+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh honey xoxoxoxox (((((((HUGS TO YOU BOTH))))))))
    Made me tear up for you. What is a DET? I am not familiar with that.
    I am trying to keep positive- but I think in my heart I know it is doomed. So yes, I know what you mean about just knowing.

Let is know what happens at BT- remember sometimes there are surprises. But it sounds unlikely based on your intuition.

Did you get any frosties? Sorry if I asked before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not doomed until they tell you it is, so keep that chin up and stay positive Your not bleeding are you? I was with my positive last time so I knew it was over.

DET is a double embryo transfer, which I will probably do despite the risks as we have only 2 frozen embryos left of average quality. So I wouldn't expect them to both work, FS said one may not thaw out anyway. I wouldn't want to get to cycle 5 transfer and the last one not thaw out, a wasted month so I'll do 2 cycle 4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    It's not doomed until they tell you it is, so keep that chin up and stay positive Your not bleeding are you? I was with my positive last time so I knew it was over.

DET is a double embryo transfer, which I will probably do despite the risks as we have only 2 frozen embryos left of average quality. So I wouldn't expect them to both work, FS said one may not thaw out anyway. I wouldn't want to get to cycle 5 transfer and the last one not thaw out, a wasted month so I'll do 2 cycle 4.
    Nah, no bleeding at all. Headaches though. I am trying not to get too attached to the whole idea. The only thing that is keeping me sane is a tiny thread of hope- as on Tuesday last week I had a show of pink blood- so MAYBE it was late implantation? At least that is what I am telling myself. LOL

You're really LUCKY if DH agrees to a DET. My DH is dead against it. Because we have older kids and he loves travel he thinks twins would ruin things. Me, I would take the risk because I wouldn't really mind. Truthfully, the risk with twins on a DET isn't that huge anyway. In your situation I would be finding out why the embies aren't impanting. What grade embryos were they in the past/ this cycle? What stage transfers? See I had Grade 1 and 5 days blasty- which has at least partially taken. Having seen what happened from day 3 to day 5 I can now see where blasty transfer makes sense. At day 3 all 6 were excellent, by day 5 only (((1))) made it to transfer. 2 had stopped growing and 3 were 'slow' and immature. Of those 3 they grew then on another 2 days and 1 made it to a frosty. So if I had had a day 3 transfer who knows which of the 6 they would have chosen and 4 wouldn't have made it to day 5 anyway.
    The whole IVF thing is rather mad isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fortitude,
    How are you going? Have you had another bt yet? Are you still in limbo land?
    I really hope this pregnancy holds on for you. How lucky will you be if it does? BFP first go!!! I have my fingers crossed for you. Hoping it all works out for you and your family.
    K

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank honey,
    Sadly not to be- rose from 40 to 48...
    All over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry to hear that!
    I have been hoping and praying for you.
    Do you think you will have another go next cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    As soon as they let me, for sure. I am too old to wait too long!
    Maybe that frosty is the 'right' one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am hearing you. I am so frustrated with all of this waitng at the moment, three months of no cycling by the time we can do another, and I am constantly hearing the clock ticking away, it is doing my head in.
    Maybe we will be cycling together next time, and we will both have success together

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bwana For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    As soon as they let me, for sure. I am too old to wait too long!
    Maybe that frosty is the 'right' one.
    So sorry to hear, this sucks.. really feel for you.

To give you some hope Genea is undergoing a study to prove that frozen embryo's can work better than fresh as there is no interference with stims and extractions so if you have a frozen that's great news. Probably not what you need to hear right now but hope it helps.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So very sorry fortitude, ivf is such a tough journey be kind to yourself and make sure your body is in good condition for your FET. Fets are so much kinder to your body and I actually think because your body is in a natural condition it is a better environment for your little embie. Take care

I'm in limbo atm cannot book this months FET until I find out results from extensive blood tests. I'm not handling cycle 3's failure very well, wondering what do we do if cycle 4 fails since FS said between 1 & 4 attempts. What do you do once you reach that mark, give up? Can it even happen after 4 attempts? I don't know and living a life without having a baby is something I can't cope with
    Last edited by kmvw; 08-06-2012 at 23:44.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (09-06-2012)