+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would, I would probably wait a few minutes first to see if parents were nearby , and check if the kids were ok

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof3monkeys View Post
    Would like to bunny but am on my phone so cannot access the poll section could a mod do this ? I'm not sure ?

Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub
    Yeah I think a mod can. You might just need to stipulate which options you'd like them to list :-)

Perhaps:

Yes, Absolutely I'd call the cops without thinking twice
    Yes, but only after assessing the situation and perhaps waiting 60-90 seconds for parents to appear
    No, but would hover to let the parent know that I notice when they returned
    No, would continue on my merry way. It's none of my business.

???? Just a thought LOL. This issue isn't exactly a yes/no response. I just thought that given the inflammatory nature of topics like these, people might be more likely to respond if they could do so annonymously

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I saw a little girl standing on her own on the streets, she would have been around 4-5 years old. I parked my car on the opposite side of the road and kept an eye on her. I saw her dad about 2 minutes later racing down the street, clearly looking worried/distressed and I went on my merry way.

I would probably do the same if I saw a child in a car. Unless it was a hot day, that is police worthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Outside a shop i would wait a few mins to see if a parent came back before calling the cops. If it was outside a gambling/drinking venue, or a big car park not in eyesight if any shops, I would prob be inclined to ring sooner. Or if it was hot and I believed the kid/s were in danger I'd call sooner.

But under 'normal' circumstances, like outside a corner shop or news agency I'd definitely wait for a parent for a bit first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would watch the situation but...

If there were signs of distress I would act, likewise if the conditions were dangerous.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to T 800 For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (23-05-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just read the pp about returning the trolley - that's a great option too. I always try to make sure I park near the trolley bay but you can't always get a park RIGHT next to it. I have to admit, I stress out about someone telling me I'm being negligent by walking 4-5 spaces left or right.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would wait 5 - 10 mins and then call, yes. I have done so in the past who left a baby while she was in the gym.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I left my 20 month in the car the other day for about 2 minutes. She fell asleep as I pulled into Coles car park. I needed nappies and formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    I would wait 5 - 10 mins and then call, yes. I have done so in the past who left a baby while she was in the gym.
    The gym holy cow that is just wrong

Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mumof3monkeys For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I would