Closed Thread
Page 104 of 256 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2551
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    So sorry Gstef and Clem. Hope you get the best kind of surprise at your BTs.
    I'm Jumping the gun a bit, my bt isn't for 6 days and I'm 5dp5dt but just have a feeling...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah, even when I got two faint BFPs on 8 dpo last cycle, I pretty much knew it was just pregnyl and nothing else. Sometimes you do just have that feeling. In this case I hope your intuition is leading you up the garden path.

Question: Last ICSI cycle I cut out pretty much all caffeine; I think I maybe had one coffee the whole cycle, and a couple of sips of coke. Since I moved to Brisbane, I've taken to having one cup of instant coffee a day with my brekkie, and TBH I would rather not give it up, unless it's truly going to affect my egg number or quality. So I suppose my question is, would one instant coffee a day have much of an effect on my eggs? Keeping in mind instant coffee is not as strong as "proper" coffee. Obviously I want to give myself the best chances I can, but after last cycle I don't see the point in depriving myself of anything unless absolutely necessary. I've heard a lot of people say that their FS says one cup a day is fine, but I wanted to know what everyone here actually does. And If you have none at all, is that just during an IVF cycle, or all of the time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - my FS said that I didn't have to give up coffee, I just need to limit it. We have a coffee machine so I have a half strength coffee in the morning and then a cup of weakish tea during the day. He was more than happy with that. He's also ok with a glass of wine a day. I dont drink so that's not an issue. I say you're ok with your one cup

Some women cut it out completely but until my FS S
    says I should, I'll continue to have it.

AF knocked at the door this morning after my morning run but has gone AWOL again AAAAAARGH!!!
    Last edited by KandP; 18-07-2012 at 11:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS had no issues with coffee. I only ever have one a day anyway, and he was fine with that - even in pregnancy he said that was fine (he is an ob as well). However, I do try to not have it some days when I'm on a cycle, so I don't have it every single day. I'll have a cup of green tea instead some days. Or maybe even a de-caf - although I reckon the chemicals in de-caf make it worse for you than normal coffee. My FS is also fine with drinking, as long as it's not "excessive". He basically tells me to just be myself (ha) and continue as normal, and use my common sense/judgement. Red wine has anti-oxidants, that's what I say!
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 18-07-2012 at 11:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh GStef - so sorry you got a BFN. Fingers crossed your BT will have a better result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sarielle, i rekon one cup of instant is fine. My FS told me to cut out all coffee/alcohol and i have, but she said one cup a day won’t kill you. I’m trying to be strong, though i’d looove a cup right now!

I’ve been pretty calm during this TWW but i think i might cave and poas.. i figure tom 6dp5dt i should get at least a faint positive if it’s going to be positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Sarielle, i rekon one cup of instant is fine. My FS told me to cut out all coffee/alcohol and i have, but she said one cup a day won’t kill you. I’m trying to be strong, though i’d looove a cup right now!

I’ve been pretty calm during this TWW but i think i might cave and poas.. i figure tom 6dp5dt i should get at least a faint positive if it’s going to be positive.
    Well you won't get any objection from me. I'm a POAS addict and so I like it when others do too! :P

Thanks guys re: the coffee thing. Once I start my cycle I might have coffee on alternate days, and green tea every other day. I've pretty much stopped drinking too; I haven't been much of a drinker for a couple of years now, as DH doesn't drink, but I will have an occasional wine if we go to a restaurant. So I might just stick with that until my next TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never understand why people don't POAS. How does it help in any way? In fact, it was due to me POAS last time that we were able to intervene and take action sooner. What I would have assumed was just AF, wasn't. I was actually pregnant but needed more progesterone - I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't POAS (lots of times haha), and demanded an early BT to see what was going on when the spotting & bleeding started. Unfortunately I ended up miscarrying anyway, but that was much later and AFTER we got to heartbeat stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    I never understand why people don't POAS. How does it help in any way? In fact, it was due to me POAS last time that we were able to intervene and take action sooner. What I would have assumed was just AF, wasn't. I was actually pregnant but needed more progesterone - I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't POAS (lots of times haha), and demanded an early BT to see what was going on when the spotting & bleeding started. Unfortunately I ended up miscarrying anyway, but that was much later and AFTER we got to heartbeat stage.
    Oh i do def do. I just thought it was too early today or tom. I was going to try an hold out till friday. So hard though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it at 5dp5t last time & got a faint line. Then did it twice a day to watch it get darker. But I feel that Friday will be lucky for you Clem, because Friday is a wonderful day.