Closed Thread
Page 24 of 255 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbabysteps View Post
    Rachael3: did you overstimulate or did they reduce you because you eggs did not come out the best quality???

I have to tell you girls i'm really excited to start sniffing and jabbing! I honestly never thought I would say that in a sentence ha ha but I am. It's all the waiting that's driving my bonkers!!
    Hi lilbabysteps, this was the 2nd stim cycle..first time with new FS. I had 17 eggs, 14 mature but only 4 fertilised none were blasts at day 5. My DH's sperm is fine and I had endometriosis (which I had no symptoms other than infertility) and had it removed. I have no other problems docs can find.

My FS said that even though I didn't feel sick or had symptoms of over stimming he thinks that it could be that my eggs don't need that much drugs which can worsen the egg quality and cause the low fert rate.

This time he has lowered the Puregon levels and we are doing PICSI to help with the fertilization process. All we can do is have faith in our FS but it's so hard since I haven't had any kids, your double concerned that it will never be possible.

Allymumtobe, what do you think happened? Did your FS not give you enough FSH? That is hard we thought our last cycle was going to be cancelled, hopefully the time now will move quick for you to try again.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 22-06-2012 at 17:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, just had our FS appt and I'm still confused. On the way in there, completely out of the blue, I got massive period pain on one side, so he is still concerned about ectopic pregnancy, put me straight on the US which hurt whatever he was poking but he couldn't see anything so he sent me for yet another BT straight away to see if the hcg might be going up still! However I've had some nurofen and the pain has eased and I think my bleeding has picked up the pace again, so perhaps this is the m/c we've been expecting...

On the flip side, we are now waiting for AF for a natural FET on my next ovulation. He was really positive about me having this result this time, kind of said it indicated my body is ready to go. I do like the idea that hopefully it can all happen with a lot less medical intrusion next time too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK, well it’s near impossible to catch up properly with over 100 replies since my last post .

One thing I do remember reading that made me laugh was Fortitude saying how your DH will be out of town when you have your FET, yes you’ll be PUPO without him being around. Hmmmm

Amps – how did your surgery go?

Franniesplace - sorry to hear about your pain, I really hope it's not an ectopic/mc, if the US didn't pick up anything how was the blood test results? If it is the worst case then doing a natural FET will be just around the corner, good luck

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Clementine/racheal- Hey, yeah I need a higher dose of fsh I started on 75 then they upped it to 112.5 but it still wasn't enough I guess!!!

Peonies - I'm on normal pregnancy vitamins is there anything else i can take?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kellbell85 – Hi I haven’t had a FET yet so I will be interested to follow ur journey to having a baby.

I’m going to start saying having a baby now cos so many of us have been able to fall pregnant which is great but it needs 2 stick for the 9months so only positive thoughts for me now (well I’ll try) – I have 2 look forward & keep planning or I’m gunna go nuts.

Peoniearepretty – I’m so happy ur hcg finally went back to 0. I love acup I have been going since Jan (Dr Kang) & I think that has def helped me with my egg quality. He has been focusing on getting my BBT which now(well b4 my last ivf round) looked like a normal person finally!

Rachael3 – it is so frustrating when you don’t no wots wrong – sometimes u just want a diagnosis so they can fix it, fall & finally extend ur family. I am like u & trying 2 trust the Dr’s have faith that they will get it right & u will get ur baby this time.

Lilbabysteps – I also get excited when I start jabbing cos it actually feels like u r doing something besides waiting.

Clementine Grace – woot woot u have a possible transfer date that is so exciting!!! Something good to focus on I am so happy for u. I bet u have even worked out the date that you will first be able to POAS – hehe thats wot I would be doing.

Wunsi – I understand ur waiting for the AF that starts the next ivf round – the year goes so fast when u are counting from AF to AF.

Mumtochris – I hear u if u miss a couple of days it can take forever to pick this back up hehe I’ve just decided 2 put ta house work back a couple of hrs so I can catch up - who wants 2 do house work anyways??

Allymumtobe – hey sorry to hear about ur cycle being cancelled. I often think that they should give u a trigger injection & try naturally so u don’t waste the potential eggies. Sorry hun I am having 1 of those emotional days when I am trying 2 be super positive – is it dumb to think every month even when ur not doing ivf that we may lucky enough to fall? I sometimes buy preg tests when they r on sale & every month around when I’m due I do a test – sad I no!!! But hope that 1 day I might b surprised. I have been taking vit D fish oil & a preg multi v. Good luck next time I have a feeling this thread will be lucky.

Franniesplace – oh frannie I understand every movement u r thinking is that the pain? is that my tube? Please don’t burst as I don’t need anything else 2 go wrong. I really really hope that u are passing it now so u can start over. I like wot ur Dr says about ur body is read now. Babies here we come!!!

AFM – Sorry about the long post DH having a boys day/night so I have had a chance 2 catch up & I figure that he needs a time out & a chance 2 relax. (I must be a nightmare 2 live with at the moment). I am trying 2 be super happy & positive 2day as I only have 2 more sleeps 2 find out if I have surgery or not. Is it crazy 2 want 2 have surgery so I can be sure that everything is out of me & I can start fresh? Oh well I better go the toilet ain’t gunna clean itself (unfortunately). I hope everyone can enjoy the wknd it looks really pretty outside.
    Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Toni, I like your username, that was one of my old nicknames many years ago, I think only a few people still call me that now but I forget that they're talking to me sometimes when they call me that. Anyway, I know what you mean about housework, I managed to take the vacuum cleaner out and it's still where I left it an hour ago!

What surgery do you want? I don't think you're crazy because I feel the same way so if you're crazy then so am I. I had a lap done 2 years ago to remove endo and I always wonder if I need it again, but I'm so scared of having another d&c I just change my mind.

I also have bad eggs but acu didn't work for me, great that it's helping you. I'm taking a few different supplements to help my quality, which worked on my last cycle even though it was a bfn.

Enjoy having a day to yourself whilst DH is away, it's amazing how much we can do when they're not around
    Last edited by AceOfBase; 23-06-2012 at 13:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our doc called back at 9.30 last night to tell me that our results were 358, about the same still as Wednesday... Which probably meant I wasn't m/c yet as it would've dropped... So they still don't know! He basically told me if I have any worse pain to go to emergency, we'll do another BT on Monday and a proper us before the end of the week.

Incidentally the pain eased pretty quick so who knows?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reading through the posts it's amazing how many things can go wrong during a standard IVF cycle. It's not enough that the process and waiting is tough but poor/no eggs or sperm, cancelled cycles, low hcg after BFP, m/c etc. just adds to the complexity of the process.

franniesplace - sorry to hear your in limbo land at the moment, the waiting is so hard when you just want answers. Hopefully you'll get what you need on Monday.

Allymumtobe - With my first cycle last year my FS started me at 75 and ended with 250 Puregon (in the same cycle). My new FS said it's better for the follicles (and eggs) to keep the Puregon levels the same throughout the cycle. If this was your first cycle then your FS is still learning what protocol works best for you. If they do not change their methods, then it's worth seeing a different FS but I'm sure they learnt a lot from this cycle.

I know most abbreviations but what does AFM standard for?

I went in for my 4th BT and 3rd US today, thought tonight would be trigger but I will be back there on Monday. Hopefully we trigger Monday night and EPU on Wednesday, can't wait any more
    Last edited by Rachael3; 23-06-2012 at 14:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

This is my very first post so hope this works! I have been reading for a while though but got the courage up to actually post. We just went through our first cycle of IVF and ended up with a BFN. So just waiting another month to do our first FET. Bit nervous. Bit worried that if a fresh cycle didn't work, then why would a FET. That probably sounds silly but for some reason, I keep thinking about this.

We are lucky enough to already to have one beautiful three year old so I know my body can do this!

FET probably won't be until the very end of July as AF is just finishing. AF arrived 9dp2dt. Is that early or ok? I was on crinone twice a day.

Hope to get to know you all through this journey. And it's nice to talk to people who actually understand what this journey entails and all it's ups and downs and crazies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mumtochris – I think the fumes have gone 2 my head & I am ready for DH 2 come home now I want a hug ( I h@te hormones)!!! I am currently having a failed preg & my hcg levels r going up so they think it might b ectopic. I kinda hope that it is so that can just go & get it out so I can get back on track.

Frannie – This is crazy!!! Sounds like we r having the same nightmare!!!! Let’s hope that it will be over by the end of next wk.

Rachael3 – fingers crossed for Wed. My understanding is that AFM stands for as for me.

Lackers – hey on my 2nd round I was on crinone morning & night & AF started 10dp5dt. I was worried about FET & defrosting etc but the nurses assure me that they only freeze the 1’s that they think have the best chance of making it. I look forward 2 following ur journey hopefully I won’t b 2 far behind u.