Closed Thread
Page 131 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2551
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi guys, so sorry that there has been so much bad news in here today.

Clem - That sucks. I hope that FS has a plan for some tests for you, so you can get some answers as to why this keeps happening.

emmy - Sorry your cycle was cancelled, how sad and frustrating. You said you're not sure what to do next; what are your options?

tigger - Sorry you couldn't get the testing done. FWIW congrats on being PUPO, but I know that it doesn't really help when you're expecting disappointment. I've been there.

GirlX - Can't hurt seing the counsellor. Talking things out can make things clearer and usually easier to deal with.

Sel - FS hasn't mentioned anything about PICSI or any other extra tests/procedures. For our last cycle we used 1 straw of Jul 2006 sample, so for this next cycle we're trying 2 straws of Aug 2006 sample. We don't know if it will make any difference, but at least using two straws should give the embryologist more to choose from. In theory. I just feel like we're wasting our time with all this, TBH I wish we could just go straight to donor. But I can't tell DH that because it would hurt him badly.

I have heard people talking about having to wait up to 6 months for anonymous donor sperm, is that correct?? Because I've also known of other people who have just gone straight into it with donor. I don't really understand how it works. I know if you use a known donor they have to go through tests etc. before you can use it, but with anonymous I would have thought that that was already all taken care of. So is donor sperm in such high demand that there's a shortage and that's why people have to wait? I would just hate to go through all this to find out we do need donor after all, but then be told we can't do anything for six months.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    SelM22 - Thanks for the bday wishes
    I guess most of us can look back and wish we made the TTC/IVF decision sooner, but there is nothing we can do about it now so we just have to keep trucking on.
    Sorry but I had to at your "I did have this moment in all of that process when I thought they would tell me I was actually a bloke" comment. I sometimes feel the same way with my PCOS and excess hair

Clem - I am so sorry to hear the news wasn't as hoped. I think it is definately time to change things up and try to find the cause for your losses. Huge

Girl X - Big for you too!

tiggerfields - I know you must be extremely disappointed that none of your embryos could be biopsied, but atleast you still had one to transfer. You never know, this could be your lucky one!

emmylou - Sorry to hear your cycle was cancelled. Did they say why? (sorry, not sure if you mentioned any concerns earlier).

everyone else!

AFM - I'm finally feeling a lot better, but just couldn't believe my bad luck of a beautiful warm sun shining day for my bday, but too sick to go anywhere. Now I'm feeling better, the weather has gone cold and yucky again!

Not much happening here, just on day 7 of progynova and waiting for the science director appt on Thurs. I got my consent forms today and they have ticked "Blastocyst Culture" that I have to pay. Should I complain? It was my understanding that ALL of my embryos would be grown to day 5 for my first FET. It isn't my fault that there was one left behind at day 3. I'll be stuffed if I'm paying another $800 for it to be cultured to day 5 when it was suppose to have been done along with the others back in March!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I already ranted about my concerns over donor sperm, but now I just need to have a general vent. Please feel free to ignore.

I'm feeling all weird about IVF/TTC at the moment. I just feel like it's never going to work, that even if we manage to have one child, we either won't want to put ourselves through hell again for another, or won't be able to conceive another. So then we won't get the family we want. Then there's another part of me that wonders if we should even have kids. I was driving home from the shops today after doing the groceries, and I was looking forward to getting some jobs done at home, and I suddenly thought about how much less enjoyable and more draining my days are going to be if I'm running around after a baby or child, dealing with all their crap, so then I'm left thinking "what if we find out we hate being parents, after paying so much and fighting so hard for it? What if we resent the disruption that we will bring to our lives and want things to go back to how they are now?". It's a horrible thought. And then I feel really guilty about having that thought, because it's against what DH and I have always wanted and planned. And I just keep going around in circles.

Sorry once again for the vent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ***Stalker Alert***

Sariele - i think those feelings are normal, I also have those feelings and feel really guilty about it, but i think its just anxiety about a change in your life. Im sure when it happens you will embrace it good luck with the upcoming cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Franniesplace... if everything goes to plan with my cycle too, I will be due for a DT on 18/8 as well, give or take a day... hoping we both get good news

Sorry to hear Clem... I dont even know how that would feel best wishes for your next attempt..

Sariele - sorry to hear your feeling so down and like you will never have kids... thats the hardest part with trying for your first baby... i remember when we were trying for our first, I was scared at the thought of never being able to have kids, crossed with thoughts about was it going to be worth all the stress, worry and pain we were going through, plus the financial side of things too.. but nothing will make you happier. Yes kids do change your life, and in a sense, take control of your life, and its hard!!!! but in all the best ways... They are worth every bit of pain and trouble you are putting yourself through.. hang in there i hope one day all your efforts are rewarded with whatever brings you the most happiness.

mumtochris, i was wondering how your doing after your transfer??

Ok girls I have a question for you all.... Im currently on lucrin and puregon ingections. Had my blood test today and everything is fine and I was told to keep going as is, and come in for my ultrasound on Friday to determine if EPU should go ahead on Monday next week as planned.... but today and yesterday, Im having all the signs of ovulation (which lucrin i belive is supposed to stop happening).. sorry for the TMI but Ive got the heavy discharge like I would if i were ovulating - more than I have ever had!!! Is it normal to still have ovulating signs when on IVF meds?????

Also, Im wondering how everyone feels after EPU? Im reading some ppl have terrible pain, but FS says I should be fine??? What can i expect??? Im so nervous for next monday, this is my first IVF cycle and im so scared they wont get any eggs, or none will fertilise

how are you going mrsjaguar?? Im getting to the point where these injections are really dragging on and becoming a real nuisance... my stomach is bruised, they hurt that little more each day, and the puregon pen!! jesus I hate that injection, its so awkward.... cant wait to stop the jabbing...

sorry to whinge, especially amongst all the bad news that some of you have had lately... wish I had something more meaningful to say that would help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynlee View Post
    Sariele - sorry to hear your feeling so down and like you will never have kids... thats the hardest part with trying for your first baby... i remember when we were trying for our first, I was scared at the thought of never being able to have kids, crossed with thoughts about was it going to be worth all the stress, worry and pain we were going through, plus the financial side of things too.. but nothing will make you happier. Yes kids do change your life, and in a sense, take control of your life, and its hard!!!! but in all the best ways... They are worth every bit of pain and trouble you are putting yourself through.. hang in there i hope one day all your efforts are rewarded with whatever brings you the most happiness.
    Thanks you so much for your comforting words, and thank you Nic also. I'm sure everything will work out okay, but it's really hard sometimes and you just need to "talk out" how you're feeling about things.

Ok girls I have a question for you all.... Im currently on lucrin and puregon ingections. Had my blood test today and everything is fine and I was told to keep going as is, and come in for my ultrasound on Friday to determine if EPU should go ahead on Monday next week as planned.... but today and yesterday, Im having all the signs of ovulation (which lucrin i belive is supposed to stop happening).. sorry for the TMI but Ive got the heavy discharge like I would if i were ovulating - more than I have ever had!!! Is it normal to still have ovulating signs when on IVF meds?????
    Yes, I got heaps of EWCM on the meds. I believe that it's just because of all the excess estrogen in your system. The EWCM isn't brought on by O. It's your body's way of showing that things are deveolping in preparation for O, not that O is actually happening.

Also, Im wondering how everyone feels after EPU? Im reading some ppl have terrible pain, but FS says I should be fine??? What can i expect??? Im so nervous for next monday, this is my first IVF cycle and im so scared they wont get any eggs, or none will fertilise
    I felt fine after EPU, but I only had 6 eggs so maybe you can feel worse if you have more collected. I was in quite a bit of pain when I first woke up, but they gave me something to ease it and once that wore off in a few hours the pain never returned. I felt a little tender in my right ovary area for a week or two afterwards, but not very noticeable at all. You should be okay.

And it's normal to be nervous about results, but try not to be. Like a lot of the ladies here told me, your first cycle is really a science experiment to see how everything goes. Sometimes people have great results, but it can take a couple of tries to get the "recipe" right for each individual couple.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - I know exactly how you feel. Going into our 5th IVF cycle, I am starting to wonder the same things. I guess I have always thought them at some point, but the feelings are getting stronger and stronger with each failed cycle. I guess all we can do is hang in there

Lynlee - Injections sure do suck! Especially towards the end when you try so hard to find a chunk of skin that ISN'T bruised and sore. I am praying so hard that this cycle is successful for me because the thought of a 3rd fresh cycle makes me physically sick. I think I become more of a needle phobe with each cycle. Hopefully your first cycle is a lucky one!

I called my clinic to see if we were tested for karyotypes when we started IVF and we weren't. Is that normal? I guess it doesn't matter TOO much because we are getting tested this Thursday, but I will be super peeved if it comes back with problems because it means we have wasted so many $$$ and months with embryos that were never going to work.
    I'm starting to dislike my clinic more and more, but we aren't able to go anywhere else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clem xoxoxox

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (24-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clem – firstly, offering you big hugs dear, I’m sorry you’ve gone through another chem preg, I just hope you find some answers. Did you have another BT today? Hope your FS appointment on Thursday can provide you with some answers and a plan. Hope you get to cycle again soon. Having a year off to concentrate on IVF sounds like a good idea, but hoping that you’ll be UTD by then so you’ll be taking maternity leave instead. Despite what you are going through, you still think of others and are supportive, you are so sweet. Thank you for telling me about your FN saying how an embie is like a strawberry seed, I think of that every time I get worried and it does help me ease my mind

DB – I hate to hear when someone is spotting, but could it be implantation?

Luckyme – so glad to hear you had 4 + follicles, that is great. I agree with your FS, it is a great result. The other ladies will tell you how I stressed with this current cycle as they only found 1 follicle at first. I ended up with 4 eggs, so better than nothing, but I’m still pleased with the outcome. Maybe don’t bring your friend with you next time

Peonies – thanks for reassuring me that laughing is OK for implantation, honestly, the first few days after ET I was laughing with tears. I like the happy mum makes a happy bub comment. I don’t think having a few drinks on your birthday is too bad, you’re at the start of the cycle so it should be fine. Did you have a BBQ with the meat tray? Yummo

Sariele – I haven’t been game enough to check out that link you posted, when my TWW is over I’ll watch it either way, can’t wait. Dreaming of zombies now, what next vampires? Your feelings are pretty normal I reckon. You think of the future and what may and may not happen and how you will feel. I understand what you’re saying, you’re comfortable in your life now and can do what you want without the responsibility of being a parent but then you think what your life would be like being a mum and having a baby to look after and you have so much love to give. The only thing I can say is don’t give up your dream unless you are truly done with TTC, I hate living with regret (I think I’ve said that before) but it’s true. I know it’s so confusing, so I probably made it worse. In that case I’ll just end by saying take each day as it comes

Tigger – yay for being PUPO, hope that little embie snuggles in and sticks sticks sticks. Don’t be sad, let’s hope this is your perfect embie

Lib77 – I had some cramping a few days after ET and now I fell nothing, I don’t know what’s worse, having cramps or not. So scary to hear you had to go to hospital, are you OK now?

POH – how are you doing?

Kdsd – welcome back to the thread that you started!! Hoping AF comes for you next week, best wishes on your cycle

April78 – thanks for crashing, if my current cycle doesn’t work, I will definitely look into this Embryo Glue, thanks for sharing

Emmylou – sorry to hear your cycle has been cancelled, why?

Lkeith – I was the same as you, told everyone I knew about our first IVF cycle then only told my family (not even DH’s) and my boss about it for following cycles. Yes, our friends and family mean well but when they know you’ve had an ET and they keep asking, did it work did it work, it gets a bit much, especially when it’s a BFN. I just stick to telling my family and my boss so explaining to everyone isn’t daunting

SelM – that article you posted is interesting, I’m so happy for the parents, so wonderful for them

Lynlee – I did feel ‘funny’ before EPU and notice some CM, but if I had ovulated it would have shown up on a BT, so unless your BT results show this too it’s probably just your body feeling confused, not sure, but I think you should be fine. I went to work the day after EPU. Yes, I did feel a bit crampy and walked very slowly (no-one noticed, or if they did they didn’t mention it). This lasted 2 days after EPU and I only felt better are me and DH DTD, I think his ‘stuff’ helped me out. OMG, can’t believe I just wrote that , but it’s true. I would probably like to have had the day after EPU off work to recover fully, but all was fine. Can’t wait to hear how you go on Monday, so excited for you, fingers crossed all goes well. Yes, the unknown is scary, how many eggs will you get, will they fertilise, will they make it to transfer, will they make it to freeze. This is how the rollercoaster is I suppose, I’m thinking positive and can’t wait to hear how you go. Also, thanks for asking how I am. Well, I’ve been feeling a bit crampy after ET, but the last few days nothing at all, so weird. I get to test next Wednesday, so I hope this week goes quickly

AFM – I had trouble logging on to BubHub, so guessing there was some kind of problem?? Anyway, back on now, so I can catch up with you all. Well, I have no symptons whatsoever, I did the first few days after ET and now nothing. The only thing was this morning I had period pain, as AF is due around now, but thank goodness that has gone away and I’m feeling OK. I’m actually forgetting I’m PUPO, eg have been walking around fast and not taking things slow, or picking up a heavy bag (not too heavy, just like a bottle of milk, so probably not too bad). For the first few days after ET I was milking it something bad, every sentence that I said ended with “I can’t possibly do that in my condition”, poor DH, I haven’t said it for a while and he’s probably forgotten too. One more week until I test, hope it goes just as fast. Take care everyone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

LKeith  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

So sorry Clem, Disney baby I hope they did test for karyotypes on your other embryos. Doctor's can be frustrating, with their imperfections and forgetting to test things. Plus the money side us stressful too.

We are going for our second scan tomorrow. This will be our day 8 scan. I hope they find more follicles this time. We had 4 on day 4 and three little ones.

Is it possible to find more on day 8?