Closed Thread
Page 2 of 255 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello to Amps, Eaglegirl & Bubs4Kylee – best wishes on your next cycle, I hope it’s a lucky one for us all.

Amps – I don’t think my clinic likes back to back cycles either, which is frustrating I know, but I suppose we have to be kind to our body and let it have a rest from all the injections, etc. But more waiting sure does suck. I hope your medical director has some suggestions for a different approach for you – are you on crinone and pessaries for progesterone support after ET? This may help. I’m having both next cycle so I hope that does the trick for me.

Eaglegirl – sorry to hear about your BFN, I hope your next FS appointment in June gives you some answers.

Bubs4kylee – I was really hoping cycle 7 was your lucky one, sorry to hear about your BFN. Even though I was so angry at myself for the pineapple juice saga, I am so grateful for the feedback you gave me, if you didn’t I probably would have continued to keep drinking it after every cycle! I can’t believe your acupuncturist put a heat lamp on your stomach after your ET, that wouldn’t have crossed my mind either, but you think she would know about these things. We live and learn I suppose. Grrrr. Glad to hear AF came, good luck no. 8. Hope the Saizen and embryogen does the trick for you.

Kdsd – I know what you mean, it’s sad that we’re here but it’s also great as we have each other to support on our upcoming cycle, I love the idea of virtual hand holding, such a nice thing to say. Hope you’re feeling better from the flu, can you get your Rubella shot now?

Yes, I understand going through your first cycle can be a bit nerve wracking, the injections aren’t as bad as you think. Just imagine each jab is a step closer to getting UTD. I prefer to do my own injections as I have the control (I’m such a control freak, just ask my DH) but if you feel more comfortable with your DH doing them, then do it, he might enjoy being part of the process. When I do my injections in the morning DH is already on his way to work. I’ve never done this but I’ve heard you can numb the area with ice before injecting to avoid any pain (not that it is painful – wasn’t for me anyway, only for a few seconds) but I think also to avoid bruising. My bruises were incredible, but I didn’t care, it’s not as if I wear short tops or bikinis.

Yes – cycle 1 and 2 I had 2 day transfers only because my embryos weren’t developing that well and the scientists thought they would be better off developing inside where they belong. I’ve heard of many success stories from 2 day transfers. If I have any good emby’s this time I would actually prefer them to be put back in at day 2 just for that reason that they belong inside me instead of in a dish. I’ll have to discuss this when the time comes. Good luck with your appointment on 14th June.

What to do after ET??? Oh, how many times I’ve Googled that. The main things I remember is not to eat or drink anything too cold, eg icecream, very cold drinks, room temperature is best. As Kylee mentioned, try not to be anywhere near heat, eg saunas, hot baths, etc. This one is going to be tricky as it’s going to be winter, but basically don’t overheat yourself. If you get a fever, take something to keep your temperature down, I think Panadol/Nurofen should be fine, just check with your FS if you like, but that’s what the nurses say at my clinic. Also, don’t eat anything too acidic (yes, no damn pineapple juice, I don’t think I’m ever going to forget that one!!). What I was supposed to do was cut the core from a pineapple and slice it into 5 pieces and eat 1 piece a day for the first 5 days after ET. Thank goodness for Kylee, since I heard this I found this useful website http://www.amandabears.com/pineapple...lantation.html

I can’t think of any other tips after ET, except to take it easy and live life as normal as possible.

In regards to counselling, we have one at our clinic but we haven’t had a session yet, it’s not compulsory but is available if we need it. Good luck with it all, maybe write down any questions you have just in case you forget to ask on the day.

Sorry for my ramble, haven’t been on my computer for ages. Guess what I did last Saturday – I went to the New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys concert. It was freaking awesome, I’m still on a high. The guys have aged, but they are still my childhood sweethearts. I swear when I was waving at them they were looking straight at me

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

kdsd  (01-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kandp - after my big essay I forgot to ask how you are, hope you're going well before we start our next cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, please count me in too. I've started the Pill so that we can do EPU in the first week of July (that's when our insurance kicks in for hospital cover!). I'm with Monash Clayton, but i'm in the NT, so a lot of this has been done over the phone and via email.

this is my second round, the first round cancelled at 1 day before EPU! i was devastated to say the least. We found out 1 day before that we were both CF carriers and need to to ICSI with PGD. This is basically a trial run i think, i have no hopes for this round, just a trial run, even our FS said we are guinea pigs as they haven't come across the strain of CF that we have. We are "special" apparently.. don't feel special

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mumtochris... Thank u so much for all that info!!! Gave me more of an insight of what is yet to come! So jealous u went to the nkotb concert. I so wanted to go but had our second game of netball that night so didn't bother buying tickets... Then on the night the other team forfeited!!! Was so annoyed!!! DH wanted to take me to east 17 next week but he wanted someone else to come as well as he said I'm not dancing and singing along with ya!! Oh how it brings back so many memories!!!

Welcome KS09.. This 'trial' works first time!! Can only imagine how hard it is doing it from another state!! Good luck..

One more month to get thru then we will finally have some action and lots of BFPs (thinking extremely positive for us all )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kdsd For This Useful Post:

KS09  (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello KS09 and welcome, another K username, I hope I don't you guy's muddled up! Good luck with your cycle, I don't know too much about CF except what a friend of mine who has it tells me. There is an article on page 5 of the CF newsletter about a couple who fell pregnant doing IVF, not sure if you're interested, but here is the link http://www.cysticfibrosis.org.au/pdf...s_MAR_11_4.pdf

Kdsd - I had no idea East 17 will be here next week, I feel like my life is going back in time ATM. Now I'm singing House of Love, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtochris View Post
    Kandp - after my big essay I forgot to ask how you are, hope you're going well before we start our next cycle.
    Hi mumtochris

Things are OK here - we're off to Bali on Saturday so it's great timing - we get to relax and unwind for 2 weeks then come back in to our 2nd cycle.

I was chatting to my best friend last night about the results of our first unsuccessful cycle and that my FS thinks it's an embryo problem. He also discussed the possibility down the line of using donor eggs. It's not something that i'm really even thinking about seriously, but it's definitely on the radar. Anyway, i was talking about DE with her how i feel about known/unknown donors, etc, and she said that if we come to it, she would donate eggs! I actually feel uncomfortable with the idea of a known donor, but if we get to the stage where we don't have a choice, i'd definitely consider it. It's an amazing offer though <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtochris View Post
    Hello KS09 and welcome, another K username, I hope I don't you guy's muddled up! Good luck with your cycle, I don't know too much about CF except what a friend of mine who has it tells me. There is an article on page 5 of the CF newsletter about a couple who fell pregnant doing IVF, not sure if you're interested, but here is the link http://www.cysticfibrosis.org.au/pdf...s_MAR_11_4.pdf

Kdsd - I had no idea East 17 will be here next week, I feel like my life is going back in time ATM. Now I'm singing House of Love, thanks

Thanks so much for the link, it's really hard to find anything as not everyone writes about their experiences.

off topic but now i have that House of Love song stuck in my head!! argh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry girls!! But...it's alright.. It's alright.. It's really alright!! Sorry had to do it!!

KandP... What a wonderful gesture... I know what u mean by known donor though.. I praise anyone that uses someone close to them.. U have an awesome friend though!!
    Last edited by kdsd; 01-06-2012 at 00:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang on...EAST 17 WILL BE IN AUSTRALIA?????

Yeah we're goin' deep baby - deep deep down LMAO

I remember when they came to Brisbane...in 1994!!!

Ok, i've had my freakout now, as you were

kdsd - it really is a wonderful gesture and maybe my feelings will change, but *right now* all i could think about was that my child is my husband and my best friend's... Which for some strange reason, i'd not think about if it was an anonymous donor. The maternal genetics wouldn't come in to it. My SIL donated her eggs to her husband's brother's wife, and she said to me that she doesn't look at that child like it's hers at all. The moment that the eggs were picked up, she had no attachment. I think i look at it from how i might feel - i'd look at the child trying to find anything that was "me". BUT this is all coming from my OH GOD I WANT A BABY head. My best friend doesn't want kids, so i really don't know that she would do that. I did say to her that it's a pretty big thing to go through - hormones, injections, etc - A lot of the injections are before the EPU, and so there would be a lot to consider if it ever eventuated.

Anyway, we're going on holiday tomorrow, and i wish i didn't have to work today, but my day is PACKED!

If i don't pop in before tomorrow, i'll definitely be reading while away (can't keep away from you lovely ladies )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure about when their concerts r over east but here in Perth it's on the 7th

KandP.. Have an great time in Bali!! Hopefully the sun is shining and u can relax and unwind... As far the donor stuff, I was gonna write exactly what u wrote but thought I wouldnt in case I offended but seeing as u did , I would feel the same way about looking at it as DH and friends not mine but a donor, it would be my own.. Strange how I mind works at times!!
    Anywho... Have a good safe trip!!