absolutely!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachael3 - that's great news about your embies! Grow embies grow! Good luck for your ET

LKeith - welcome. I'm pretty new to this forum too. I'm also having a month off but after a failed first cycle so will hopefully do FET end of July. So just waiting....

KandP - I'm a complete needle phobic so doing my one shot of gonal-f a day was hard but wow 5! Amazing! You really are a pin cushion. But whatever it takes huh? Can't wait to hear how it all goes! how long have you been on the DHEA for? Is this your first time on it? I have very low AMH but FS never mentioned it but I have heard a lot about it on bubhub. 

Mrsj- how much longer to start? My AF isn't due for another 2 weeks and we are doing a natural FET so probably not a lot happening for me for a while. 

Ngaiz- fingers crossed for you!! 

Bella - Channing tatum can certainly assist me I think!

Franniesplace and Toni - hugs!

Peonies - you have been through so much. I hope the next part of this journey is much smoother.

Emmylou - I actually ovulated twice when I conceived my son (natural). I didn't even think that was possible. I'm sorry your cycle got cancelled. It's frustrating when you psych yourself up for something. Good luck next time!

And yes, Ryan gosling shirtless in crazy stupid love is pretty darn good!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lackers For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (01-07-2012)