Closed Thread
Page 13 of 256 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So weird that you guys mentioned it; I have had terribly huge blind pimples on my neck/chin since starting Levlen before the last IVF cycle. There you go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    Just had the same thing happen. So hugs, it sure is hard isn't it? BT today revealed everything is back to baseline thankfully. We will be having a FET in July.
    What are your plans in July? Stim cycle? Frosty?
    Hi fortitude,

Yeah, thought it was all over then it just kept dragging on with little false hopes! I'm still bleeding at the moment... 8 days now! Ugh. Think it's winding down though today. (TMI sorry) Another BT on Wednesday to see how the numbers look and an appt with our FS next Friday. Not sure if we'll get into my next cycle or the one after until after we speak to him. My systems so all over the place i have no idea when to expect I'll be ovulating next. We have 3 bubsicles on ice and this will be our first defrost.

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladys ,
    thought i would pop over and join you guys if you dont mind AF showed herself today
    but i am excited to move onto a natural FET in august assuming my cycles go back to normal we have 5 bubs on ice and praying they survive the defrost

is anyone doing anything different from there other cycles??? eg:walk more ,eat pinapple cores ,grape juice ,relax more

i will be cutting out my morning coffee ,walk more, relax ,more veg and fruit i am not overly keen on pinapple core but i might give it a go and laugh more

its great we have some where to chat while waiting it helps to keep my spirits up !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mrs Jaguar, Levlen is known for creating acne L I remember i went on it when i was about 21 and within 2 months my face was an absolute pizza (and i never get zits), as well as just looking all yukky apart from all the blind pimples. I’ve only been on it 4 days and I’ve got 4 really painful blind pimples. It’s yukky stuff!! Brenda ED on the other hand (another pill) makes your skin look all plumed up and smooth looking (well for me anyway).

Welcome B4us, best of luck to you this cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome bubs4us. Pineapple core is to help implantation. Namely, it is Bromelain that is contained in pineapple core and that's what is said to aid implantation. You can take it in tablet form - but it should only be for about 5 days or so after transfer. Not all the time.

I took it last time, and I did get pregnant. I also ate walnuts, also supposed to help implantation. This time I am eating very clean and taking a lot of supplements, but this is for egg quality as I am doing a stim cycle next month. If you're doing a FET not much point in worrying about those. My FS told me not to worry about coffee - I only have 1 per day & no other caffeine really. He said that amount is no problem at all, and in pregnancy too.

Other things I have heard for implantation:
    Have sex the night before transfer - it's supposed to help make the cervix relax or something. This wasn't an option for us last time, as my DH had just had a testicular microdissection;

Eat turkey the night before transfer. I have no idea why, but I did it.

ETA: to help build your lining, drink pomegranate juice and red raspberry tea and even red wine ... up until transfer only, for all of them.

Can you tell I have read half the internet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Mrs Jaguar, Levlen is known for creating acne L I remember i went on it when i was about 21 and within 2 months my face was an absolute pizza (and i never get zits), as well as just looking all yukky apart from all the blind pimples. I’ve only been on it 4 days and I’ve got 4 really painful blind pimples. It’s yukky stuff!! Brenda ED on the other hand (another pill) makes your skin look all plumed up and smooth looking (well for me anyway).
    I have a massive stash of the Levlen from the script Dr. F wrote - so I'm dreading the side effects again. Yuck!

Took my last Provera today (10 mind numbingly boring days) and now just waiting for AF to show her face so that I can start IVF #2, hopefully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mrsjaguar i am so so so sorry af hasnt shown it seem to show when you dont it to and not show when you do very frustrating

peoniesarepretty- thank you for the info should i only eat the walnuts 5 days after the transfer aswell and how much pineapple core should i have each day ??
    i have heard ginger help blood flow to the uterus so might give it ago also
    lol you have defently done your research also is it true that a 5day blast FET take alittle longer to implant then a freshie ??

while i was stimming i was told to use a hot water bottle to help the little guys grow we were told we were not going to have any more then 7 eggs and they stimmed me a extra weekend so i was a mad woman with a hot water bottle all weekend lol and made sure i kept that area warm and at egg collection we got 19 egg not sure if it was the hot water bottle or it was not all my follies were showing on the screen but it didnt hurt trying the hot water bottle

8. The Following User Says Thank You to b4us For This Useful Post:

Zebby  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    bubs4us - I just ate a couple of handfuls of walnuts every day after transfer, prob for longer than 5 days. I don't think walnuts could really do any harm. My dog took quite an interest in them, I must say - she really really wanted some ... so I gave her one & she loved it, and then followed me around every time I got the walnuts out.

I think with the pineapple, people say to buy a whole pineapple (maybe the day before your transfer), cut it up into 5 roughly equal pieces, and just eat that over the 5 days, starting from the day after transfer. I just took Bromelain instead because it was supposed to help my DH with healing after his surgery too.

Thanks for the tip on the heat. I've been doing that to help draw out anything left from the m/c and bring on AF. I know to NOT use direct heat after transfer, as embryos don't like it (I was worried about whether electric blanket might even be bad, does anyone know?). But during stimming, I'll try it. I know you're supposed to always wear socks etc and not let your feet get cold, especially for FETs. And I'm not sure, but yes I think perhaps there can be a slight delay in implantation for FETs. I've heard that before anyway.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Zebby  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks darl
    after ET i was told not to put direct heat to the tummy and not to over heat myself after my transfer i was freezing heater wasnt working either and i was told using a hot water bottle on your feet after transfer and socks helps keep the uterus warm and cozy but not hot but i completly forgot to keep my feet warm during my 2ww but i will remember for my FET

our nurse said not to use a electric blanket not sure why ??

were can you get the Bromelain??

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG - why have I been calling you bubs4us? Just realised it's b4us. Must have got all confused with bubs4kylee. Sorry!

Well I wasn't told anything about electric blankets. I will ask this time. Although I don't believe anything the nurses say anymore. Have been given some outright dangerously wrong info from some of them.

DH bought the bromelain from a chemist, I think it was prob Priceline. If not, a health food store should have it.