+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Don't Know How To Approach This !!

Hi all,

I am i need of a little advice.

My Miss 7 has been caught a few times rubbing herself. When I ask why she is doing this, her reply is that it feels good.

I do not know what to say to her.

Any advice would be greatful

Thanks xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Don't keep asking her why she is doing it.. just leave her alone. Provided she is in her own room. Give her a talk about how its a private thing to do in your own space etc.. nothing to worry about

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

chookie_03  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My 5yo DS likes to have a good grab and play lol it's normal childhood behaviour. I just tell DS that is something he should do in his room.

I wouldn't make a big thing of it or she may feel shamed. Just let her know that she only does it in private.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

chookie_03  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Explain that what she is perfectly natural and normal, everyone does it, but that everyone does it in private in their bedroom or where no one else can see.

Acknowledge that it does feel good, but that no-one else is allowed to touch her like that until she's all grown up and it's probably a good idea to wash her hands afterwards, just like when she scratches her head or blows her nose.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

chookie_03  (22-05-2012),MamaC  (22-05-2012),SassyMummy  (22-05-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Was pretty much going to say what WCM did.

Tell her it's fine and normal, but that's it's something we do in private (like toileting I suppose) and that's it's something that is for us, and us alone.

Explain that it's only okay if SHE touches herself in that way - it's her body, she can touch it if she wants - but nobody else is to touch her like that, nor is she to touch anyone else like that. Let her know that that part of her body is her own.

I'd also let her know it's better to do it with clean hands to avoid spreading germs down there.

Let her know it's a natural, normal and unshameful thing, but that it is something we do in the privacy of our own bedrooms, and it's not something that needs to be discussed in great detail (like poo, for example. lol).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

chookie_03  (22-05-2012)