+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am hating this 2ww too. I look at my tummy and wonder "did you make it?". The thought that maybe it hasn't really upsets me.
    Do you dream about the results?
    For me, even it were BFP it is only stage 1- still need to wait to get the genetic all clear due to my age. I am sure that wait will make the 2ww seem like nothing.
    I even sat down and worked out what date AF might show- cause I don't want to be so focussed on pregnancy that I forget about AF.
    Happy relaxing vibes.

Things have taken a bad turn for me. I have gastro... yuck. Feel just dreadful.
    Last edited by Fortitude; 26-05-2012 at 16:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gastro is history now. Thank goodness.
    Anyone else feeling the pressure? I looked at my cycle chart and worked out AF is due BEFORE my BT. So maybe it will all be over before I even get to a BT? Hope not.

Had shocking cramps and nausea Friday night- put it down to gastro. That said DH had gastro too but no cramps/nausea. Maybe that part wasn't gastro? guess I will never know.

How are you all going???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meshell23 That is the exact word I feel... numb. I just can't let myself believe it could even be a BFP... cause if it isn't I don't know how I will feel.
    For me being 41 statistics say it more likely BFN.
    My AF is due Thurs/Fri- BT Saturday. So did you have day 3 embryo transfer?
    You and I are on almost the exact same time line.
    Did you get any frosties? I was very surprised and got one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Meshell,
    Am debating on a HPT, cause if it is negative I will be devastated. When it's early it can be a false negative. So... probably wait I think. If AF doesn't show up and spoil my hopes. This is my first cycle- so hard to think it could work- but I guess why not? no less likely than any other time.

2 day embyros seem very early- I didn't even know they did 2 day ones. My clinic do 5 day ones- the whole waiting to see what grows during those 5 days was hard- at first we thought we only had the one that was transferred but after 2 more days one of the other ones grew enough to freeze (so a 7 day one frozen). Did they use ICSI due to the male factor of your DH?
    Must be really difficult being so young and wanting to start your family- I really feel for you. I hope both of those twins stick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I had gastro today and yesterday too. I hope this doesn't mean it's the end for me!
    i thought the progesterone will keep your period from starting even if you are not pregnant? Fortitude, totally understand you! Getting a BFP is such a thrill, but making it through the first trimester will be difficult for me as well, as I previously suffered a m/c at 12 weeks. Fingers crossed we all get to a BFP!
    haha, Meshell23' your accuputure guy is funny. Can he really feel a pregnancy pulse? Our clinic seems to do mostly 5 days blasts too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Littleblessings- you had gastro too? I read on another forum that a lady with a BFP thought she had gastro so fingers crossed it's actually not gastro but symptoms? You never know... I am actually kind of scared if I am UTD- bad pregnancy problems and with last DD I had 2 threatened m/c at 15 then 16 weeks- was a terrible terrible worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little blessings View Post
    I previously suffered a m/c at 12 weeks.
    That must make it extra hard to just relax and let nature do it's thing when nature has thrown you a bad turn already. Fingers crossed BFP and sticks and stays for us all.

Meshell23 I have been a bit of a sceptic with acupuncture, probably because I am at cycle 1 and also dealing with another health issue which is costing me a small fortune each week at the physiotherapist and hydrotherapist. Would love to see about that baby pulse- hope he's got it spot on!

AFM I swear if I had to pay to use the toilet I would be poor- I am peeing at least every hour- sometimes more often. At least at night I am sleeping through that though. Still queasy. Still feel 'funny' smell/tastes. Nips tender, sore lower back. Some of these are progesterone for sure. But surely not all of them? I guess time will tell. Either way crinone is a nasty nasty trick to us ladies wanting to be UTD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meshell- is your tummy all bloated out? mine looks 8 weeks preg already and it is normally flat as a tack. OMG

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meshell23 I find IVF so weird. I was one of those lucky b*tches who thought pregnant and was instantly preg. Now I have my tubes tied and waited so long I am the total opposite. I always wanted one more child- but due to how sick I was with my last baby DH was dead against it. It took nearly 15 years for me to realise the longing for that last baby wasn't going to go away and to convince DH to try once we had approval from a fetal medicine professor. This whole thing is unbelievable for me. It has certainly given me an amazing new perspective into infertility in general. I thought I could imagine what it mus be like for people trying and trying with no luck, but now I have experienced it I really feel so much more empathy. I sometimes feel guilty as I have 3 already, and people without any children would be happy with 1. My maternal desire is strong, but I feel I will handle failure better as this is a hope to add to my dream- not my whole dream. Does that make sense? Although being older- sometimes I resent my DH for taking so long to agree as now I feel my chances are so low and my dream is probably a wasted effort at IVF.
    My family are supportive- I have put in place a cooking roster- everyone cooks once a week and help clean up each Saturday. It is fun having a teenager rolling her eyes every 5 minutes while I am hormonal too. LOL
    As for pampering... I have been shopping for little things for myself- mindful they will fit an expanding belly if needed. It seems to take my mind off IVF.

My body copes well- except on the crinone... all those symptoms sent to tease me. How does your body cope?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I am out Af arrived I wasn't due to officially test until Thursday hopefully our frozen embryos will thaw next cycle as the last fet we did both arrested.

Good luck everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellavista View Post
    I am out Af arrived
    Awww that really sucks. Have you spoken to the clinic? Mine said if I start bleeding I should continue crinone and still have the BT as sometimes it isn't AF- but implantation bleeding. I hope it isn't AF for you. If it is, then I am so sorry to hear that. This IVF rollercoaster is a hard cross to bear.

Fingers crossed for those frosties. I am sure your BFP is really soon.

Fortitude