Closed Thread
Page 184 of 256 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2551
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have got BFP with both 3dt and 5dt unfortunately they all ended in m/c.

My FS would rather grow the embryos to day 5, but if they are starting to fragment a lot, they encourage you to freeze at day 3. By doing this they hope the natural environment of the uterus and not an artificial one will allow these embryos to grow.

Tigger! Can K'iesha do some of her magic and get my AF to appear????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    They don't have a strict single embryo transfer rule for day 3 embies though, do they? I understand that rule for blast transfers, but I think 2 should be allowed for day 3 embies.
    She will only transfer one for under 35s. I think that day 3's should be a double transfer as well.. it seems that a lot of success from 3dts come from two embryos being transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    It's a bit of a gamble, isn't it? I heard 5-days were better, but only because they KNOW the embryo was capable of developing past 3-days. When they transfer @ 3-days, you don't even know if it managed to keep developing INTO a blastocyst, let alone get to implant stage.
    Yeah, that's what this dude said. That with a 3 day, if you have no success, you can't tell if the emby stopped growing or if it just didn't implant.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    I'm still iffy about the day 3 vs day 5 thing because although it makes sense that a day 5 has a higher success rate, the only BFP I've ever had came from a fresh day 3...my ONLY day 3 transfer!
    Well that does give me little bit of hope, so thank you. As I said before, if I can even grow an emby to 3 days this time I will be happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfields View Post
    It's all a gamble isn't it. Hard to know. My clinic does transfers at all stages dependent upon how the embies are growing. I know a lady who had a single fresh 2dt and BFP, we had a 5dt and are heading for a chemical/early mc. My girlfriend has a gorgeous 5yo DD who was one of two really crummy 3dts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakmick View Post
    I have got BFP with both 3dt and 5dt unfortunately they all ended in m/c.
    More hope, thanks guys.

Tigs - Sooo unfair that you have nausea teasing you. That's just not nice at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    Well, I am back with GREAT news!

We have one hatching blastocyst on board:

Attachment 24939

And... best of all... our other two embies also survived. We have 2 frosties!!! I am over the moon, cannot believe we had 3/3 get to blasty stage this time around. Can you even believe it? Hubs and I quite literally high-fived over the speculum, we were that excited.

Thats great Mrsj Im so happy its worked out so well for you
    Also great result peonies..

best wishes for the TWW mrsj and luckyme and princess... try not to worry about your cold princess, i dont know if it would affect implantation, but try put it at the back of your mind, as the worry might affect it??? as hard as that is to do...

the stuff around 3dt vs 5dt is interesting... your really putting your faith in your FS and clinic to do the right thing for you, but its very worrying that at the end of the day, its just their job and they dont have anywhere near the emotion invested as you do

AFM, Ive got bad PMS!! Hoping that means AF is not too far away!! god this one month break is going to kill me... wish it was september already...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol! I'd like to see lovely satin hotel-style gowns for the ladies and scrubs for the guys (Gregory House anyone? *swoon*).
    Oh yes - I love love LOVE House <3

Incidentally - my DH looked HOT in scrubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought this might be of use to some ladies.

http://unbaby.me/

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's all a gamble isn't it. Hard to know. My clinic does transfers at all stages dependent upon how the embies are growing. I know a lady who had a single fresh 2dt and BFP, we had a 5dt and are heading for a chemical/early mc. My girlfriend has a gorgeous 5yo DD who was one of two really crummy 3dts.

It is for sure a moneymaking scheme but I still think the vast, vast majority of FSs do their best for us. I think embie quality has a lot to do with it from what I've read, they would rather give us a chance of a BFP than have all our embies die in the dish before day 5. FWIW I only had a transfer bc they thought on day 5 that none of the embies would make it to hatching blast stage. As it turned out two more did on day 6 so we would have had three to test if they'd left them, but I guess they wanted to give us a chance instead of take the risk that we'd end up with nothing at all from that cycle.

AFM a whinge - I think it's really unfair that given this pg is almost certain to end in teh next week, that I should have to suffer through nausea while it's failing. Pah. It's happened for every single one of my miscarriages and I feel ripped off.
    K'iesha says HCG you b@stard either shape up or ship out, coz cows have four legs and can't do the limbo
    Tigger have you kept POAS-ing? Maybe it'll be getting darker?

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakmick View Post

Tigger! Can K'iesha do some of her magic and get my AF to appear????
    K'iesha says mooooove it AF! She also says mooooove on up HCG for me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tiggerfields For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (05-08-2012)

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jaandaw View Post
    Tigger have you kept POAS-ing? Maybe it'll be getting darker?
    No, I am staying away from the pee sticks, they do my head in. Also with my last mc I did that, and they consistently got darker and I mc anyway. I should NEVER use them but sometimes I am weak and can't resist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynlee View Post

AFM, Ive got bad PMS!! Hoping that means AF is not too far away!! god this one month break is going to kill me... wish it was september already...
    Lyn, I hope AF arrives quickly so you can get your break over and done with. Do you have regular natural cycles? I had to go on the pill last time between cycles (or risk a long cycle, or a Provera to bring on a period) and it was annoying.