Closed Thread
Page 134 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2551
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele... when do u fly back? Maybe we will bump into each other at the clinic Ur day 21 will be here before u know it so u best be getting on that phone R u using donor sperm this time? Or a mixture of DH and donor? Just a question about lucrin. Did ur AF come on time or did it delay it?

Peonies.. I know what u mean about the yay! I'm not finding it too bad.. It is good having the help from DH.. Told him he has even move work cut out for him once I start on the next one lol.. Sounds like ur growing some beautiful sized follies.. Fingers crossed they continue and u will be PUPO before too long

Mumtochris.. It's funny that I'm the one that started this thread but stayed away from it.. Just didn't feel apart of it coz I wasn't doing anything.. Now I'm actually cycling, I feel like one of the 'girls' so to speak Lol.. And toes crossed u get the best news ever!! when is ur BT?

Janndaw.. Sorry to hear that things rent looking good.. They r wrong and it's just a so starter.. A pain that ur fs is on hols.. When they go on holidays, another fs should take their patients that r ready to cycle again..

Luckyme.. Good luck with the scan.. Hopefully there is more follies in there!!

Lib.. Enjoy relaxing and making the most of this time.. Only 6 sleeps to go.. Good luck!!

Dancingbutterfly.. So sorry for the bfn.. It does sux miserably.. Hope u enjoyed that wine last night. Glad to see u got ur positive vibes back..
    Do u still have frosties or will it be a fresh cycle?

Sorry to those that I've missed.. Feel like I'm taking up a whole page

Day 3 of lucrin.. Nothing much to report.. Played netball last night for the first time in 5 weeks due my sprained thumb.. Thankfully went all good and no pain.. End of the game though, I came down with the flu.. Bizarre how it happened but it sux.. Was going to get cold and flu tablets but stopped as I didn't know if it would effect the Lucrin.. Anyone know what u can and can't take whilst on these meds?? Also is there any foods or drinks I shouldn't be having? I've stopped drinking alcohol, cut down to one coffee in the mornings (1 degree mornings, I need the warmth!)... Thinking of incorporating acupuncture as well but not sure when to start it and not over do it.. Anyone else doing it or had success from doing it? Is it worth doing it on my first cycle??

Ok my turn to zip it and sign off

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kdsd For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    peonies - Thanks. I've started a new thread so I can hopefully find out more about what other people do at various clinics.

Quote Originally Posted by kdsd View Post
    Sariele... when do u fly back? Maybe we will bump into each other at the clinic Ur day 21 will be here before u know it so u best be getting on that phone R u using donor sperm this time? Or a mixture of DH and donor? Just a question about lucrin. Did ur AF come on time or did it delay it?
    I'm flying back on Aug 5th, and CD 21 will be Aug 7th. I'll call them tomorrow morning, I've got it on my "to do" list. We're still just using DH's frozen stuff for now, but I'm asking questions on here about donor because after this stim and the next one we'll be all out of frozen, and if they can't find anything in biopsy then donor will be our next step.

Yes, Lucrin delayed my AF by about four or five days from memory. It was very very frustrating because I just wanted to get started with the stimming, but it came in the end. They told me when I started jabbing that if it didn't come after 12 (I think?) days of Lucrin, to go in and see them for another BT (or whatever they do in that situation).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a search, as there are already threads with some good & recent answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well had my scan and I now have six in total and two very small ones. I know it's not much but with my low amh I think that's good.

Fingers crossed they stick around till egg pick up which might be Monday they say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele and Dancing – there is absolutely no shame in seeing a counsellor. In fact I have ended up seeing two as part of this process. And not really for learning coping skills, but just to talk things through and realise that I am still normal and that this process is tough and it does make you sad, angry, jaded, ****ed off, reclusive etc. And that is all NORMAL!
    Jaandaw – I agree with Amysan’s advice on this too. Those clinic counsellors are very good and there just for this!

I have to also say though that I am a little more reserved in what I say to the clinic counsellor than what I say to my private one J She cops the lot!

Dancing – I am trying to convince DH that its time for a puppy too. Let us know what you get J And hang in there. Sounds like you have a good plan. I am trying to get back into the whole exercise thing. Went for a walk Monday, but I must have looked hilarious because my balance is still off from the D&C and the cold I have!

Lib77 – so glad that embie is still safe in there!

Clem – hang in there lovely. I dont know whether that does mean there is something wrong with you as you say. As we go through more and more cycles and learn more I am thinking that if the eggs and sperm that create the embryo aren’t quite right and therefore the cell division and reunion not right, then the embie wont take, even in the most lovely, plush uterus! But definitely time for some testing for you guys. I hope it comes up with the simplest thing that is easy to fix! I often feel like its never going to work. The clinic counsellors tell you that that is the common response from women as part of this process, as we jump all the hurdles at once.

Re sperm – my first clinic used the international stuff. So process as described by peonies. No wait etc and quite cheap.
    My current clinic will not use that sperm (they state concerns over regulations etc) and ask all patients to look at known donors as a first option as the clinic has 3 donors – yep, THREE!
    It is a 6 month process minimum at this clinic too. The laws in SA now around donor eggies and spermies are quite tough, especially about access to parent details for children conceived of donor stuff. So it has scared people off.
    We have talked about this as a possibility. And, I am still convinced our sperm isn’t great and is one of the keys to our cycle problems so far. My FS doesn’t totally agree. DH has two brothers but they are both in their 50s and one had major probs having kids too (sounding like a genetic problem – ah yes I think so L), so they aren’t options for us. So it would have to be donor.
    Aaaargggh. Its all so much more complicated than it needs to be IMO.
    So we hope that we get the one good eggie and spermie together that we need. And like Clem I hope that our identical twin blighted ovums is an indication that we can maybe get there – with the right embie.

Wunsi – thanks. Do you need to have motile sperm to do PICSI then. Our sperm is sad, because its testicular, so we get like maybe one or two that move. And of course they get picked! We used pentoxy last cycle and got heaps better results. Pentoxy is a substance that repells the better sperm as I understand it.

Kdsd – good luck! And we will all always be grateful you started this forum and are more happy that you are feeling happy to be back on here!

Peonies – thanks for sharing.
    My DH has all of the levels of maturity in there. Just not enough for spill over into the ejaculate and because its testicular its slow and mostly non-motile. But its there. We got 16 straws from his open biopsy, which I think is a lot. But not all of it is good (or bad, as the FS keeps reminding me!; I tend to think bad news all the time – but we have had a lot of it!). My DH has all normal test too – testicles, vas are both there, genetic tests etc. Seems he has testicular failure L I am still not convinced that his bilateral hernia repairs aren’t somehow implicated – but no one is interested in looking at that!
    I admire you for making the decisions you have made. That must have been a really trying time in many ways.

Lynlee – as the other girls have said, the EWCM is TOTALLY NORMAL. I produce so much of it once my oestrogen reaches a certain level and its pours out by the end of the cycle (sorry TMI), but it is a great sign. Not everyone gets it though. I have to take really high doses of FSH, so its just one of those things. Sometimes I wish the clinics just produced a little brochure outlining these things, so we dont all have to freak J

Disney Baby – I was hoping someone might find my comment about being genetically a man funny. I do now. At the time, not so much LMAO! And yep the PCOS sucks! But apparently now I might not have it! Or its mild, aaaargggh, who knows!
    And re the karyotyping – that is done is there is a reason that points to it being more likely a problem. So when we found out DH had no sperm in SA then karyotype is the next thing, to check for missing bits of the y chromosome associated with azoospermia and we also did the cystic fibrosis testing them on him, because a mild form of CF presents as azoospermia too (usually as no or only one vas deferns present). I was karyotyped later because the FS thought we might have a CF problem. But we dont and we are both genetically normal – me 46XX (no man genes!!) and him 46XY. So like peonies we are a bit of an azoospermia mystery!

Luckyme1 - 6 with a low AMH is great! My FS says 7 eggs retrieved and three blasts is our clinic "average" for a 34/35 year old! Keep growing them in there

GirlX – big hugs from me to you, Im here anytime xx

Emmylou, Fortitude and tigger – Are you ok? xx

Goodluck to everyone sniffing and jabbing, Im hoping to join you in the next few weeks.

Goodluck to those growing follies and embies!

And bring on the AF for the rest of us (she says now, knowing she will regret that comment when it arrives, at least in part!)

Ok enough crapola from me. Apologies if I missed anyone and said too much!

xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (25-07-2012)

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky - that's good news about the scan! I hope EPU goes really well on Monday, you might get some more between now and then too. I had 8 at scan and they picked up 9.

Liz - my fingers and crossed for you! Hopefully Tuesday brings some great news to our little thread

Dancing - your break sounds like the right thing, I hope you come back feeling really fresh. What kind of puppy are you looking at? I love puppies

Clem - how are you feeling? Lots of gentle for you.

peonies - yay follies, grow for gold! Hope you have what you want for next scan.

jaandaw - I think we can all relate to feeling negative and down and not like the nicest person. I know I can!

GirlX - I hope the counsellor helps, I have done heaps over the years and found it to be a lifesaver.

Sariele - best of luck for the new cycle. Fingers and toes crossed that this is the one.

mum2chris - how are you going?

kdsd - oh no the flu is horrible, it's been everywhere lately! I hope you feel better soon.

SelM22 - I hope you get out of limbo land soon. Are you waiting for AF?

AFM - today is a great day compared to yesterday. Clinic called this morning and two embies had a surprise growth spurt overnight and have been sent off for biopsy today! Very happy about that. That means FETs in August and September if they are normal and survive being thawed. One step closer anyhow.
    Last edited by tiggerfields; 25-07-2012 at 13:15.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiggerfields For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (25-07-2012),Sariele  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tigger that is fantastic news. Never count the little battlers out hey!
    I have everything crossed for good biopsy results.

AFM - Im not yet waiting for AF really. TMI alert but still bleeding from the D&C on friday. So little way off that yet. I am assuming it will stop sometime and I will actually know the difference between post D&C and AF! LOL
    Someone said patience is a virtue...

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just a quick update, will stop back for personals. my nurse just called. They want to do a uterine/nk biopsy this month, then start the next transfer the next month, so I guess it’s only one month in between .

I thought some dr’s just treated you for elevated NK cells, even without the biopsy, but I guess it will be good to know. I hate going for tests and waiting for results, but there is nothing else i can do i guess. They said they will do the biopsy under sedation just like epu (even though i’ts very simple) so i’m not worried about the actual test. I just don’t want any more bad news L

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all well.

Congrats tigger on the better results.

Clem, sorry it didn't work this time.

Hope the rest of you are going well jabbing, sniffing, waiting etc....

AFM I had my epu on Monday morning, only got 3 mature eggs,( I was only on 125iu gonal f (only for 8 days) and 250ui orgalutran (4 days) before trigger. We had Two fertilize, 1 was abnormal and discarded on Tuesday, and the third one didn't show any sign of fert today either, as they left it overnight incase it was slow to start. But the embryologist rung this morning and my one egg that did fertilize normally was dividing very well. She said they were supposed to be between 2 and 4 cells this morning and mine was already at 7 cells. Have transfer tomorrow after lunch. I have it in my head that this was our first try at ivf, more like a trial and if it doesn't work at least they will do something different next time or higher doses of hormones. Anyway feeling a lot anxious and a bit lost right now

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope your test goes ok Clem. It will be good to rule one more thing in or out. I had the NKC biopsy and they didn't sedate me or anything, it was just like a pap smear.