Closed Thread
Page 183 of 255 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2550
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post
    My clinic gets DB to wear a set of scrubs..... I get to see what he would have looked like if he was a Dr.... Hmmmm pretty hot
    Oh, scrubs. Yummy! Men in scrubs are a nice sight to see. My hubs has to wear a gown too, hahaha - but he keeps his pants on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    I wonder if someone could come up with an attractive gown/hat/bootie combination. They really are tragic.
    Yes, with a bit of tailoring in the gown...

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol! I'd like to see lovely satin hotel-style gowns for the ladies and scrubs for the guys (Gregory House anyone? *swoon*).

Thanks
    Reviews
    We might be on to something here, ladies. Million dollar idea?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Four more hours til I'm off to Perth! Poor DH already isn't coping. He is prone to suffering anxiety (he's been med-free since Jan though!), however big things like me being away for a month he doesn't react to well at all.

Quite irritated this morning: I read a Q & A article last night on 3 day transfers vs blasty transfers, and I wish I hadn't now. It was an FS basically saying that the only reason clinics do 3 day trasfers is because it's better for them in terms of convenience, less work, less liability, more people make it to transfer, less cost, etc. Everything he was saying made sense. He said that if an emby isn't going to survive to blasty in the lab, then in won't in the uterus either. Apparently there is absolutely no scientific proof of the "better in than out" line that FSs who do 3 day transfers feed their patients (my FS included ). In fact, because 3 day embies are actually meant to be in the fallopian tube and not the uterus, apparently the lab conditions better replicate the environment of the fallopian tube better than the uterus.

I am just so sad at the implication that my FS, who I really like and respect, chooses to do 3 day transfers because it's better for her and the clinic.

ETA: Although if I can even make it to 3 days this time I will be stoked.
    Last edited by Sariele; 05-08-2012 at 10:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Four more hours til I'm off to Perth! Poor DH already isn't coping. He is prone to suffering anxiety (he's been med-free since Jan though!), however big things like me being away for a month he doesn't react to well at all.

Quite irritated this morning: I read a Q & A article last night on 3 day transfers vs blasty transfers, and I wish I hadn't now. It was an FS basically saying that the only reason clinics do 3 day trasfers is because it's better for them in terms of convenience, less work, less liability, more people make it to transfer, less cost, etc. Everything he was saying made sense. He said that if an emby isn't going to survive to blasty in the lab, then in won't in the uterus either. Apparently there is absolutely no scientific proof of the "better in than out" line that FSs who do 3 day transfers feed their patients (my FS included ). In fact, because 3 day embies are actually meant to be in the fallopian tube and not the uterus, apparently the lab conditions better replicate the environment of the fallopian tube better than the uterus.

I am just so sad at the implication that my FS, who I really like and respect, chooses to do 3 day transfers because it's better for her and the clinic.

ETA: Although if I can even make it to 3 days this time I will be stoked.
    It is all a money making scheme. Lets be honest. My dr who I respect greatly will only do 3day transfers with someone my age. I am currently on stims with epu on Friday hopefully. Then if the free transfer will not work it will cost us $2k per try to use our frozen embryos. Thats if we get any to freeze.

April 2012 Cancelled ivf cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sariele. I'm sorry you feel misled by your FS. However, it was always my understanding that blastocyst transfers do have higher success rates ... and yes, certainly that day 5 is a better time for an embryo to be put in the uterus as it doesn't get there before then in a natural conception anyway. I was confused by some girls on here saying the "better in than out" thing because that's the opposite of what I've heard & read. But it makes sense in a way now, that this is what they believe because their FS told them.

BUT, don't be too hard on your FS. It might not be because it's more convenient for her, but rather, because their lab isn't equipped for growing to blastocyst stage. So they would thus be making the best decision for your success. They don't have a strict single embryo transfer rule for day 3 embies though, do they? I understand that rule for blast transfers, but I think 2 should be allowed for day 3 embies. This blog post by Dr Licciardi on the topic is interesting.
    http://infertilityblog.blogspot.com....o-for-you.html

I have a friend who is currently 20 weeks - they do day 2 transfers at her clinic in Melbourne. I had never heard of this before. Her fresh cycle, she had 2 put in & the rest frozen - BFN. Then she did a FET with 2 more and BFP. By contrast, my 5 day transfer was a single blast only and then they go to day 6 to see what they will freeze ... and the answer was nothing. I got a BFP but then miscarried, so what did I have to show for that cycle in the end? Nothing. My friend's one fresh cycle has resulted in a pregnancy and she has 2 more in the freezer (although they may not be good ones).

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a bit of a gamble, isn't it? I heard 5-days were better, but only because they KNOW the embryo was capable of developing past 3-days. When they transfer @ 3-days, you don't even know if it managed to keep developing INTO a blastocyst, let alone get to implant stage.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still iffy about the day 3 vs day 5 thing because although it makes sense that a day 5 has a higher success rate, the only BFP I've ever had came from a fresh day 3...my ONLY day 3 transfer!

I've had fresh and frozen day 5's put back and nada!

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's all a gamble isn't it. Hard to know. My clinic does transfers at all stages dependent upon how the embies are growing. I know a lady who had a single fresh 2dt and BFP, we had a 5dt and are heading for a chemical/early mc. My girlfriend has a gorgeous 5yo DD who was one of two really crummy 3dts.

It is for sure a moneymaking scheme but I still think the vast, vast majority of FSs do their best for us. I think embie quality has a lot to do with it from what I've read, they would rather give us a chance of a BFP than have all our embies die in the dish before day 5. FWIW I only had a transfer bc they thought on day 5 that none of the embies would make it to hatching blast stage. As it turned out two more did on day 6 so we would have had three to test if they'd left them, but I guess they wanted to give us a chance instead of take the risk that we'd end up with nothing at all from that cycle.

AFM a whinge - I think it's really unfair that given this pg is almost certain to end in teh next week, that I should have to suffer through nausea while it's failing. Pah. It's happened for every single one of my miscarriages and I feel ripped off.
    K'iesha says HCG you b@stard either shape up or ship out, coz cows have four legs and can't do the limbo