+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I have when I was 16 a friend and I found a baby alone in a car (on a hot day) out the front of a block of dodgy flats in a cr@ppy area, so we waited for 10 mins and when no one came we went the the pay phone at the end of the street and called 000 the police came about 10 mins later and still no one came out they had to door knock.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And if you leave your kids parked in a car park/on a street even for a minute and another car is speeding and hits your car with your kid in it? For me it's never worth that risk. Anyway.. Thats another thread I guess..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, and I have a number of times our local shopping centre will often have a few babies/toddlers sleeping/waiting in cars while the parents shop a week. There are signs up everywhere saying "don't leave children unattended in cars"

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would wait at the car for 5 min and if no sign of anyone, then I'd call. But I'm imagining this at my local shops, not at a Westfield or in a car park.

I've left my kids before to go to the ATM, but the car is less than 10 m away from me with the windows open so we can all see and talk to each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I would. If I couldn't see the parents around and they weren't back after a minute or so then I wouldn't hesitate to call police. If you wait 5 mins the children may have already been in the car for 20/30/40 mins, in hot weather it's not worth the risk. If police show up when the parents come back then that's great hopefully they will learn a lesson and think twice before doing it again!

I don't see how people can say its not their business, how would you feel watching the news and seeing a child had died or been kidnapped and knowing you could have prevented that?