+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think that because you know what it's like to have a girl, you probably feel more comfortable with another one.

I have a DD and we'll be TTC #2 soon. I'm really hoping for a boy but it would also be really nice for DD to have a sister. DH doesn't mind either way, he's smitten with his little girl so I'm sure he'd be excited to have another.

I think that because I had such a hard time when DD was a newborn, I'm scared of going through that again. So if I have a boy I kind of feel like I'll have a better chance of it all being different next time, if that makes sense.

Anyhoo, if we're lucky enough to fall pregnant again I'm sure when we discover the gender at the birth we'll be excited either way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Before DS, I wanted a girl so bad and even had a little cry when I found out I was having a boy. But now I actually want another little boy! And I come from a family of all girls (3 sisters)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two DD's and then my little man.
    I would have been more than happy if we were having another girl, but felt a bit relieved when we found out he was a boy. Mostly because he's our last and I knew how much DH wanted a son.
    He's 6 months old now and just divine! I never, ever anticipated how much I'd fall in love with him- I think DH is secretly a little jealous!
    So, no, you're not weird for feeling that way, but don't think that those feelings will necessarily stay the same.
    Good luck with TTC

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was so happy to find out this baby is another boy. I know it probably wouldn't happen and I'd love a girl just as much, but I feel that I wouldn't have had a connection with a girl.

When I had my 20 week scan the sonographer said "and these three white lines here..." and my heart just sank... But then she continued on with "is a close up of the vertabrae". Instant relief and then we found out we're having another little boy and my heart swelled with happiness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZewZew View Post
    Before DS, I wanted a girl so bad and even had a little cry when I found out I was having a boy. But now I actually want another little boy! And I come from a family of all girls (3 sisters)
    I was exactly the same! I could have written that post word for word!
    I'm now pregnant with #2 and it's a girl. Would have been completely happy with another boy, having everything already etc, but now I'll have a complete set with one of each.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So I guess we're all a bit nuts lol... Thanks for the replies, obviously I'll be happy with whatever gender we're blessed with but I think I'm secretly hoping GIRL so I can try for a 3rd ( I think dh would be more inclined to go back if we had all one gender lol)