Closed Thread
Page 207 of 256 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2551
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Clem - I understand about feeling like a failure, - although someone said to me once that you're not a failure if it isn't in your control. And our bodies certainly aren't otherwise we would have fixed this damn problem wouldn't we..

Tiggerfields - that's terrible news to receive but it sounds like your FS is doing his level best to get you pregnant. I know it must be hard to hear the donor eggs word. This is an option for us and when I heard it I was devastated. I will give ivf 3-4 try's and if nothing we will try donor. I know it won't be mine genetically but it's still a bubba and it will have half my hubbies gene's.

AFM- recovering from gastro but now getting AF like cramps and just had a bit of brown spotting when I wiped. Does anyone know if this could be my period or something else. I'm only 5dp5dt so is it too early for period. Or does periods come early on ivf? I'm so freaking out. I hate this waiting and analysing every twinge.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Clem - It looks like a few of us are feeling like failures today. It just isn't fair!
    Hopefully you ovulate and can have the biopsy!

I don't think my FS makes time for me, I think she is just usually free because she doesn't have many patients

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    KandP - I've heard (and tried) taking vitamin c to bring on AF as it breaks down the progesterone or something? I've tried it a few times, and guess I would say it works, or maybe my AF was just closer than I thought lol
    Thanks for that, Disney - the thing is, AF arrived yesterday! The day before, i got bloods taken and my levels were 3.4. Today they are 6.1 They think it could be an old follie that's still producing progesterone, but can't say for sure. So yeah, bloods and US on Saturday morning to determine whether we start the cycle again or wait for a month.

Clem - i LOVE wazza - he's very unique and a lovely bloke. I don't think he's everyones cup of tea, but he swears and he calls a spade a spade. Some people may not appreciate that, but i feel completely at home with him. After EPU you wake up with the number of eggs written all over your lower legs, when you have ET he gets you to sing a song as he's transferring the embie

As for feeling like a failure - Clem you are SUCH a strong lady, I wish with everything that you get the change you want - and if stopping work is what you need and you have that option then do it, for sure. I'm feeling much the same - why the hell is my progesterone going UP, while i'm on my period! Lowering progesterone is what causes you to get your period!
    Last edited by KandP; 09-08-2012 at 15:04.

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies - sending masses of your way.

Clem - I understand feeling like a failure, OMG yes. I'm on such a massive downer today too. Thankfully I had a big day of client work to keep me occupied. I LOVE my job and some days it's the only thing that keeps me sane. I think it's great if you can take time off though, and only you know what's right for you.

Skizzie - sorry to hear about your BFN

Disney - we feel the same about donors. I don't think I want to use a donor egg, I want a baby that's MINE. I'd use donor sperm though haha so obviously it's an ego thing with me. I like your DS and his sore nips Re your FS, we go to one of the tops ones in Australia and can always get in when we need to because we are existing patients. It's just new patients who have to wait a long time for an appt.

KandP how frustrating re your prog levels!

Lucky - hopefully it's implantation and not AF. I have no experience but I feel you on the 2ww, it's the pits.

Still feeling very down, like a clapped out useless old cow with all crappy eggs And I'm only 32!! What crap luck for me.

Today for the first time I though seriously about what the future will be like without any more children. Really sucks to think about. I share custody of DS 50/50 with his dad and have done since he was 15 months, so I feel like I'm only half a mum at the best of times. Of course I am insanely grateful to have him. But the thought that I won't ever be pregnant or bf or have baby and toddler cuddles again is utterly devastating.

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I meant to ask, what do you other girls who run your own businesses do? I am always interested in sistas doing it for themselves

I own and run a financial PR consultancy: www.thecontinuumpartners.com if anyone's interested. I travel a lot but I adore it and I couldn't give it up - I'd drive myself mad if I didn't have work to distract me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for the support today girls, seems I'm not the only one today... And I appreciate it especially coz some of you are smack bang in the middle of some really tough stuff! It's a crazy ride, no matter what your individual story is, isn't it.

Tigger, I'm a driving instructor. www.franniesdrivertraining.com.au and I love it too, except I'm still getting my name out there... Before this I was a bus driver. I enjoyed that but the hours sucked and taking any leave was so guilt laden and difficult, i really can understand those that struggle with the ivf/work balance. Maybe try and think of a work from home option, if you are considering leaving work. Current worries aside, It's the best thing I have ever done for my own health and mental well being.

Someone earlier said, perhaps I could get someone to help me with the business, which I can't really in my case, but that did make me think that maybe its time to get some professional advice to set me back on track, so thanks for the idea! It's just hard to spend money to get help when you need help coz you're short of money!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

So sorry several of you are having a tough time. You are not failures, any of you!! I have a bit of a headache & am very tired, so not going to do personal comments to everyone this time. Still not sleeping well at all, last night was the worst. I am so tired you'd think I'd be out like a light, but no.

So I had a BT today to check my progesterone, and it was only 15. So the instruction was to get back to the clinic for a Pregnyl injection, and she gave me 2 more to have one on Sunday and another on Wed. My pregnancy BT is next Friday, so I guess there will still be hCG in my system from the Pregnyl. I didn't have this last time, so it's great that FS is being proactive on the progesterone issue (I had low prog last time). The bummer is that I had stocked up on FRER tests to feed my POAS addiction, and there will be no point really, if I'm on Pregnyl. Really hope this works.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got my antibody results back, and from what I can understand I don't have any.

It says...

Anticardiolipin Antibody: 6 (<10)

Beta 2 Glycoprotein I Antibody:
    IgC <10 (<20)
    IgA <10 (<20)

Now we just have to wait for our karyotype which should be next week, and DH's Sperm DNA Fragmentation which should be tomorrow. I hope DH's sperm is still good. I don't know how it will go trying to get him to take all that stuff again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck peonies! I hate the pregnyl injections. I think they sting sooo much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry for the sad news and thoughts today. I'm sending lots of hugs to you all.

So after this morning's ridiculous faint test, I fluffed my way through work and went to buy First Response pink tests to do over the next few days... decided I'd try this arvo. Nothing! I feel like a dork. I really hope I haven't just made all this up in my hope that this worked.

*head desk*