Closed Thread
Page 174 of 256 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2551
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We put 2 back last time and will put 2 back this time if they both thaw. I was only 25 last cycle too. My FS straight away said we can transfer 2 when I asked because she said they are our embryo's and if we understand the risks then there shouldn't be an issue.

Zakmik - I didn't know we could claim back on stuff like that otherwise I would have kept old scripts etc. It was just by chance that I took in these forms and asked if we could claim because they said to keep for taxation purposes, and he said yes.
    Now I'm p!ssed because from my understanding is we have paid $1500 out of pocket so far, which means we don't qualify, then we lose it for next year right?

There are a few receipts that medicare kept when I claimed them because they had to be sent away, and although they were paid before July 1st, I won't get them back for a few weeks which means I miss out on those aswell yeah?

Grrrr I'm so angry now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You guys are lucky to have the choice. That's what bugs me; they're our embabies, ya know? I understand the risks, but just because I'm under 30 doesn't mean that I've got eggs a-plenty. (Both full stim cycles have only had 5 or LESS). It just would be nice to be given the option.

But.... I'm not complaining.

I'll just be happy to transfer one, big, fat, happy, growing blasty tomorrow, if we're lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    Peonies - I'm glad he's open to it. I am prepared to fight if, for example, we have 2 embies that are good... they transfer 1 and are NOT prepared to freeze the remainder. If they're binning it anyway, I'd rather take my chances with 2. For shiz.
    I totally agree... Oh and love the 'for Shiz' at the end!

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think if I was still under my first IVF FS, she wouldn't let me put 2 back, but my new one sort of gives in to everything I say/ask because she says that I ask too many questions, and it must just be easier for her to do what I ask lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gotta love that, Disney!! Maybe I should be nosier & ask more annoying questions. I think I'm already annoying enough, since
    I've already googled every question (& responses) before each appt. :P

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    We put 2 back last time and will put 2 back this time if they both thaw. I was only 25 last cycle too. My FS straight away said we can transfer 2 when I asked because she said they are our embryo's and if we understand the risks then there shouldn't be an issue.

Zakmik - I didn't know we could claim back on stuff like that otherwise I would have kept old scripts etc. It was just by chance that I took in these forms and asked if we could claim because they said to keep for taxation purposes, and he said yes.
    Now I'm p!ssed because from my understanding is we have paid $1500 out of pocket so far, which means we don't qualify, then we lose it for next year right?

There are a few receipts that medicare kept when I claimed them because they had to be sent away, and although they were paid before July 1st, I won't get them back for a few weeks which means I miss out on those aswell yeah?

Grrrr I'm so angry now!!
    I just messaged you

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsJ - I don't think the softening of the rules for older women is because they think younger women all have eggs-a-plenty. But what you do have is time to have further pregnancies or even just further attempts, from frosties.
    But an older woman has less time available to keep trying those embies one by one. And also, I think it's not just egg quality, but also likelihood of implantation and carrying a pregnancy to term, that decreases with age. So the odds are stacked against us.

I know that probably doesn't make you feel better ... but statistically, you have a better chance of having a sticky pregnancy than I do. And then, if I have one and then want another one I'll have to move really quickly. Perhaps it is partly my fault, but I only met DH when I was 31. We got married when I was 35 and I've been trying almost since then. Funnily enough I seem to be the only one with a sense of urgency over this - everyone at my clinic is so blase about all the delays (imposed by them), saying "Oh another month or two won't affect your fertility". But then we have gynos coming out in the media every second week lecturing foolish woman for wasting time. Can't win.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Peonies - that laid-back, next time, still time talk gets my goat. I'm sorry you hear that a lot. There are so many people out there who don't meet the right person until later. It's just a shame that 'just try again!' is hard to take, when every little setback is more time.

I'm sure you're right. I get frustrated not having the choice, but I am also quite pro-SET in the same breath. A good friend of mine transferred 2 blasties & had one singleton & one split into three identicals. Heartbreaking news, but she only has one left now - she has been through the ringer over the last 16 weeks.

Anyway, I'm still just hoping for one healthy embaby tomorrow.... and a parking spot at our hospital for our lunchtime transfer. :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't quite believe my FS was making me take an extra month break after my HCG had gone down, just because he thought it was better ... I was like, "In the meantime I turn 37, dude. 37!!!"

Good luck tomorrow MrsJ! Don't worry about the parking spot. You just hop out & let DH worry about that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    37 is my lucky number - well, any numbers with 3 or 7 in them. I hope this year brings you lots of luck!

I told hubby today that I'd do a dash and run if the parking was bad. Finding spots gives me stress & I want to be caaaaaalm.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsjaguar For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (03-08-2012)