Closed Thread
Page 101 of 256 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2551
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Feeling really anxious! I'm feeling really crampy today. Tonight is my last night of Crinone and I think my af will come tomorrow or Thursday like clockwork!! I'm sad I really thought the 2 embie transfer was gonna b the answer! I know it's not over til the evil af shows but I feel like a failure!!

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Fortitude! Can I ask a question regarding O and FET? I've had 1 medicated and 1 natural FET. With my latest which was a natural, I only had bloods done, but my hormones started going haywire and I was told that if my lining was thick enough that I could still have transfer. Well the next day I had my u/s and my lining was thick enough at 8mm and I had a 20mm follicle...that was it. I had my transfer a few days later.
    Is O suppose to be confirmed before a transfer or does it not matter?

KandP - Goodluck to you aswell! My FS isn't back until Thursday, so her receptionist said she would ask if I could go on Prednisone anyway. I really hope she lets me! I'm going to take it upon myself to take baby asprin aswell. where do you get it from?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sariele and Peonies, yaaaaay! She’s finally arrived J Will you both be jabbing tomorrow?

Gsetf, when is your BT?

Lib sounds like your well on the way to a batch of good embryo’s.

Mumtochris, great that you went ahead with the cycle!! Hope you get some good embies.

Lackers, i asked my FS about the thawing and she said that normally, they wont freeze them unless they are of good quality so the thaw success rates are pretty high i think.

Dancing eek your getting close, will you POAS?

Ampy, sorry you’ve had such bad luck, it really can be in incredibly tough journey. I really hope it’s your turn soon.

Yay fortitude, hope the transfer goes well.

Disney, great to see you again, but wish it was on another thread. Sorry you haven’t been successful yet. I’m pretty much in a similar boat to you, I think we both started around the same time. My FS says the same thing to me, just a numbers game. This is our 3rd transfer of a hatching 5 day blastie. My lining is apparently always perfect, all blood tests are right on target so they said it’s just bad luck. I hope it works soon for both of us!

AFM i’m feeling mega tired and wrung out. I don’t think this cycle has worked, I just have a feeling, i feel a bit “blank”. I won’t be surprised if we get a BFN. Fingers crossed, but i’m not expecting the best this time. I do think the progesterone makes you feel down, i’m feeling pretty crappy. I guess if it doesn’t work we’ll go straight back into another FET in August.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (17-07-2012),Fortitude  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    .. I was told that if my lining was thick enough that I could still have transfer. Well the next day I had my u/s and my lining was thick enough at 8mm and I had a 20mm follicle...that was it. I had my transfer a few days later.
    Is O suppose to be confirmed before a transfer or does it not matter?
    Mine was Natural cycle- how it was explained to me was they do a BT to check you are at baseline when AF arrives, then retest a few days later with US to check lining is at least the minimum for a transfer. Then they restest blood (daily if they have to) looking for ovulation. They use that to then count days after to plan the transfer to match the stage of the frozen embryo. My frosty is a 5 day one so based on todays and yesterdays BT I ovulated sometime late yesterday- they want the embryo transferred into me to match the stage if embryo day. So Tue-Sat =5 days. So they are trying to match nature that way.
    I still have to have yet anotherBT to check progesterone on Thursday to decide if/ how much progesterone I need to go on with the transfer.
    My clinic's cycles are very micro managed that way- but they have some of the best results in the world. So I can't complain about a few BTs right? Not if in the end I get the result I dream of.

People can feel free to correct me if I am wrong- but doesn't progesterone rise after ovulation? which is why they look for ovulation. Which helps keep the lining ready for implantation.
    Last edited by Fortitude; 17-07-2012 at 16:28.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Clem! Sorry to hear thingsaren't working out for you either. Good news about the hatching blasts though right? I was pretty miffed about my last FET. My transfer was at 1.30pm, but they onlythawed them out that morning, and when the embryologist came to speak to us, she said that they were still compacted or something and that hopefully they will 'warm up' or something. I later read on their website that they are suppose to thaw the embryos atleast 24hrs before transfer to make sure the cells are still ok or something? I would love for my embies to be hatching blasts! Instead they are just regular ones...

Fortitude - This one was a natural one aswell, so with my PCOS it is no wonder my hormones started going crazy! On my medicated cycle I was on progynova, went for an u/s on CD12 and was told I was ready for transfer and had it about 6 days later. This time I'm going to be on progynova again because I don't want to risk a possible cancelled cycle again because of my stupid PCOS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    Hi Clem! Sorry to hear thingsaren't working out for you either. Good news about the hatching blasts though right? I was pretty miffed about my last FET. My transfer was at 1.30pm, but they onlythawed them out that morning, and when the embryologist came to speak to us, she said that they were still compacted or something and that hopefully they will 'warm up' or something. I later read on their website that they are suppose to thaw the embryos atleast 24hrs before transfer to make sure the cells are still ok or something? I would love for my embies to be hatching blasts! Instead they are just regular ones...
    Disney, it all seems so complicated with the thawing. My clinic said that ours had expanded back up into its big shape after it unfroze, and they had cut a lazer hole in the side of the shell and it was just starting to hatch out. I don’t know if they thawed in the night before or that morning?Our last two though were meant to be perfect blasties. They said they wanted to keep the pic of the last hatching blastie as shining example. Yet, still no baby. They also told us sometimes it’s the ones you don’t think are going to make it that work, and the perfect ones don’t. It’s all a numbers game. You’re much younger than me and that increases your chances by a lot, so i’m sure it will work for you soon J How many frosties do you have left?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gstef – glad to hear you’re settling into your new home. Well, it aint over until the old biatch comes and let’s be positive that she won’t. Have you been tempted to POAS, when is your BT?

B4us – great to hear AF has arrived, good luck with your upcoming FET

Tiggerfields – good luck with EPU on Thursday

Appy – welcome to the thread. Please don’t feel like a failure, I know it’s easier said than done, but having 3 fertilised is still great news and very hopeful. Good luck with transfer tomorrow

Lib77 – great news you have 6 fertilised, hope you get more. Best wishes on your transfer, any idea when it will be?

KandP – great to hear AF is here for you too

Clem – sorry to hear you’re feeling tired and crappy. When can you test to know for sure? I hope you’re feeling this way from the progesterone only, not from a BFN

Sariele – gotta love the faint tinge of pink on the toilet paper

Disneybaby – so sorry to hear of your BFN. If you don’t feel 100% with your FS maybe you should change, it would make you feel better knowing you’re getting a second opinion and maybe the new FS will take on a new approach. Best wishes whatever you decide

Fortitude – yayyy for FET on Saturday, good luck

AFM - Thanks again ladies for your support, I have 3 eggs fertilised and transfer is on Saturday.
    Last edited by AceOfBase; 17-07-2012 at 21:34.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clementine - Is that what they call Assisted Hatching? Sometimes I think maybe mine just need a little push, but then I think the very first one worked on it's own? That was a Day 3 embie though and my FS is pretty set on Day 5 blasts will give higher success rates as they have already proved they are strong. I just find it hard to believe since my only BFP resulted from a Day 3.
    There is no doubt that I am going to do another FET with this FS anyway as I want to use up my last 2 embies for whatever I decide if it is unsuccessful.

She let us transfer 2 last time and said we can transfer 2 again if they both thaw. I hope they do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney I had three previous 2 day transfers before we used a blast, it wasn't a perfect blast it was average but it worked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's funny you say that kmvw because it seems as though most people have a higher success rate from a not so perfect embie.

I think I'm just extra hurt and upset because I was like 99% positive that my last FET would work because 3 seperate 'mediums' all said that the number 4 was important and that they see twins (no mention of IVF or anything). So of course I'm like "It's our 4th go and transfer was on July 4th, what more do you want?!" but it wasn't to be, which is why I think I am extra upset. If anyone remembers me from earlier this year, I am huge Negative Nancy, so for me to be so positive was a big thing for me, but just goes to show how much harder you fall when you are positive and things still don't work out...