+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would ask them to get it if they see bub a fair bit. In this day and age, and with the knowledge we now have about pertussis being passed on and contracted mostly by adults.. It should become main******
    ***Sent from my phone***

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I can't make anyone do anything like that, but I can ensure that if they don't they will have limited or no contact with my baby.
    Exactly. I've had some resistance, but whatever - I'm happy to ruffle feathers because I'm not happy to risk the life of my baby with something so easily preventable.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

daisypetal  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jennibear View Post
    A friend mine asked her parents in law to get it. They did and were VERY sick from it. Flu symtoms, coughing fits etc. Not saying its gona happen to everyone who gets it but asking a older person to get this can be dangerous. Just saying

BTW, my bubs were passed around at least 50 people within the first 3 weeks of their lives and NEVER got it. Still not vaxxed and never had any problems! Again, just saying

Lucky for you and your child I suppose?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone here sat with a whooping cough baby..and listened to them try to breathe..cough..gasp..turn blue ?
    I have ..and all I can say is I hope no one here ever has to..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have, but nonw of my kids turned blue or anything, they seemed to only have mild symptoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friends baby at 4 months ..was in ICU...was horrible..they will never know what % of her brain may have been damaged due to oxygen not getting through..

My dad (pediatrician) has witnessed so many babies..some survive..some die..some brain damaged (he now is retired and works for Health Minister investigating babies deaths)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our bub is due in 3 weeks & we have been advised by our hospital that due to another outbreak of whooping cough, it's a good idea to not let anyone hold our baby unless they have had their vaccination.
    We are being quite strict about this, & yes we have had a couple of people say they will not get the vaccination, & we can't make them. But we have made it very clear that they will be unable to touch our baby.
    I'm not sorry if I offend people, this is our baby's life we're talking about. NOTHING is worth the risk.
    It is our job to protect our baby, & I will never apologise for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I haven't seen it in a baby, but I had it myself as a healthy 26 year old and I thought I was going to die, I was misdiagnosed and so received no treatment, I was eventually diagnosed at the tail end of it - within the last 3 weeks, I had it for 3 months and literally spend 9 weeks coughing so bad I threw up at the end of each spell, blood vessels were bursting in my eyes and around my eyes, I couldn't breath -it was horrifying, I really thought I was going to die. It also did something to some flap in my oesophagus from all the coughing - so that for years after if I coughed enough I would just throw up, because the flap wasn't closing properly I can only imagine what a little baby goes through if that is what a healthy 26 year old goes through. So horrible.
    I'm so glad there is a push for adults to get vaxxed, when I got WC - I didn't even realise that there were vaccinations for adults.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    On another note, when I was in hospital after having our 5th child, the doctor stuck her bare finger in my bubba's mouth to stop her crying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't get me wrong I am all for having people vaccinated. In fact I think they should set up clinics around the place and vaccinate everyone.

I just don't know how I can go about making them get it. Thankfully most of the people we are going to come into contact with regularly are already vaccinated. There are only a handful that are not so will be bringing it up with them.

I have not seen a baby with whooping cough however have seen news stories on it which were horrendous so I only imagine what they would have to go through.

It was bad enough a few weeks ago when my 5 month old niece was in hospital with bronchitis and that would only be a fraction of what babies with whooping cough go through.