+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmmm, maybe he could make a new profile and only ad nice people on there and delete his old one ?? He can also set his security settings so that people cant search for his name.

I've had lots of friends on fb open new accounts because of bullying and they're adults !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

Savingfishfromdrowning  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Report it to the school and the police

Take screen shots of the posts

It is illegal and the school must be informed

There will be other kids they are doing this too as well

My niece as being picked on on FB too, but the girls were too clever and where deleting their posts minutes after posting them. So I stalked her page as often as I could. For a week, took screen shots of the posts and my sis took them to the school. One girl was expelled - repeat offender, and the others were directed to counseling. The cops were also called and each girl got a warning with their parents present. Only weeks late another child at the school who was also being bullied on FB tried to take her own life
    Last edited by WorkingClassMum; 23-05-2012 at 13:59.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Report it to the school and the police

Take screen shots of the posts

It is illegal and the school must be informed

There will be other kids they are doing this too as well

This.

All forms of bullying (serious or not) should be reported. You never know when/if these girls will that their bullying futher then him being the 'butt of a joke'.

I feel for your brother. I was bullied at school to the point some of my bullies attacked me. I just wish I had a older sibling like you to look out for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Missemzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I were in your situation, I'd do two things:

Ask him whether it's bothering him - suggest that he might want to block them etc.

I'd also take screenshots and report it to the school. Obviously this is one of those situations where your brother might not want it to be reported, but as a teacher I'd be taking it very seriously. The majority of school where I've worked have a zero-tollerance approach to cyber bullying, and sometimes the kids doing it just need to realise that it isn't acceptable. The main school where I work will suspend any student caught bullying on Facebook, and will report their behaviour to the police.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! I didn't know how seriously these things are taken - it's really good there is a hard line approach to it.

Thanks for your replies everyone - I think for now I will start taking screen shots and have a talk to him. Depending on how he reacts (I'll know if he's upset but pretending not to be) I'll report it, or give him some other ideas on how to deal with it.

I'm SO glad FB was not around when I was at school, but at the same time terrified with what my kids will have to deal with in years to come.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sorry to hear this Bullying is just awful and in my experience, it was the worst at age 14 (this was prior to facebook too).

I agree with those who have suggested he keep them restricted, in groups, and only allow certain people to see his status updates. I would have suggested he delete them altogether, but it might be difficult to convince him to do so.

Hugs to him and you