Closed Thread
Page 28 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Muzzy - I would defintely recommend trying acupuncture, you've got nothing to lose and it may help you relax more and prepare your body before/during/after an IVF cycle. Which state are you in? I've tried it but it didn't work for me, but the guy I was seeing was so lovely, he had heaps of thank you cards and photos of babies on his wall, but it just didn't work for me. I'm glad I tried it though, would hate to regret not giving it a go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Frannie yep I was lucky enough 2 get a 1 which could be frozen this time. So as soon as I jump this hurdle I will start to focus on preparing my body for FET. I am kinda thinking that FET might be the better way to go for my body as my lining was thin at the last transfer & I (Dr Toni) think that is because of all the intervention downstairs. I guess we will have to wait & see. Did u get ur BT results? We could arrange to have recovery beds next 2 each other.

Ngaiz – Good luck today I hope they get ur baby.

Mumtochris – DH is a keeper I love him so much & he doesn’t like to say it but I no that every month we get a neg he gets upset (not in front of me cos he’s a bloke) haha. I have been going 2 have acupuncture & that has def improved my egg quality cos every ivf cycle has improved.

Muzzy – I totally recommend acupuncture – I have been going since Jan & u can see the difference in my BBT. Dr said that it would take 4-5 months 2 fix the quality of my eggs & last cycle was the best its ever been – if nothing else I walk out so much more relax & DH really notices the change in me. I’m in western Sydney if u’d like my acup details I am happy to PM u.

I'm currently at work & I can't concentrate I just want 2 go & have this u/s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    mumtochris- thanks i might give it a go!

toni- yes im deff considering it, im in victoria i have one that a friend is using for her morning sickness. just wondering what should i be looking for? like any good signs that they know what they are doing etc??
    when is your u/s?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    Is it ok if I jump onto your thread! I am hopefully going to start my 5th cycle with a new FS and drug reigeime! I am nervous but excited at the same time! I had an op last week and just waiting for AF! But she is nnot playing nice and so we may have to wait another month Nice to see some familiar faces

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Toni and Frannies place, i really hope you both get some answers soon, the waiting must be agony L

Ngaiz, hope your EPU goes well today. Hope they give you better drugs than last time!

Rachel, good luck to you too for tomorrow, hope you get a big egg haul.

Mumtochris, how are you going? Where are you up to at the moment? I love your avatar, such a cute cat J

Muzzy, i can’t recommend acupuncture highly enough. I have it twice on the day of transfer and then once a day for 4 days afterwards. Although i don’t have a baby, i’ve had two transfers and gotten pregnant twice, so i think that it might have help. Either way, its very relaxing and zen and the chinese have a great way of looking at things and making you feel calm. I had it for regularly for a year before starting ivf (for other things) and i think it’s helped me a lot. I guess it prob depends on who you get as well, mine is very traditional Chinese so not sure if that makes a difference.

Emmylou! It’s nice to see you, but i was hoping you’d be in a pregnant thread by now, you've been through enough cycles you poor thing. A new FS sounds good, hope this time you get a great result. Are you doing a full cycle? Lets hope it’s the lucky one for both of us!

17 days till transfer (not that i’m counting or anything!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the well wishes girlies. It went really well, and I got 14 eggies. The Endone worked a treat, it was soo much better. Ben (one of my FS) was lovely, he held my hand the whole process and wanted to share the gas, haha. Two very good blokes.

Before going in Simon (my other FS) had a chat with me and suggested a DET and doesn't care that we won't be freezing. Bens only concern is ohss with the number of eggs I had so I'm back on the protein diet and Gatorade. Any other suggestions? My blood seem fine.

I'm feeling really confident about this cycle but not sure how many more I wanna do to be honest. As much as I want this, it's taking a huge toll on our lives both physically and emotionally. Might take a long break, go on holiday and reassess the situation if it doesn't work out. ET is Friday morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to be a pain but is anyone else on saizen an dhea and do you have any side effects?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update for those playing along at home... Yesterday's BT was at 300, still not dropping enough! US booked for tomorrow to see if they can see anything - should be 8 weeks but with levels so low I don't think they'll be able to see anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Franniesplace- sorry you're not getting clear answers and to hear sad news of your mums cousin. It's definitely not easy and vent away! Don't be sorry for posting about yourself. You are going through so much. Although I'm new to the forum, I know that it is not only about asking and answering questions but also a place to express your thoughts in a safe and supportive environment. Thinking of you.

Muzzy - I would have been scared too!

Toni - any news from the u/s? Hope you're ok.

Rachael3 - good luck for EPU tomorrow!! Hope there's lots in there!

Mumtochris- even though you think your story is boring, I remember reading your posts after I had been TTC for about 18 months and remember how strong I thought/think you are as you had been trying for so much longer than I had been. and here we are together!

Ngaiz- your FS sound lovely. Glad it went better this time. Definitely understand about IVF taking a toll. Hopefully you won't need anymore cycles and the next holiday you take will be a babymoon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emmylou81 View Post
    Sorry to be a pain but is anyone else on saizen an dhea and do you have any side effects?
    I don't have any info, but am also keen to hear about any side effects of DHEA. Wazza has prescribed it and I've heard conflicting reports. Some positive, some negative.