+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeybelle View Post
    Make sure you write a cover letter, i swear by them & their usefulness!
    We will. I have, but DP thought it made us "sound like we were the best". Ahem. Is that not the point?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cover letter are an amazing attribute to have for a rental property.
    Also if you have received any letters from inspections that state how good of a condition the house is in, they are good to attach.
    (I have one saying that the rental I'm in is in amazing condition and we have kept it in amazing shape)

Also you list all your previous addresses and the search a database, in that database is states if you lost any bond and previous real estates notes on property condition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just want to hijack for a moment... what kind of things do you write in a cover letter?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We've never had formal inspections as my housemate's parents own our house and live next door so they just visit their daughter occasionally but they are happy with the state of the house as far as I know so there won't be any nasty surprises there.

My boss has given me a written reference - both professional and personal as well, which I can attach?

Cover letter is as follows:

---

To whom it may concern,

We are interested in leasing this property and have attached this covering note to give you a clearer picture of us. We are a young couple looking to lease a place that is close to our work places and provides the lifestyle we enjoy. We think your property fits the bill perfectly!

We are reliable tenants, and have always paid our rent on time. We both work full time in the inner-west, myself as a nanny and my partner as a police officer stationed in xxx - so both within easy commute of the property which is ideal for us.

We are responsible, clean and tidy, have regular income and will treat your property with the same respect we would our own home. Additionally, we have no pets and we are both non-smokers.

Kind regards,
    ---

Is that too w@nky? What would you add/change?

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the cover letter sounds great :-) its open and honest without sounding over the top