+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ANyone use The Gift Of Sleep ebook?

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried the Gift Of Sleep ebook?? By elizebath sloane? I was watching it on the Morning show on Channel 9 . I think the book is fairly new.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've read it but not yet tried it, I'd love to hear any thoughts on it. They have a Facebook page but obviously that's all positive stories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have bought most sleep books , happy sleep habits healthy child, pantley, TIzzie hall, Sheynne rowley etc etc
    My 11.5 month old has never sttn and only once has done a 7-4 night , he since 5 months old can be up every 20 mins-60 mins needing my hell to get back to sleep. We co sleep hat so I can squeeze in sleep. Longest stretch he's done is 2 hours at a time.

Lately the sheer exhaustion was taking its absolute wear on me, my baby and my relationship I knew something needed to be done , I had tried typical controlled crying methods and he just screamed or vomited and I would feel too guilty to continue.

Yest I decided I needed to put him in cot after 21 night wakings in a 10 hour period!! I bought the ebook. It is only 120 pages with some of those not related to me ie routines for other babies etc it was such a quick straight to the point easy read not like any other sleep book it didn't go into the details of baby sleep but rather stated Mia's experience, Elizabeth ( sleep trainer) experience and her methods.

I started out last night , and am amazed at results and how well my son took to it he even woke up during night and was self settling, its not rocket science at all the method it's simple but because of that it's easy to follow and you feel comfortable using it and therefore are calm. My son did really well for his first night in cot , I know it will take more than the 3 days they say though.
    If u have any questions on methods etc feel freeto ask

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pp was the knocking and sshhhhhing very effective? I bought the ebook but hesitating to use it after spinning myself into a depression with tizzie hall!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son when using cc like TIzzie before could cry for over hour and work himself up no self settling going in at all , I swore I was against cc and more ap style of patting and cosleeping etc. but it wasn't working for my bub waking every 20-45 muns at night is not good!!
    I was skeptical about the knocking but last night we went from 10-21 wakings a night to 4. But he is one and I had done lots of language that day about being big boy in his own cot ( he is a co sleeper) the longest cry ( he was blowing raspberries and whining on and off) was 30 mins with me doing the knock and shh every 5 mins. It really worked for my son, the knock made him silent ( he was prolly like what the hell was that? ) and calmed him
    Right down, it made me feel better as he was never worked up like previous TIzzie hall etc methods.
    I felt calm and confident in the method more than others previously and wow that made a difference through the night he was only crying 10 mins before falling back asleep and it was hardly a cry!

My son is a stubborn boy and I was skeptical I had tried methods before and was convinced there was no way he would ever self settle, he never slept in his cot a whole night before always co slept and needing hours of patting but now I realise i just never gave him a chance to sleep on his own and maybe all his wakings were frustration.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Andie88 For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In you tube Elizabeth does eg of what knock and shh should look like .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, yes I bought the book. It's fantastic! Worked straight away for my little bubba. Would totally recommend it. No more sleepless nights, feels wonderful

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should also add I'm not a fan of controlled crying at all. My bubba is not a big crier so I guess that made it easier for me.
    We co-slept from birth so the hardest thing for me was not having a little cuddle monster beside me.
    Having said that she sleeps better alone.
    The key is getting rid of the dummy and introducing a cuddle blanket helps.
    Good luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Violet belle For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm
    The same was so and still am most forms of cc and co slept and rocked my baby, but after 12-21 wakings a night I needed to do something, second night of program and he did 730-830 with only 2 wakings !!! So amazed !!! He is just really adapting and Barely cries just whinges.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Andie88 For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (31-05-2012)