Closed Thread
Page 147 of 256 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2551
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Egg collection done. Quite upset as they only got three eggs out of seven follicles.

Embryologist said they could all fertilize we just have to wait and see. I thought maybe it's my low Amh, but she said it could also be that I didn't trigger well. Just have to wait and see if they are mature enough to inject. Fx. Feeling sad as I think that perhaps this is it for me.

At least I have my ds and that cheers me up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EPU was better today. I still didn't fully relax, but it was a LOT less painful this time around. Unfortunately, they only got 3 eggs.

I was feeling ok (since 3 out of the 4 wasn't too bad) but then we had bad news from hubby. His first sample didn't have enough motile swimmers, so he was asked back for a SECOND sample. We had to wait about an hour to see a scientist (apparently they have meetings on Monday?) and she was a bit flippant with us, which led me to burst into tears in the exam room.

Basically, the sperm were so bad, even in the second cycle, that we have now been swapped from IVF to ICSI. Knowing that not every egg is mature, we're looking at 1-2 fertilising IF we're lucky.. so no frosties again, and no 5-day transfer (unless the gods deem us lucky and have 3 from 3 fertilise - not likely).

She then said something about 'oh, next time I'm sure you'll get 20 eggs!' and I just lost it. I'm so tired of this whole 'next time around' thing. It sucks. I don't WANT there to be a next time around. I want eggs to play with, not to stress out about for the next 24 hours to see if we have ANY left at all. I want to get to blast @ day 5, but the reality is looking like a 3-day again, if we get there.

Sorry for the blah news, but I'm just disappointed. Aren't the IVF rounds supposed to get BETTER as you go on, not worse?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New to this - EPU Wednesday

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, it's our first ivf cycle and we're having our EPU this Wednesday.

Just a bit of background, my DH and I both have children from previous marriages but none together. I had a TL 11 years ago and they took most of each tube so ivf is our only real option to have a baby together.

I started cetrotide and gonal-f 2 weeks ago and am due for my trigger tonight, we're using syneral spray as our trigger. I've been feeling quite ill this last week, we saw our FS Friday for an u/s and he says there's 20 follicles growing - which explains all the pressure and bloating I'm feeling.

I have no idea what to expect Wednesday and feel very nervous and excited. How long does it take to come out of sedation for most of you and any advice for after EPU? I have to work the next day so I'm hoping the recovery is quick.

Good luck to you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    EPU was better today. I still didn't fully relax, but it was a LOT less painful this time around. Unfortunately, they only got 3 eggs.

I was feeling ok (since 3 out of the 4 wasn't too bad) but then we had bad news from hubby. His first sample didn't have enough motile swimmers, so he was asked back for a SECOND sample. We had to wait about an hour to see a scientist (apparently they have meetings on Monday?) and she was a bit flippant with us, which led me to burst into tears in the exam room.

Basically, the sperm were so bad, even in the second cycle, that we have now been swapped from IVF to ICSI. Knowing that not every egg is mature, we're looking at 1-2 fertilising IF we're lucky.. so no frosties again, and no 5-day transfer (unless the gods deem us lucky and have 3 from 3 fertilise - not likely).

She then said something about 'oh, next time I'm sure you'll get 20 eggs!' and I just lost it. I'm so tired of this whole 'next time around' thing. It sucks. I don't WANT there to be a next time around. I want eggs to play with, not to stress out about for the next 24 hours to see if we have ANY left at all. I want to get to blast @ day 5, but the reality is looking like a 3-day again, if we get there.

Sorry for the blah news, but I'm just disappointed. Aren't the IVF rounds supposed to get BETTER as you go on, not worse?
    Oh honey I have everything crossed for you that one of your three is the lucky one that everyone keeps talking about. Much love coming your way.

I am so surprised at how insensitive some of these people who work in the area of fertility/infertility can be - did she realise that she'd upset you?

I spoke to my FS today and he doesn't actually know what's going on with my cycle, and so he just wants to wait until i get my period (no OCP), so my body can effectively sort itself out naturally. Who knows when that will be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme and Mrs Jaguar - sorry your days havent gone as planned. But three eggs means there is still hope and I know saying that wont help. Please hang in there. I only got 6 last cycle, but the FS was aiming for fewer and better quality and he was right (Mrs J we got 6 fertilize from 6 with frozen testicular sperm - which had no motility! and 5 of those made blast, one didnt make it, one went "weird", three were top grade and one 3rd grade, you just never know!) I hope that happens for you both. Im channelling the universe for you.
    And I agree that the comments about next time dont help. I wish it was guaranteed that things got better too.

Workingmumma - good luck for this week. I find the EPU no problem at all. Some pain from end of the cycle and ovaries being so heavy and active. Recovery from sedation is pretty much instant and within 5 mins Im back with it, a bit hazy for the rest of the day and pretty much fine after. My clinic, like most I think, uses a very light sedation, so the impact is less than a general.
    Good luck.

Sel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sal & KandP.

Quick update: The fertility centre just rang, and said hubby's second sample was much better after it was washed, so they're reverting back to regular old IVF. Now the wait is on to see how they go tomorrow. So that's good news at least!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsJ & Luckyme - sorry you had disappointing results. Let's hope both of you get good ones, even if you didn't get as many as you'd hoped!

workingmumma - I'm triggering tonight with EPU on Wed too. I think it's very unlikely you will be able to go to work on Thursday - there's no way I could have last time and I only got 7 eggs. Good luck!
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 30-07-2012 at 18:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry mrsjaguar

I too only got three eggs and have been told that three are mature but only two look good enough for fertilization.

The flippant remarks are ridiculous, people should be extra sensitive on this issue especially if they work in an Ivf clinic.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that we get at least one embryo. Big hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs jaguar and lucky me I have everything crossed that those eggs fertilize!
    Hi working mumma welcome to the thread these girls are amazing! Hi to everyone else! Afm wondering whether we should keep going with my eggs or use a donor! Just not sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mrs Jaguar and Lucky Mel, sorry you both feel a bit disappointed. This can be such a hard journey because we all invest so much in each cycle, and it sucks when you don't get the best possible result. But 3 eggs is 3 eggs, you only need one great one to work

Hope those eggies are all fertilising right now and you are both recovering ok. Lots of rest on the couch.

It makes me cranky when i hear the IVF clinics making flippant remarks as well like "oh you'll get 20 eggs next time" you don't want to think about doing another cycle if you don't have to! I don't think they realise that are are always looking for hope so we hang on their every word. Every time i've gone for a transfer, my scientists say "oh this embryo is so perfect, there is no way you'll need to use the others" it makes me cranky afterwards.