+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just try keep busy and make all appointments/ plans for when DP is away... well thats how i cope atm with us both working FIFO

But when im at work i dont have time to think about him as my days start at 4am and finish about 6pm.

He does 2n1 i do 9n5 at the same site however we are rarely on Dayshift together, Ive been back for 3 days now and havent even seen him

How will i cope when bub arrives in under 9 weeks... im not sure haha guess i will just try keep busy for as long as possible.

A little saying my family go by (everyone has does FIFO at some point in time) is "Short term Pain for a long term gain"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to buboven For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby does 4/1. I cope by being exremely organised.

I have a 9 yr old and we prepare all things for her the night before... clothes, lunch etc. I also pack my lunch and work day the night before.

I have a cleaner and a lawn mower man. I also have great friends, family and neighbours who help me out.

I always have some frozen quick meals in the freezer when I am too tired to cook. I also doing online grocery shopping as I find this saves time (and you can do it any time of the day)

I plan coffee and lunch dates with friends so I don't feel isolated and plan fun things for when hubby is home. I also focus on how soon we will pay off our house.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mallie For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies. Well he has had his medical and now has been called to do a three day induction. He hasn't had official confirmation of a job. Guess we have to wait and see. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I am going to take everything you all advised on board. It feels eminant. Going to have to get tough so I cope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully2 pretty sure he's got the job lol they dnt normally waste their time and money unless they going to proceed with him so congrats.

My dh left for 16 days on 5 off today, we hav an 8 week old. He worked 4 and 1 a while back but it was just me so was ok but I've been worried about doing this single mum thing for 16 days. We are both making sacrifices to ensure miss A has a better future.

It was much harder saying bye then wat I thought guess post preg emotions still running high lol.

First night with just the 2 of us and she is normally (so far) been a really good baby however tonight she's been very difficult to settle. I wonder if she senses something.

Anyway I was prolly no help but just to let u know I'm going thru this transition right now too :-)

Sent from my HTC Rhyme S510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Mrspump! I want to give u a hug. It's a much harder life than anyone could imagine! Just the thought of hubby leaving makes me teary. Keep thinking money to make a better life. Keep busy. It does help to know that others have adjustments to make and are not just naturally born to it. Everyday will get easier. Huge hugs.