+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm in Qld... which is why I was surprised they made you move...

were you on a fixed term agreement??

the RTA says:

In a fixed agreement, the owner cannot make the tenant leave because they decide to sell the property. The tenant can stay until the end of the term, and the new owner will become the lessor.
    http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/Renting/Du...-for-sale.aspx

So like it or not... we're signed here till Dec 31... *sigh or relief* at least that's school and uni holidays. So moving then is not so much of a drama.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in Qld. I didn't think the new owner could break a tenants lease either? That's what I was told when I was looking for a townhouse to buy, and it influenced my decision on what I purchased as I needed to move in ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup both the last times we had a 12 month lease. First one was broken at 5 months, second at 7 months it was just over 2 years ago now so maybe they have changed the laws ? Either way I'm crossin my fingers that you dont have to move !
    From memory there is a loop hole where if the prospective buyers are purchasing as their primary residence they have the right to terminate the contract ? Maybe all just to double check ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    in qld your lease stands if the house is sold. you only have to move out at the end of a lease if it isn't renewed. im an agent and a land lord

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

fairyflossfairy  (23-05-2012),OJandMe  (23-05-2012),Trillianx  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    Yes I know it's on the market

yes I know I rent it

but I hate it...

having people walking through my house, opening my cupboards and then having to calm Gabriel down when he gets anxious thinking "where are we going to live?"

hate it.

Hope they hate the house.

Please leave now people..........

Why dont you go out when you have inspection times to avoid this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We once had a guy stand IN OUR BATH with his MUDDY shoes. I have no idea why he would stand in the bath??

Eugh. I hate it too. Not looking forward to selling this house and all the home opens

Thanks
    Reviews
    I empathise Op. Have only sold one home and I despised it. Alot of people have absolutely no respect. Once everyone left, I would then have/want to clean my house as everyone touches everything. It was grose....

Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummato4 View Post
    Depending on what state you live in the new buyers have the right to break the lease in qld they had to give us 30 days notice
    I thought that only applied if your lease had expired (or was due to expire) and thus automatically went month-to-month. Under those circumstances they need to give 30 days notice if the house is sold, or 60 days notice without grounds. (And the tennant only has to give two weeks notice, IIRC.)

Back when rentals were easy to get, it was best to not renew a lease and give yourself that freedom after your initial lease ran out. However, with the current housing situation, it is best to continually renew leases and protect your residency, especially if you have children in school and thus need to limit moving to between school years so as to not disrupt their schooling.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No way.

I never have people in my house without me there.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

Nmgb  (23-05-2012)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We refused open inspections when the last house we rented was on the market. I'm not sure about other states, but in the ACT you only have to provide reasonable access to prospective buyers. That does not mean opening your home to anyone who wants to have a sticky-beak during an open inspection .