Closed Thread
Page 105 of 255 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2550
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I've finally returned from my exile into limbo land after my stint in the April/May thread.
    I'm sorry to see some familiar names here (Hi Sariele )... but also happy (and a little jealous) to see so many success stories from the previous threads.

We were due to jab again in July, but I was away on holidays... as much as I was super keen to take my little esky with me, DH was right to let it go and just enjoy a break (and a few... lot of drinks)!

When I have a moment, I will back track through this thread and learn about you all.
    In the meantime, and to you all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ms Jo! "Good" to see you in here! (Not good-good, but, well, you know what I mean. ).

Re: the POAS thing, I personally don't see the point in not doing it either. Unless you are having frequest pregnyl injections during the TWW, in that case I can understand. To me, and I've said this before, I would much rather be expecting the worst and getting a wonderful surprise come phone call time, than holding onto hope right up until the second the FN says, "Oh I'm sorry, it's a negative this time." As much of a downer as it was, I was quite 'happy' calling the clinic last time knowing it was a BFN, and I was easily able to shrug off the phone call. I would hate to burst into tears over a stupid call; at least by testing in the days leading up you are able to gradually come to terms with the fact it hasn't worked, so the grief isn't as sudden as waiting for your BT result. JMO, of course.

Plus I'm horribly impatient and would want to be the first to know if it did work.

This cycle I'm planning on getting some ICs so I can test the pregnyl out of my system, and to my heart's content after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks kandp, I think I will let the shakes go and just do weight watchers as I know that's a healthy way to lose weight.

Do you put on weight during a cycle because of the hormones?

And I will be injecting for the first time tonight. Any tips on how to cope injecting yourself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    And I will be injecting for the first time tonight. Any tips on how to cope injecting yourself?
    Ice packs are your friend. Rest the pack on the injection site for just a minute or so while you prepare the needle, then remove, swab, jab. You should barely feel it. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't even use a pack, I just use an ice cube. I rub it on the area while DH gets the needle & everything ready for me. He also opens a wipe. I then chuck the ice cube in the sink, quickly wipe the alcohol wipe over the spot, he hands me the loaded gun and I jab. Don't feel it. And he has a tissue or piece of toilet paper ready for me, as I usually get a drop of blood when I pull it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    I don't even use a pack, I just use an ice cube. I rub it on the area while DH gets the needle & everything ready for me. He also opens a wipe. I then chuck the ice cube in the sink, quickly wipe the alcohol wipe over the spot, he hands me the loaded gun and I jab. Don't feel it. And he has a tissue or piece of toilet paper ready for me, as I usually get a drop of blood when I pull it out.
    Wow, your DH is good, helping you! If I asked my DH to help, he'd be, like, "Uh... why? What can I do?" Lol. Besides, I did all my jabs after I'd taken him to the train station in the morning. And this time I will be staying with my parents, and my Mum gets squeamish with needles so she's already told me she going to make herself scarce when I'm jabbing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I chased DP around the house last night to try and jab him with a clexane injection so he would know how much they sting (wasn’t really going to jab him). Big baby he is. Only a few days and i’m covered in bruises!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    Thanks kandp, I think I will let the shakes go and just do weight watchers as I know that's a healthy way to lose weight.

Do you put on weight during a cycle because of the hormones?

Hi lucky,

As for putting weight on, i think most girls seem to? I have probably put on about 5kgs since i started maybe more. The hormones do affect you and some will make you really bloated. I think for me too, i’m usually too exhausted from the side effects to exercise, and feel sorry for myself and eat chocolate, so not a good combo J

My tip for injecting is just do it fast and don’t think about. They are really pretty easy and don’t hurt much. Try to jab at a 45 degree angle, that seems to minimise bruising/stinging for me. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously, your DH won't help? My DH always comes to all the appointments etc too - even just blood tests. He insists on it, very cute. But then again, the only reason I am here going through this is because he has no sperm ... so perhaps that's why he wants to be a part of it & help as much as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Seriously, your DH won't help? My DH always comes to all the appointments etc too - even just blood tests. He insists on it, very cute. But then again, the only reason I am here going through this is because he has no sperm ... so perhaps that's why he wants to be a part of it & help as much as possible.
    If I genuinely needed DH's help with injections or whatever, of course he would, but I think he'd be more of a nuisance to me TBH. I worked out my "routine" with giving myself jabs, and even if he wanted to help I'd be reluctant to break my routine. Plus I prefer doing it with no one watching, it makes me all self-conscious. The only appointments my DH has been to were a couple of the initial consults with FS, and the compulsory info session/counselling day. Oh, and of course he came to the hospital for EPU, but after I got wheeled back to the ward, he had to go and run an errand which unfortunately took forever, because I had to wait sooo long for him to come back and pick me up! He would have come to ET too if he didn't have to fly to Brisbane that day. But as for BTs and other appointments, even if he wanted to come (which he wouldn't have), it would have been impossible because BTs at my clinic start at 7:30am and he had to leave for work at 7am. And there's no way I would let him be late for work that often. This time he can't come to any of it regardless, because we will be on opposite sides of the country. Having Mum there after I wake up from EPU won't be the same.. . But I'm sure she'll be good in her own way.