+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default gonal f effects

hi everyone. newbie to ivf and bubhub here. i just wanted to ask the following. i am currently on day 7 of gonal f and day 3 of orgalutran and was just wondering if anyone felt any different on the drugs? i had slightly aching ovaries on day 1 of orgalutran but not really anything else to speak of. was wondering if i was meant to feel any different on these or not. thanx everyone.

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi
    I am on day 8 of gonal-f the first 2 days i felt swelling and a few achs but by day 3,4,5,6 nathing but some heavy feeling down there that comes and goes day 7 i did house work and after 5 mins i had to stop i had some achs and heavy feeling again i did a google search and yes its normal not to feel much goin on not all woman get the pain and discomfort and it doesnt mean no follies are growing which was my fear but i did read some woman said the cycle they didnt feel any side effects they got good ER numbers compared to there more painful stims not sure this infact true cause this is my first ivf cycle.
    i am on 150 gonal-f how much are you on ??

good luck

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I didn't notice any huge changes with either of my cycles, which is a bit of a let down after all the anticipation! Just felt really tired. It doesn't mean there's nothing going on though. On my 1st cycle we got 6 eggs, and 19 on the 2nd. I probably had more physical symptoms in the 1st one!

Remember, a higher egg count isn't always best, it's the quality of the eggs that matters.

Good luck, hope you have lovely perfect eggs!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Twiggy - Welcome to Bub Hub.

Like katherinelouise, i didn’t notice huge physical changes at all with my cycles except the tiredness and after i did the trigger injection i was quite bloated and had sore ovaries.

My first cycle i got 13 eggs and then on my third cycle i got 25 and felt more in my first cycle but i think that was because i was so nervous about it all and was really paying attention to what was happening. I remember going into a scan on my third cycle really worried that nothing was happening because i felt absolutely nothing. Then was blown away when i seen how many follicles i had but had no physical symptoms at all.

All the best with your cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am on 300. i am 32 and apparently have never ovulated in my life. thanks for the reply.