Closed Thread
Page 132 of 255 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2550
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm ok now...look like I'm three months prego I'm sooo bloated still. My little emby is still safe in there, ovaries are huge and the fluid in my mid section is still subsiding.

The rest of the week off work as I can't sit up for long...and booked in for blood test Tuesday to see if we have a buba 😃

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    mumtochris - Hope it is a BFP for you! Everyone is always worried how they don't have any symptoms, but I would LOVE to have no symptoms. I can always feel AF coming a day or 2 after transfer! So I always know early that it hasn't worked AND have to put up with AF pains.

Luckyme - The receptionist looked through my file and said it didn't look like I was tested, but she would get someone to ring me tomorrow to confirm. I only remember DH and I getting a HIV and something similar test when we started.
    I hope you get more follies at your next scan!

Sorry for being me me me all the time everyone, but I think I have jumped the gun coming back to the forums. I just feel so stressed with everything and I feel so angry at the world, and dealing with IVF doesn't help at all. I don't want to leave because you ladies offer such great advice and support, but I feel as though it's all too much at the same time.
    It's like I can't win with anything

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Finally can get on!

Clem big hugs xxxxx I have been in your shoes as well and it sucks. Look after yourself.

Lib ouch you poor thing. How are you feeling?

Sariele I think your feelings mirror mine. I have been considering seeing a counsellor to get it all out.

Lynlee after EPU I did feel crampy and a bit bruised. I had mild ohss as well so that added some extra symptoms like bloating and pain in my ribs. Dont be scared I will do it again! Very normal to get lots of CM its a sign that the drugs are working perfectly!! dont apologise hun thats what we are here for!

Mumtochris fx!!!!

Thanks for all the lovely messages.
    Unfortunately BFN I am devastated and taking it really hard this time. Sucks! Spotting continued lightly overnight and then AF arrived full force 20mins after BT.
    The clinic lost my result so I had to wait until 3pm ( had test at 6:30am)!

My FS was very sweet and told me he prescribed a glass of red wine (currently being drunken).

We are taking a break for the next 3 months. We will be moving soon, buying a puppy hooray and focussing on getting life fun again (beach holiday?). I am off to start back at the gym on my own 12 week challenge. IVF weight be gone!

Will still hang around though. Who else will update you all after magic mike next weekend?! xo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear dancing. Enjoy your wine hun. It sounds like you've got a lots of good things planned for the next few months, so hopefully when you're ready to get back on the train you'll feel refreshed and a bit more exuberant. Take care of yourself and DH (and the lovely puppy when you get him/her! ).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    SelM22 i hope it goes well for you with the PGD, we're going to look at that as an option for the next stim i think.

Sariele, i understand the frustration with the donor sperm. Does it really take 6 months to source it? Can you get it flown in from somewhere? I know what you mean about not wanting to waste time. Hopefully though, your hubby's will work this time. On what your saying, about feeling like you'll never have a kid, i feel like that all the time. And of course its not a horrible though, most people probably think like that before they have kids! Not having kids does give you a lot of luxuries in life, that you'll have to do without when you do have them, but i'm sure it will be worth it. For me, i dread the sound of a silent house in years to come. My Dp and i both grew up in loud, noisy families and the thought of us not being able to have kids is heartbreaking.

Disney, it sounds like you clinic have stuffed you around a bit. I hope after the next lot of tests and things, you'll get some answers to help you have a successful cycle. I don't think that Karyotype testing is standard, we haven't had it yet. I really hope that by your next birthday you either have a big pregnant belly, or a baby in your arms.

Lynlee, I'm not sure about ovulating on the med, i'd say it was very unlikely. I'd ring your nurse if you are worried, I'm sure ovulation would show up in the bloods?

Mum to chris, thats probably a good thing you've forgotten you are pupo Hope that embryo is snuggling in.

Luckyme, i had 3 come up on day 8 so they can come up. You can also have some "hiding" so sometimes will get more eggs than the follies you see. I went in with 8 mature follies and came out with 12 eggs.

Lib, hope you are feeling better, sounds awful!

Dancing i am so, so sorry There has been some crappy news on here today!! I really hoped this was the one for you. I hope the break is restful and relaxing and you have new energy to go again.

Me, i'm pretty flat. I feel exhausted by all of this. 3 chemicals in a row means that something is wrong which is going to mean more tests for me. I wish i wasn't thinking about this IVF day in day out, but its hard not to. I just want to get it all over with but tonight it feels like i'm just never going to have a baby

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (30-07-2012),dancingbutterfly  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

Clem hugs xxxxx I dont know the answer but it seems that a few of us feel that way right now.

Yesterday I decided that I was done, journey over. Today just the decision to take a break seems to have renewed me a bit... I feel that I can keep trying... Xx I am not sure if its more answers or time that will help you but I hope you can start to feel positive again x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, Sel - in response to your your question on PICSI and my undersTanding is that they use a HA plate which is a gel(?) of hyaluronic acid (?) that is a chemical on the outside of the egg that sperm should be attracted to. They put the sperm on the plate and those that swim towards or are attracted to it are selected as 'better quality' sperm with better genetic info. They then inject those sperm into the egg and hey presto they fertilise. That's my laymans interpretation. AFM - still no AF. CD33 and I've never been late. I'm wondering if because I had a large egg haul followed by early AF (CD25) (no ET) did my body just take a long time to absorb the corpus luteums and ovulate late? Is it possible to not ovulate after a stim cycle? Frustrated at the moment. To all those lovely ladies having tough times - thoughts are with you. To all PUPO - fingers crossed. All jabbers - keep up the good work. Those of us waiting - I'm told patience is a virtue...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops, double post. iPad issue
    Last edited by wunsi; 25-07-2012 at 09:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gee, I've had sooo much trouble getting in. Hopefully this massive catch-up post will work.

Disney - happy birthday! It was my 37th so that might make you feel better! So sorry you're not in a good place right now. We're here for you. Hopefully you can back into a more positive groove soon.

Franniesplace
    - wahoo! Glad AF has shown up early for you & you can get started again.

kdsd
    - yay for jabbing! lol Well, you know what I mean. My DH loads it all up for me too. In fact, I'm not sure I would know how to put the sharps on the pen - he does that.

Clem
    - oh no sweetie, I'm so sorry. Can't believe this has happened to you again. Something is definitely creating a pattern there - worth investigating.

Sel - no problem. Yes, we are using donor because that is the only option for us. My DH has literally no sperm at all. It is non-obstructive azoospermia, and unexplained. There was nothing wrong with him in terms of his testicles or testosterone level or even the chromosome tests that were done. But he's had the needle thing and a biopsy and the diagnosis was Sertoli-cell only. Then a different docor (major expert) ran the chromosome tests and felt he had a 50/50 chance of finding some sperm by ding a microdissection (this is the full opening up of the testes and going through them thoroughly with a microscope). That was done on the day of my EPU last time - it is the reason I'm doing IVF. We had chosen a donor as backup. Not a single sperm was found, so they fertilised my eggs with the donor sperm. We'll use the same donor this time.

GirlX
    - I hope you start to feel better. Hopefully talking to the counsellor will help you.

Tigger - sorry thinsg didn't go to plan, but I have everything crossed that the one you transferred is a sticky one.

emmylou - OMG that is no good at all. Must be so upsetting to have a cycle cancelled. Why did that happen?

Sariele
    - we only had to wait a couple of months to get to the top of the list for anon donor sperm. It would depend on the clinic though. And I understand your feelings about becoming parents. I feel the same way sometimes .... going through all this, and yet sometimes I think "am I really ready for this anyway?"

Lynlee
    - the EWCM is because of the rising oestrogen. This is good. I was sore after EPU and the following day as well. I needed Pandeine Forte, but then it really eased off after the 2nd/3rd day. I'd had major uterine surgery last year though, so I didn't know how much of it was perhaps worse for me because of that.

mumtochris
    - good luck! I'm thinking of you. Take it easy.

Luckyme
    - good luck! It is definitely possible to have more follies crop up at the next scan.

Lib77
    - thank goodness you're okay. I still reckon it means your HCG has risen. to you.

Dancing - oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. A break sounds like it will be just the ticket to rejuvenate you. Hopefully you will get lots of joy out of all the great things you have planned.

AFM: I'm just chugging along. Been jabbing since Wednesday. Had first scan & BT yesterday morning. FN could see about 5-6 follies on each side, but said I still had a way to go, as they were around 7/8/9 mm. And my e2 wasn't very high. My dose went up a little for last night & tonight & I started to get a bit of EWCM today, so that's a promising sign. Another scan & BT tomorrow AM. they have grown well.
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 02-08-2012 at 11:58. Reason: Formatting

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (30-07-2012),dancingbutterfly  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Hi guys, so sorry that there has been so much bad news in here today.

Clem - That sucks. I hope that FS has a plan for some tests for you, so you can get some answers as to why this keeps happening.

emmy - Sorry your cycle was cancelled, how sad and frustrating. You said you're not sure what to do next; what are your options?

tigger - Sorry you couldn't get the testing done. FWIW congrats on being PUPO, but I know that it doesn't really help when you're expecting disappointment. I've been there.

GirlX - Can't hurt seing the counsellor. Talking things out can make things clearer and usually easier to deal with.

Sel - FS hasn't mentioned anything about PICSI or any other extra tests/procedures. For our last cycle we used 1 straw of Jul 2006 sample, so for this next cycle we're trying 2 straws of Aug 2006 sample. We don't know if it will make any difference, but at least using two straws should give the embryologist more to choose from. In theory. I just feel like we're wasting our time with all this, TBH I wish we could just go straight to donor. But I can't tell DH that because it would hurt him badly.

I have heard people talking about having to wait up to 6 months for anonymous donor sperm, is that correct?? Because I've also known of other people who have just gone straight into it with donor. I don't really understand how it works. I know if you use a known donor they have to go through tests etc. before you can use it, but with anonymous I would have thought that that was already all taken care of. So is donor sperm in such high demand that there's a shortage and that's why people have to wait? I would just hate to go through all this to find out we do need donor after all, but then be told we can't do anything for six months.
    Hi Sariel, we're using unknown donor sperm from USA company Xytex. No wait, 1000's to choose from and you know what....it was fun and surprisingly cheap, (in comparison to whole IVF process!). You have to find a clinic and FS that will take you with unknown donor sperm, (only one here in ACT, but that's better than none!), we joined Xytex online, (which I'm pretty sure was free), and then paid something like $200 to get a 'premium' profile where you get to see photos and an essay from the donors. It only cost about $400 a vial for IVF ready sperm, but that was when the dollar was really good. My clinic organised a 'group' order and split the shipping cost across all of our accounts. Total for two vials of the same donor sperm ready for IVF was less than $900. When I said it was fun, we never had the option of using our own sperm, (given we're both female!), so were cool with 'shopping' for a donor. I understand it must be much harder for a heterosexual couple. Best of luck, I hope this helps.