+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mim1 View Post
    Honey in any form is not recommended. It's not an allergy thing. There is a toxin in honey that can be fatal to children under the age of 1 (not via an allergic reaction). I won't risk it.
    Each to their own..... I'm not worried, like I said my kids are all good ! Just thought the op might be interested

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummato4 View Post
    Organic honey ? I'd do some research ! I have always fed all my kids basically anything they wanted from around 6 months and last time I checked they all lived, have no allergies and have never had a 'bad' reaction to anything !
    The spores can be found in all types of honey, organic is no different. Also, like pp mentioned, it's not an allergy - it's due to a bacteria.

Each to their own. Everyone should weigh up their own risks...and just because your children weren't affected, doesn't mean the risks aren't very real.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (24-05-2012),ShanandBoc  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good for the risks..... There is a risk crossing the road too. Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way but your remarks where a little condescending
    Im a very natural parent who refuses to buy into the kids can't have rules as I choose to eat very naturally there are risks with everything all I was trying to tell the op was that she should research it an not rely on strangers opinions on what to feed her child