+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is there such thing as a false positive?

Hi ladies,

I am new to this thread, have submitted just the one post introducing myself in the 'relaxed' approach thread, but I AM NO LONGER relaxed. My heart is beating 10,000 km's an hour at present, because 2 nights ago (I believe maybe 8 days PO - not 100% sure as I don't chart, or use the wee stick, I just went off my CM) I tested and I got nothing... Tonight I thought, I'll just do one more test (using first response) and if it comes back negative, it must be over for this month (my chances!). Anyway, I sat down, did my business and nearly fell off the toilet when a second line (fainter than the line on the right) came through, you don't have to squint, or doubt, there is a clear, lighter than the right side, LINE. Ever since I have been pacing up the house thinking IS THIS REAL? I have for the last two days felt like AF is going to start.. I always get PMS early, like 5-7 days before it actually arrives, I get crampy and sore boobs. I feel pretty much EXACTLY how I feel when my AF is coming and this is what is tripping me out.. My head believes it MUST be coming, but my eyes are showing me this line??? Can anyone tell me if there is such thing as a false positive and if not, why the period symptoms?

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hello congrats on your positive test!

I am not entirely sure if there is such a thing as a false positive, but there is a thing called a chemical pregnancy, where the pregnancy does not progress past the day of AF, so some women test quite a few days prior to AF being due, get a positive, andnthen get their period. Technically its not a false positive, but its not a pregnancy that eventuates.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey how are you? I got a False positive last month their are pics on here and everything. It came positive prob 4 mins after I did it but then it vanished 15 mins after the time limit. I really hope u are, best get a blood test to see. Good luck chicky! Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply ladies! I appreciate it! I am still staring at the stick, so the line has not yet vanished as yours did Mummyof2sweeties. Funnily enough, just before I thought hmmm, weird how 2 days ago I was neg and now I've got a clear positive.. So I fished the stick out of the bin and now I can see a really, really faint pos from two days ago too, just needed to get out of the dark bathroom light. BUT ANYWAY, I hope I dont have a 'chemical' pregnancy. If you are having AF symptoms would this be a likely outcome?

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good it hasn't vanished, ur best bet would be a blood test. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can u upload a pic for us

Thanks
    Reviews

Hopefully it works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks pos to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's DEFINITELY a positive! Congratulations!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats thats a huge Bfp