+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou to all the people who wrote positive stories.. it definitely gives us hope! I am in the same boat as everyone else who suffers with endo. Just wondering if anyone has a negative OPK test the whole month? I have ovulation pains (I think?!) but been testing every day and no positives on OPK. It's all so confusing! Fingers crossed we can conceive naturally and all get a BFP soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never get a true positive on opk dipstick- only when I use the digital opk which unfortunately is rather expensive! Amongst many other annoying things, I think the endo affects hormones in the cycle. I know it influences fsh in the follicular phase and progesterone in the luteal phase. So it wouldn't surprise me if it resulted in less lh being around or less of an lh peak which would be why we don't get the opk dipsticks to light up like they should!

oh the joys of endo! :-/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cammaree For This Useful Post:

lylahilton  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have a personal experience but a friend of mine was told she'd never be able to have kids due to endo.

She started writing a diary to 'the child shed never meet'.

She now has 5 kids.

Never give up hope!

Good luck xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was told my chances of conceiving were slim to none and to try straight away- I was 20 at the time and not ready to be a mum. 11 years later here I am with 4 daughters and had to have my tubes tied to prevent pregnancy so there is definitely hope out there!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a lap in Oct 10 for Stage 4 endo. I was told I probably only had about a 5-10% chance of falling pregnant naturally. 13 months after the lap, I fell pregnant with my daughter. So there's always hope of it happening naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i found out i have endo 2 months into ttc. They discovered a 9cm endometrioma cyst on my left ovary and was assumed to have it spread wide.
    i decided to do 6 weeks of natural treatment and went on the "endo diet"
    then gave ttc ago and bam BFP!
    they wanted to operate on me when i was 18 weeks pg to remove the cyst but i said HELL NO! i wasnt going to risk my baby and well by 20 weeks it has vanished!
    i have since had follow ups now that my son has arrived and i am all good!
    i believe it is possible to conceive with endo and that pregnancy is the best treatment
    good luck and i highly recommend the endo diet. Google it

Thanks
    Reviews

Default endo, fibroids, cysts....

Hey ladies, I am new to these boards as I am after some positive stories about the same thing. I have had fibroids for 3 years, which came with constant pain, heavy bleeding for 6 months straight, then no bleeding at all for 3 months, and multiple miscarriages. I am 32 years old with no kids yet. My husband and I have been TTC for 2 years on and off, and in August I had a laproscopy and dye test and the surgeon removed 4 large fibroids, cysts, and endo, which I had no idea was even there. Apparently now I am good to go in the baby making department, first cycle after surgery, we didn't try, second cycle, we tried and I am pretty sure I either had a terrible horrible period, or I miscarried, and then this cycle, BFN. I am hoping it's like some of you said, and we just need a couple more months of trying, but I am feeling so down about it all. I am overweight, so I am trying to eat healthy too, as I have PCOS symptoms, but PCOS has not been diagnosed by my gyno or gp... so yeah, that's me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow this is all new to me. up until a week ago i had never heard of endo. my partner and i have been trying to conceive naturally for almost 6 years. I've been sexually active for 9 years and I've never been pregnant. when my partner and i decided to look in to fertility issues i was diagnosed with diabetes. its crazy to me how many symptoms i have no that I've done some research. i need to go and have a blood test and an ultrasound so once thats done i will definitely be talking to my doctor about this. as much as endo is nothing to be excited about if this is whats been holding us back from our dream of having a family i will be over the moon in a weird bitter sweet kind of way. thank you for all your stories as they do give us hope. i just hope that if there is a endo diagnosis it is still in the early stages as this may have gone undiagnosed for 6+ years.
    Last edited by tahniibellah; 11-11-2013 at 21:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tahniibellah View Post
    wow this is all new to me. up until a week ago i had never heard of endo. my partner and i have been trying to conceive naturally for almost 6 years. I've been sexually active for 9 years and I've never been pregnant. when my partner and i decided to look in to fertility issues i was diagnosed with diabetes. its crazy to me how many symptoms i have no that I've done some research. i need to go and have a blood test and an ultrasound so once thats done i will definitely be talking to my doctor about this. as much as endo is nothing to be excited about if this is whats been holding us back from our dream of having a family i will be over the moon in a weird bitter sweet kind of way. thank you for all your stories as they do give us hope. i just hope that if there is a endo diagnosis it is still in the early stages as this may have gone undiagnosed for 6+ years.
    tahniibellah i'd push for investigation if you are concerned. my sister had no symptoms but after a similar time ttc she kept pushing until she found a gyno willing to do a laparoscopy. they found endo and treated it. she is yet to fall pregnant but that was only this year so still hope for her yet.

as for me, i had endo and a 7cm fibroid removed in 2010. after the birth of my daughter in 2011, i chose to breastfeed - which, by the way, can help keep endo from growing. anyway, i stopped breastfeeding when she was 14 months old, and only 3 months later just knew i was having symptoms again, so went to the local gyno. he then proceeded to tell me i was just complaining about heavy periods and to come back in 6 months when i wasn't pregnant still. Needless to say i went elsewhere and organised a laparoscopy. this time they found 2 fibroids and stage 4 endo, sticking both my ovaries down, one twisted tube and also on my bowel and in and around the abdominal cavity. so it pays to push for investigation if you think it's warranted. we know our own bodies better than the doctors sometimes...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    also, endo doesn't always show up on ultrasounds. ultrasounds never showed it up for me