+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I HATE having that happen! I remember at one stage I was renting with an ex, and my mum was living with us for a while so that she could get to uni.
    The landlord brought people around at short notice because he'd called my mum who said it was ok.

I was asleep in the master bedroom (which was an absolute PIGSTYE!) and my mum actually opened the door for them to have a look while I was asleep in there! I WAS FURIOUS! It's bad enough to have someone gawping through all your stuff, but to have someone see you at your most vulnerable with clothes all over the place, and you sleep naked... I can't describe how much I tore off the real estate agent when I found out. He always made appointments with me after that.
    He used to always tell me while they were there about how lovely the people were, and that they were scrimping and saving every dollar to buy their first home... Buddy, I don't care. They want to take my home out from under me. You are NOT going to make me feel sympathetic and help you make a commission by talking the place up.

*sigh* Sorry, that was just such a stressful time of my life so I can really relate. And having kids involved too That's just awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We were in similar situation 8.5 years ago. I was 34 weeks pregnant with no.2 and landlord ( was a friend) rang to say she was selling house as she was in financial crisis,*insert don't buy 2 houses and mortgage house you own with man you have known for 2 months*. Was so distressed had painted nursery and all ( we were allowed to). When agent came around he saw my very pregnant frame and said he would only advertise to investors ( he never told owner this).
    Had many home opens with lots of lovely people offering advice on my pregnancy...yes baby must be a girl as that is how it was carrying - yes thanks it is a boy but no 10 scans have nothing on an old woman
    Still it was awful, the agent gave me a week to have bub(I was in full on labour when they rang me to tell me and bub born that night)....apparently a woman in labour in kitchen put of buyers - who would have thought?. ( posterior so labour was everynight for a week). Unfortunately bub was very sick and had to spend a week in hospital so we got home from hospital to have an open house an hour later ( yes hubby at home with eldest house was a pigsty) nothing like being home from hospital and madly cleaning.
    Luckily 1st couple in bought and we could stay....they were crap landlords and never fixed anything but just so glad we kept the roof over our heads.

Sorry for rambling but just very close to my heart.
    Can you ask agent to direct it towards investors only? It works way better for agent as they usually stay on as the rental agent and keep making money if they sell to buyer then it is all over for them.

So glad we no longer rent......but will never forget those awful few weeks.
    I hope and pray an investor buys your house and then the awful homeopens ( invasion of privacy) are over xx

++

--------------------------------------

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    No way.

I never have people in my house without me there.
    A real estate agent who was showing the unit we were moving out of stood outside and let prospective buyers wander through! Always a good idea to be there to make sure no one is left unsupervised to pinch your stuff

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They're pretty good out here, they've not done any open houses and have said they won't. They are only bringing through a small number of prospective buyers. I'm very lucky in that where we are there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many houses on the market, and apart from the two end rooms.... the house has a very very cramped layout. The kitchen and bathroom are tiny and there are 2 rooms which I honestly can't even say if they'd fit a single bed... I'm using one as a nursery and it's cramped with a cot, and the other as an office.

But even though it's small inside... it has the spaces I need. It's going very stale though... been on the market for over 2 years now.

Hopefully the landlord will just go.. "oh stuff it, I'll just keep it as a long-term rental." I don't want to get my winter crops all planted and then have the house sell on me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We broke our lease, paid one week extra rent and then the owners decided to put it on the market. It was awfully nice of them but I dare say they're regretting it now as we moved out in February and it's still not sold, we paid $440 a week rent. I never want to buy but I don't want to rent forever either, argh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    we got 60 days WEEKS after being guaranteed the owner was not selling and renewing our lease. I know they may be doing it tough but it is also unfair to rent a property knowing you may be selling.

I am hoping for your sake they are investors buying moving is so hard enough let alone when its a surprise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    A real estate agent who was showing the unit we were moving out of stood outside and let prospective buyers wander through! Always a good idea to be there to make sure no one is left unsupervised to pinch your stuff
    The same thing happened to a friend, the lady was outside on the phone when her BF got there and he found them inside free-range to the house. He was meant to meet them but was delayed at work around 10 mins late told them he was on his way but she just let them in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default House has sold!

Well the house has sold.....

How did we find out.. Carlo went to pick up the boys from childcare, and when he returned there was a SOLD sticker on the sign.....

Not even a blooming courtesy phonecall.

I am so annoyed that the real estate didn't even have the decency to give us a phonecall.

And now I've got to think about where we're going to go....

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh no, thats terrible. Im sorry

U should be getting a letter stating all the details, but yes your right a phone call to let you know would have been polite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    just totally bummed right now.... nothing seems to be going right have no idea if we'll be able to find another place like this in town... I don't want to have to leave town just because of this...