Closed Thread
Page 29 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emmylou81 View Post
    Sorry to be a pain but is anyone else on saizen an dhea and do you have any side effects?
    I can't help sorry I've only heard of them on here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtochris View Post
    Muzzy - I would defintely recommend trying acupuncture, you've got nothing to lose and it may help you relax more and prepare your body before/during/after an IVF cycle. Which state are you in? I've tried it but it didn't work for me, but the guy I was seeing was so lovely, he had heaps of thank you cards and photos of babies on his wall, but it just didn't work for me. I'm glad I tried it though, would hate to regret not giving it a go.
    mumtochris - Im the same as you... I tried it twice, the first cycle was canx and the second was one of the worst. So thats if for me with acupuncture. Im sure its great for others but Im not going to bother with it anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emmylou81 View Post
    Sorry to be a pain but is anyone else on saizen an dhea and do you have any side effects?
    Hi emmylou - Im on DHEA and start saizen next week. My hair and skin is disgusting. I hate it. Im dreaded the affects of saizen...... whats it doing to you? PS sorry to see you here again hun....

Ngaiz - congrats on the egg haul. Your FS's sound great. I too do DET's... Good luck for Friday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Muzzy - give it a go. I have only done one cycle so far. I did acupuncture because, even though the IVF was only because of my DH's azoospermia, I wanted to do everything I could to give it the best chance. However, I only decided to do the acupuncture when I was already stimming - so only had 1 session prior to EPU, then another the day after EPU. Then 2 on day of transfer (before & after), a few days later, then another week later.

That cycle did result in a BFP, even though I miscarried. I probably should have kept up the acupuncture, that might have helped, but the silly nurse from my clinic told me to stop it as I was bleeding.

Because I did it before & got a BFP, I'm not game to not do acupuncture again this time. Maybe it really did help. I have moved though, so found a different person and have had one session with him so far. Will be seeing him weekly now until we get to EPU time, then arrange trasnfer day. But I don't know how he structures sessions afterwards.

I don't actually enjoy the acupuncture or find it particularly relaxing, but as I said, maybe it helped me get the BFP before - so I superstitiously feel I need to do it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ngaiz - great egg haul babe! Hopefully you won't get OHSS. I have read it's 15+ where they worry about OHSS. I think drinking electrolyte/rehydration sachet things like Gastrolyte are supposed to be better than gatorade, as they don't have the sugar. And rest and protein. That's all I know. Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

KandP  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lackers View Post
    Franniesplace- sorry you're not getting clear answers and to hear sad news of your mums cousin. It's definitely not easy and vent away! Don't be sorry for posting about yourself. You are going through so much. Although I'm new to the forum, I know that it is not only about asking and answering questions but also a place to express your thoughts in a safe and supportive environment. Thinking of you.
    Thank you for these kind and thoughtful words Lackers. It really has been a godsend having somewhere to vent where people get what you are talking about! Thanks to everyone out there for sharing this journey with us! 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, so AF arrived this afternoon (8 days late!) and after speaking to Kate (FN) I'm thinking about not skipping this cycle. Wazza is away all July and she's not concerned about my recent bug. I'm still taking all my supplements and am feeling much better. I might have misunderstood her but it seemed that I wouldn't be able to start another cycle until Wazza got back in august, maybe they aren't actually starting new cycles and only looking after current cycles while he's away? I could be wrong. Anyway i have an appt at 6.40 tomorrow morning. I need to speak with DH tonight about it (he's interstate right now). I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed!
    Last edited by KandP; 26-06-2012 at 15:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow this thread moves fast, sorry that I haven't sent personals to everyone.

Muzzy - Agree with peoniesarepretty, it's worth giving acupuncture a go. I not have acupuncture every week like my last cycle because it gets too expensive but had done one session this cycle before EPU, looking to do another a couple of days before ET and before/after ET. It can only help with your cycle and blood flow.

KandP - Sorry to hear AF arrived that sux At this point I always expect it to come but I don't think it gets any easier when it does.

Thanks peoniesarepretty and mumtochris, will continue with this thread since ET will be in July.

And, thanks to everyone for your best wishes for tomorrow. None of our family or friends know that we are doing IVF and in some way wish I had the support from my family so they are as excited for us on on ET day..so it's great to have you all here. I'm more nervous about Thursday's results than tomorrow's EPU. I guess we had such a bad experience last time (17 eggs, 4 fert) that's what I'm most affraid of. Need to be at the clinic at 7am...glad it's early!!
    Last edited by Rachael3; 26-06-2012 at 17:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachael

I knew it was coming...this is my second AF after my first IVF round. I thought for a second i might be pregnant, but wasn't pegging any hopes on it as i had absolutely no symptoms, so am not upset at all.

After speaking with DH, i've decided to go ahead with this cycle. I'm feeling much better over the last couple of days, and am back at work. Neither Wazza or Kate are worried about it either. My gut tells me that this is a good thing.

So! Off to get my drugs tomorrow and then I start jabbing on CD2 (Thursday, since AF started at 3pm this afternoon, relatively unannounced!) I pick up my DHEA & CoQ10 tomorrow too. I don't know how much good it will do this cycle, but it certainly can't hurt. I'll also be on clexane, feldene and presnisalone this time round as well, Wazza is definitely covering all bases (one of the reasons we love him).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news you are starting KandP!! Good luck it just brings that extra hope