+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Subchorionic hematoma? Anyone have experiences to share?

I have one they saw it at my 6 wk scan, 2 weeks later I was told it looked like it was resolving itself.. Then at 11 weeks I had 5 days of bleeding, but no bleeding since.

I had my NT scan yesterday at 13+2. They said the hematoma was still there, measuring 4.5x0.8x5.2cm. Is that big? Is sounds big to me

I'm trying not to stress too much but finding it difficult, as I'm a worrier by nature. Anyone got any positive experiences to share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a similar sized one last pregnancy. I had bleeding on and off till 17 weeks. At my 19 week scan it had resolved ! Easier said than done but try not to worry take it easy, no heavy lifting and get any and all bleeding checked out ASAP

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one last pregnancy and found out last week i have another. with the first one i had a huge gush at 13 weeks and thought for sure i had lost bubs, but she was perfect. My hemotoma did absorb until 32 weeks. Take it easy as the bleeding can start when you over do things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had what they classed a large one this pregnancy, it stressed me to no end. I took it very easy and didn't lift a thing even though I was told to carry on as normal as there is nothing I could do. I never had any bleeding and was ask time after time if I was still bleeding they couldn't believe I had not even a drop of blood. Its very common to bleed with them but it doesn't necessarily mean you are miscarrying. Mine resolved itself by my 20 week scan,(was still there at 12 weeks) but they say they can stay there for longer than that.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jo
    I have had them with 2 of my pregnancies as well. My first one abosrbed within weeks and there was no bleeding. My 2nd one I had a big gush of blood at 6 weeks (huge gush!!!) and spotting on and off till about 14 weeks. This one didnt absorb until around 20 weeks. And they were both about the same size as yours (a little bigger).
    Just like the other girls everything turned out well. Good advice to take it easy and no lifting or doing too much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone.. I was worried about the size of mine coz I have nothing to compare it to, didn't know if it was considered large or not..

I started bleeding again today, with some small clots as well. My OB told me to expect that but it's still upsetting to see...

Will try to stay positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    By the way, Pixel, the bleeding is a good thing. It means you can self-monitor your condition, and when SCH don't bleed, the blood remains in the chorion/placental divide and can dissect the placenta from the uterine wall. This is the real risk to bubs in a SCH and when it becomes a placental abruption. The no-bleeding kind is a concealed version, and the revealed (bleeding) abruption/SCH tend to have better and easier outcomes. I hope to hear that your body has resorbed the blood and healed the abruption. Often early SCH like yours have the best outcomes, too, as there is lots of time to heal. Try not to do any heavy lifting, keep well hydrated and avoid stress if you can. I am glad you are being treated seriously with lots of scans. The watch and wait nature of SCH can be maddening, and scans at least help to keep an eye on it (they were life-saving for my baby, who stopped growing well at about 28w and was induced at 34w). It is hard to get info in non-med-speak about abruptions/SCH, and women who have experienced them and their partners are often a great resource of info and support.

Bokkie wotwot - you are in the rare club of women who have had an SCH (around 4pc) and go on to have another (4-8pc chance of reoccurrence). I hope all goes well for you, too. Women in BH seem to be very lucky - there are more good outcome stories here in BH than anywhere else. Maybe it is due to the good standard of obstetric care here in Australia.
    Last edited by BaronessM; 16-10-2013 at 09:24.