+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How weird

Dh and I will be ttc early next year. I have one dd (14 months) who I adore the thing is, when I think that I may have a boy next I feel a bit sad. It's weird. I'd be happy to have all girls (I'm one of three and have no brothers). I have a Neice and 2 nephews so I know how awesome sons can be. It's just really odd. I don't hate men and I think little boys are cute and funny.

I don't know of it's because dh only wants one more child and I feel one of each is a bit 'boring'.

Anyone else feel some sort of weird gender aversion? Even when I found out I was utd I really hoped she was a girl. I know it sounds awful and some people just long for a child, regardless of gender but I can't help how I feel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew it- I'm definitely odd :-o

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol you're not odd :-p I've heard of it before.

I had a boy first and while I didn't care what my second was so long as it was healthy, I was a little worried about having a girl as I felt I would have no idea how to be a mother to a little girl. I felt a lil bit of relief when DS2 arrived and I saw he was a boy to be honest.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

CakeyLoaf  (23-05-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Total oddball but that's why i luffs ya! *smooch*
    I can't say i've had that issue but its just how you feel, its your family etc. Sorry, maybe someone will come in who is more help

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

CakeyLoaf  (24-05-2012),MuminMind  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When ttc our first dh and I wanted a girl, I cried when I found out I was having a boy (yes someone stone me)

I will be unlikely to have more than 2 children but my next if it is born between late may - early august I WANT a boy so bad but if its born any other time idgaf, I just want it to wear all if my ds's clothes (god im a selfish mum :/)

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, not odd. Whatever sex I had, I wanted the second one to be the same. My siblings are all girls and that has followed suit through to my children. I have to say that I was hoping I would have girls as all my sisters and I have an amazing relationship and it's what I know. I understand this doesn't mean my kids will have a great relationship, but hope they do!

Goodluck with TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel the same. I really wanted a DD and was so happy that we had one. Now we both love her so much that we want another one! I think the fact that my two fave families both have 3 girls influences me too and that i'm close to my sisters and not my bro

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same here too. My dd is 14 months and I am expecting again in November. I grew up with all brothers and would love my dd to grow up with a sister, so would love the baby to be a girl.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope not odd, to me anyway! When
    I found out #2 was another girl I was so relieved. I think I would have been disappointed if it was a boy. I don't know why, I think I just really wanted DD to have a sister, because I don't know what I'd do without my sister. DF and I are planning on one more, and I don't think I'd be that upset if the next one was another girl and I never experienced having a son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I desperately wanted two boys. I actually had a little cry when I found out my second was a girl, I was really disappointed.

Now? I still like the idea of two boys, but I love having the best of both worlds.