+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefooted View Post
    DH was going to give me his Minecraft account but it seems it has gone elsewhere.

I am just waiting for Borderlands 2. I am only a newbie Gamer and it's the only one I really like.
    Also waiting for borderlands 2 would you like my minecraft account? I don't have my own pc so I'm not using it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Diablo 3 and Borderlands Widow here. We had no internet for two days while he was trying to patch Diablo before release date, then two raging, angry gamers when Blizzards servers went down. I laughed at him, 'cause he hasn't given me WoW yet.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Diablo 3 and Borderlands Widow here. We had no internet for two days while he was trying to patch Diablo before release date, then two raging, angry gamers when Blizzards servers went down. I laughed at him, 'cause he hasn't given me WoW yet.

Oh how I laughed when I got the text saying the servers had crashed - I predicted it would happen LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine has just started with diablo 3 :/ great another thing to fight about.

If a server goes down he just plays a different game.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    LOL Nemmi - it was at the Diablo III launch. You could install the game but couldn't play it until 5.01pm on Tuesday - it was at around that time that the server crashed LOL.

After the hype surrounding the release date, I don't think another game was even thought of.

He's almost over it now though :-) cracked the game really early on so now it's just something to do rather than something to conquer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    Mine has just started with diablo 3 :/ great another thing to fight about.

If a server goes down he just plays a different game.

I think I'm quite lucky that I'm a gamer, and a reformed gaming addict, and a partner to a gamer. I understand how my DP gets when a new game comes out, and he used to be very into WoW. We've basically got a rule that Saturdays/Sundays are his raid days, since he never raids for very long anyway, so he gets to do it uninterrupted, but any other day is game on. It might be worth while sitting down with your DP and discussing when an acceptable "raid day" would suit both of you, and stick to it, on the provision that you get your own down time too.
    Honestly though, for some people gaming is actually an addiction, particularly PVP games like WoW and Diablo, so it may even be worth discussing him seeking some help for it if he's like that. I'm so sorry though, if that's the case. It's really not easy being an actual gaming Widow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh is just a gamer full stop, he gets up in the morning and turns the computer on, he turns it off and goes to work, comes home computer goes on, he will sit and play or read stuff for games from 6pm til midnight when he goes to bed, 1-2 times a fortnight he leaves the house between 3-4pm and goes gaming with his friends irl and does not return til 1-2 am at the earliest, the last session lasted 18.5 hours (and caused a very serious fight)

I can't talk about it with him, if I do I am 'being unfair' and a '*****' and not letting him see his friends 'ever'

Eta - my down time is when Ds is asleep or at daycare (daycare days I grocery shop etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    My dh is just a gamer full stop, he gets up in the morning and turns the computer on, he turns it off and goes to work, comes home computer goes on, he will sit and play or read stuff for games from 6pm til midnight when he goes to bed, 1-2 times a fortnight he leaves the house between 3-4pm and goes gaming with his friends irl and does not return til 1-2 am at the earliest, the last session lasted 18.5 hours (and caused a very serious fight)

I can't talk about it with him, if I do I am 'being unfair' and a '*****' and not letting him see his friends 'ever'
    Does he realise how much time he spends gaming, or does he lose track, so where he thinks he's only spent an hour gaming, it's actually been four or five?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Does he realise how much time he spends gaming, or does he lose track, so where he thinks he's only spent an hour gaming, it's actually been four or five?
    Im not sure, I dont think he cares tbh as long as he gets his computer time he isn't cranky

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lot of people scoff at the idea of a gaming addiction, but unfortunately, it exists, and that sounds like your DH. I'm not entirely sure who you call for it though, but I know there's a number for addictions in general. Might be worthwhile trying to get your DH to see someone about it, but it won't get better unless something's done to jolt him out of it, just like any other addiction.