Closed Thread
Page 1 of 255 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Amazing August/ Superb September IVF/ ICSI/ FET cycle buddies

to all Not sure if there is anyone else at this stage but we have been given our rough timeline at starting our first treatment cycle.. We will be doing a down reg cycle for our first.. I had to have a rubella shot last week so can't go ahead straight away.. Got our IVF talk and consulting session on June 14th then around the mid to end of July I start the injections Very scared about it all but can't wait for the end result.. Looking forward to others joining me here whether it be ur first or twentieth cycle.. The more info u can give me or us newbies would be welcoming!!
    Last edited by kdsd; 08-06-2012 at 10:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kdsd Which FS are you seeing? I'm with Warren DeAmbrosis at QFG

I"ll be starting my second cycle in mid-June, and i'll be on an antagonist cycle. We're going on a holiday next Saturday, and given the timing of my May AF, we're hoping it holds off until we get back to Australia, so i'll be here on CD2 to get a scan and start my Gonal F shots. It should be around June 18 (again, hopefully!) This will mean that i'll have my EPU & ET in early July. I'm already excited!

My first cycle was a BFN, and my FS thinks that, given the fact that my hormones are "superb" (lol, his words), it's an embryo quality issue. So i'm on more medications this time (Prednisalone and Feldene), as well as clexane. These will all hopefully provide the perfect implantation environment for an embryo. So i'm really hoping that this next round gives us the golden egg, so to speak. If not, i'm going to fill the prescription of DHEA that my FS gave me.

Last edited by KandP; 24-05-2012 at 06:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi KandP... I'm with Dr Jay Natalwala at Fertility North here in Perth..

Ur lucky u have a holiday to count down to and a great distraction.. I just have work so the time just seems to be dragging for me.. Ur AF is delayed for u.. Hopefully the added medication gives u a great embryo that'll implant nicely!!

I know I'll be on lucrin and gonal f. Not sure what else.. Guessing I'll find out at our next appt.. Pretty sure we have a chat with one of nurses on the 14th as well as the other two appts..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello kdsd and KandP - Im due to start my 5th cycle in July too. My issue is endo/poor egg quality and also MFI - but I did conceive DS naturally after 3 months off the pill so go figure

I'm always learning new things with IVF but if you want to know something and I have had experience with it I would love to share it with you.

To improve my egg quality I'm currently taking DHEA, royal jelly, CoEnzyme Q10 as well as Elevit. DH is on Menevit. I did this for my last cycle and it was the best cycle we've had, even though we got a BFN. I was able to have 2 blastys transferred on day 5 - which never happened to me before. We only ever had 1 to transfer on day 2 and never had any frosties yet either. Even though my FS doesn't agree with me I think I ruined my last cycle by drinking way too much pineapple jucie - very bad as the acidity isn't good for implantation. So this time I'm going to be prepared and only eat the pineapple core!! I know I ruined my last cycle as around 3 weeks after ET I had a blood clot which to me meant it was a result of those poor litle embies trying to attach, but their idiot mother drowned them in pineapple juice instead.

Anyway, gotta go, talk soon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

KandP  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies

I see a familiar name or two. We hope to be cycling again in Late june or July. I'm just waiting for my body to realise our emby has let go. My clinic refuses to do back to back cycles, which is probably a good thing. We are waiting to talk to the clinic's medical director to see if he has a different approach. We have two day3 embys left from two different stimulated cycles and we want to see what protocol he advises as what we've done before hasn't been enough. Both our transfers from stim. cycles tried to implant and our single fet didn't so not really sure what to do. Some ladies seem to be on so much more support meds so maybe thats what we need? Have to wait for review.

All this waiting is SOOO much fun! Not!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Ladies I'm moving over from the May/June thread as I go a bfn yesterday just waiting for AF to totally distroy my mood. Feeling very flat at the moment but my parents are over from Perth which is helping a little bit.

So for me I have my FS appointment at the end of June hopefully he can give us some answers as this will be cycle number 5 and we don't get any frosties and we have only had 1 blasty total in all our cycles. So I'm guessing I'll be starting my next cycle end of July, Two months break to help my body recover and help the finances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Hope you don't mind me joining you on this thread. Im just about to do my 8th ICSI/PICSI cycle. Yes, 8 I hear you saying.. Tell me about it.

AF is pretty much clock work so Im due this monday. Which technically would be the day I call the clinic and start the pill. But my FS doesn't want me on the pill. So I will start my Lucrin shots around 24th June and then I will start 450 Puregon on cycle day 5 along with saizen and embryogen which will be the 29th June. So would probably make EPU for CD17 which is the 11th July. I should be able to POAS 23rd July for hopefully that BFP that I am sooo hanging for.

Had a few changes this time. I will also be injecting Saizen (HGH) and embryogen they a growth hormone. The FS calls saizen the rock star drug cause it cost so bloody much and you get not a single cent back. So thats a total of 4 needles a day leading up to EPU.

Like mumtochris I am on an array of vitamins as well as DH.

Sadly I too recognise some familiar names.

Mumtochris - Don't beat yourself up too much with the pineapple juice. I remember when I replied to you about it.... I too did a wally thing. On my last cycle 3 weeks ago, Straight after ET I did acupuncture and the stupid woman put a heat lamp on my stomach. I was thinking of other things and how comfortable I was and how perfect the two blasty's were that were put back in only an hour ago that I forgot all about the golden rule of no heat on the belly. FS was not impressed with her to say the least....And there was not even a sign of implantation or anything which makes me think I killed them the day I put them in.

KandP - Im pretty sure I have been on a thread with you before. So hello again. I have heard nothing but great news about your FS. Almost makes me want to jump on a plane and go see him. Some ladies rave about him....

Eaglegirl - Im sorry about your BFN.. Lifes just not fair....I have done 5 full stims and I know it does not get any easier. Only once did I have frosties and I would say that is was from the DHEA Im on to improve embryo quality. I got two chem pregnancies out of that one and 8 fertilised.
    Do you mind if I ask if it is you or DH with the infertility issue?

KDSD - Hi hun and welcome to the world of IVF. Im wishing you all the best and hope your time here is very short and sweet. You have a an endless supply of knowledge on this thread by the looks of it with all the previous experience these lovely ladies bring with them.

AMPS - Looks like you will be our first FET for this thread. FX you FS finds a new way to tackle your situation. For support I take both crinone and pessaries all the way to 10weeks but I could be taking a different approach to the progesterone this time around as well. We are putting a hell of a lot more money into this cycle than we ever had in any of our earlier ones.

Sorry this is such a long post. I haven't posted for so long and am sitting here just home from work curled up in bed with the heater on and Harry Potter on in the back ground. Sad for a friday night, but it keeps me away from a glass of bubbles.

So again hello to all the ladies on this thread.

Kylee
    Last edited by bubs4kylee; 25-05-2012 at 16:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kylee

Whao 8 you must be going batty, I feel like I'm going batty and I've only done 4. Its so hard to stay positive isn't it, I just seem to think its not going to work now! Its my DP who's issue it is he had testitcular cancer when he was younger. But starting to wonder if maybe I'm an issue as well, maybe egg quality as I'm over 35 and it doesn't want to stick. I just feel deflated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all..

Sorry to see so many join me in this group.(meaning its unfortunate that u have to return for another cycle etc.. Just in case someone didn't understand what I meant). But looking forward to learning and sharing this journey with u all.. Fingers crossed this is our month/s...
    Kylee... Thank u for the welcome and well wishes.. Sorry u r on ur 8th cycle.. Hope the changes being made this cycle, make it a successful one! I will be roughly a month behind u in cycle as I have to wait for my July cycle to start, well the end of it anyway.. Just seems SO far away
    Eaglegirl... Sorry about the BFN.. The way this year is flying by, I'm sure ur appt will be here in no time! By the sounds of it we will most likely be cycling together.. This is gonna be my first one so will probably need a virtual hand holding when it comes to injecting myself!! Scares me a little having to do it..

Amps... Hope they change things up for u.. Good luck.

Mumtochris... I see u do day 2 transfers.. I'm sure my fs said that's what he'll be doing for us and I was confused coz I had only heard of 3 or 5 day ones.. Any idea y they do it a day earlier? I won't find out for certain what the plan is until the 14th June but would be nice to learn more about it from someone who's done it.. I don't know much about what u should or shouldn't do after ET but I'm guessing pineapple juice is a no go by the sounds of ur post??

Well just waiting patiently for our appt for the IVF talk and counselling session (which if anyone can give us an insight as to what the counselling is about, I'd appreciate it) to be here.. So nothing exciting happening on my side.. Kick myself for not getting the rubella shot back in December when I first knew I was low on it. At least we could be starting already. But then again, I have the flu at the moment so probably for best Im not!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.

AF just arrived today. It's sad I'm happy to see her. So here we go again.