Closed Thread
Page 175 of 255 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2550
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    MrsJ - I don't think the softening of the rules for older women is because they think younger women all have eggs-a-plenty. But what you do have is time to have further pregnancies or even just further attempts, from frosties.
    But an older woman has less time available to keep trying those embies one by one. And also, I think it's not just egg quality, but also likelihood of implantation and carrying a pregnancy to term, that decreases with age. So the odds are stacked against us.

I know that probably doesn't make you feel better ... but statistically, you have a better chance of having a sticky pregnancy than I do. And then, if I have one and then want another one I'll have to move really quickly. Perhaps it is partly my fault, but I only met DH when I was 31. We got married when I was 35 and I've been trying almost since then. Funnily enough I seem to be the only one with a sense of urgency over this - everyone at my clinic is so blase about all the delays (imposed by them), saying "Oh another month or two won't affect your fertility". But then we have gynos coming out in the media every second week lecturing foolish woman for wasting time. Can't win.
    Oh lovey, i SO relate to this. My hubby and i met in 2005 but only started dating in 2008 - engaged a year later and then married a year after that. We decided to wait 2 months to start trying (which made it Jan 2011), and by then i was 33, and we've been trying ever since. I'll be 35 in October this year. I guess it's the most frustrating thing about my cycle being cancelled (and it not being my body's fault) is that i don't have time to waste and now my effing period seems to have gone AWOL which set us back again - we started IVF in early April and have only had one cycle *sigh*.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KandP For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    disneybaby hope your questions are answered... and any bills carried over into this financial year from treatment you received last financial year you should be able to claim at the end of this financial year I would believe - as its still a medical expense that you have paid... i could be wrong though.. im not an accountant...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I join I? I am due to test I a few days after a bungled and very stressful IVF cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
    Can I join I? I am due to test I a few days after a bungled and very stressful IVF cycle
    Hi there! Sorry to hear about your bungled cycle - what happened? Glad you are coming out the other side of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Long story I will write it all down when I am ready still quite raw and hurt from it, but the end may be a positive, currently 11dpo and have done tests since Wednesday morning and all have been bfps .. Line is getting darker too, cautiously excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    mrsj how you feeling about tomorrow? im starting to feel a little sad that i wont be there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Officially jabbing...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (04-08-2012),SelM22  (03-08-2012),Zakmick  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apples - sounding very positive.

Lyn - nervous. Have this horrible feeling that the embies stopped growing, but I'm just paranoid. I've never been to 5 days before so don't know what to expect. I wish you were there too. Would have been nice to see a familiar face!

Fort - Yay! Bring on the fun stuff.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsjaguar For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (03-08-2012)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    Apples - sounding very positive.

Lyn - nervous. Have this horrible feeling that the embies stopped growing, but I'm just paranoid. I've never been to 5 days before so don't know what to expect. I wish you were there too. Would have been nice to see a familiar face!

Fort - Yay! Bring on the fun stuff.
    MrsJag if they have made it (and i have no doubts) to Day 5, they are nice and strong!! Good luck

Apple, sounds definitely promising

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tomorrow mrsj. I hope you have at least one fabbo emby there.

From what my FS told me at our initial consult, she is pretty dead set on single emby transfers for under 35s. I'm okay with it for now. In a fantasy world, DH and I would love twins so that we could have an instant family in one go, but realistically I know that risks can be huge and that twins both pre- and post-birth are no picnic a lot of the time. But I also feel that so long as we're using DH's cruddy sperm, if we are ever lucky enough to have more than one emby to transfer, I honestly think two should go back in, as I am pretty confident that the survival rate will be dreadful anyway.

But I have no real reason to ask for a double transfer for the time being. I'm only 31, so things aren't too desperate... yet. Although it feels that way sometimes, damn my worrying ways!