+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Some questions for those who bled during a successful pregnancy

I've found lots of threads looking for reassurance about the bleeding, I'm still waiting for my next scan to confirm that there is a healthy bubba in the sac seen at the last scan, but I am just assuming that I'm just having one of 'those' pregnancies. I do need some practical advice though! Sorry they are are a bit TMI!

Firstly, there seem to be a lot of 'rest, feet up' recommendations - but did this actually help slow the bleeding? Or was there anything specific that you found made it worse/better? I know when I rest a lot the bleeding doesn't 'come out' as much, but then tends to all come at once when I go to the loo - so I figure I'm still bleeding the same, just not seeing it on a pad.

Secondly, can you use tampons occasionally? I usually go swimming with DD once a week and it's been nearly a month of bleeding with no end in sight. Or do I just have to resign myself to missing out on this?

Finally, any tips on staying 'fresh' when needing to wear a pad all the time? My bleeding's gotten a bit heavy for a breathable liner now and I'm worried I'll start to get thrush due to a lack of air flow.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No to the tampons
    I actually used flushable wipes as a refresher during the day
    In my case inactivity was never an option as I work and had 3 active kids but it is important to rest if only for the peace of mind that you are doing everything possible

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummato4 For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A big NO to the tampons and I would probably give up the swimming until things were better, just to be on the safe side.

Like you, I was told to rest up and not lift anything, but I had two other little kids and one was under one and not a slight child, so I still had to lift her into her high chair, the cot, the car etc. So yeah, resting up and taking it easy wasn't an option, especially when DH was at work.
    That said, I took it as easy as I possibly could, all things considered, because there was nothing more scary then seeing substantial blood less when pregnant and it really stressed me.

I did find however, that if I had had a particular 'active' day, then the blood would tend to run moreso then if I had 'rested'.
    Thankfully, I went on to have a very healthy baby and despite the episodes of bleeding, a healthy pregnancy. I never did get a real explanation as to why exactly I bled through my pregnancy, it was just 'one of thsoe things'. I wish you all the best with your pregnancy and hope your bleeding abates soon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, you've reassured me because I'm finding it almost impossible to take it any easier than I am. I don't feel like I'm doing much different this week to last but the bleeding seems to have increased this week! I did say no to an extra day at work tomorrow and hope to get in a few hours of feet-up time while DD is at kindy. If nothing else it will help the stress levels!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a bleed at 14 weeks with DD. It was a big gush of bright red blood, followed by 2 weeks of brown blood. Very inconvenient, and although the scan showed that all was well, it was very scary. DD is now a very healthy 7 month old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How many weeks are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bled every day (varying degrees) from 4 weeks to 16 weeks when pg with DS who is now nearly 2 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    My exact dates are yet to be determined. LMP has me at 8wks. I suspect I Od about 5 days late so that puts me at 7w2d. The sac seen in the scan on 15th measured 4w6d (but she said it's not very accurate to date from a sac) which would now make me 6w2d. Spotting starting CD31, bleeding started CD32 for 2 days very heavy then 3 days lighter then down to spotting which stopped for 1 whole day (the day of my 1st scan where they found nothing) then back to spotting until about a week ago when it became bright red and med flow with no signs of letting up.

So hence looking for practical advice as who knows how long this will go on for. I know if it all results in a healthy bub then it will be 100% worth all the stress though!

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i bled from 8 weeks to 13 weeks, mostly brown and very light but constant for that whole time. I wasn't told to take it easy and it would not have been an option anyway with a baby (i had a 7 month old at the time). In the end they could not find where the blood was coming from but suspected it was the cervix as no scans showed any evidence of bleeds inside.

Everything is fine with him, he is 8 months old and very healthy.

I am sure everything is fine, and hope it stops for you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you had a scan since bleeding heavy ?