+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 8yo - whenever she wants to - she showers herself, and likes to look "nice" so looks after her hair.
    6yo - whenever I remind him to, otherwise he would never wash it! He also showers himself. Prob twice a week.
    My 10mth old - whenever I remember! Maybe a couple times a week, or whenever he has food in it!

I only wash my hair twice a week in winter..my hair is quite thick and takes ages to dry, so its a hassle, and I dont have time to use a dryer in the morning! I don't think I smell

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD1s hair gets washed every second day, or every day she goes to school (to get the sand out)
    DD2s hair only gets washed once a week.

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My nearly 2yo DS gets his done Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's plus additional washes if food, dirt etc in it. I only wash my own twice a week, otherwise I'd be rocking' an Afro from the frizz factor!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If he has lots of food in it I wash it. It always gets wet in the shower anyway. I find if I don't wash it often then he gets a dry flaky scalp.

He is 14 months btw.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3InATub View Post
    My girls mostly have baths. I have to say when the oldest does have a shower it does get done then too. If you were bathing her, would you still do it every night?
    Erm... probably not. For a while in the shower we just let it get wet through and didn't shampoo every time.

We started shampooing every day, as it seemed to be the only way to keep cradle cap at bay. Since doing that she hasn't had it at all.

If she was in the bath and it was all getting wet - e.g., squeezing the flannel over her head, etc. - I think I'd count that as kind of washing it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Every second night = )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow... I wash my boys hair once a week! Or if it gets dirty I'll do it more. I prefer to let their natural oils look after their hair. They're 2 and 3 and 5 months old.

I also don't use soap on them every night, only every second night I'll use qv (again unless they're dirty).

Fwiw my boys always look nice and their hair is always lovely and shiny...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Once a week, after swimming. Also the only time DD2's curls get the knots brushed out.
    Over Easter, swimming stopped for 3 weeks, and guess what? It was three weeks between washes... :0
    But you would not have known- their hair still looked clean and didn't smell.
    But my girls are only 2 and 4, play mostly inside and not really grotty kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I generally give it a wash before day care (wed night) then on friday night after the end of his daycare week. Other than that I just wash it if its needed (has dirt, leftover brrakfast ect in it). So all up maube 3 times a week.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids have their hair washed every day. DS1 plays outside and is a really sweaty kid and DS2 always ends up with dinner in his hair. Me on the other hand I only wash my hair twice a week.