+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is 3 really the straw that broke the camels back?

Hubby and I already have 2 kids age 5 and 2, after months of health problems I am now 8 weeks.

While I was
    Getting ready for work this morning/trying to help feed dd/ and get ds ready for school I started wondering how am I going to do all of these things with a new baby!!!

How do you girls do it. Is 3 kids 10 times harder than it is with 2?

Tbh I found it really easy to go from 1 baby to 2 but 3!!

Am I just freaking out over nothing?
    Help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katezane View Post
    Is 3 kids 10 times harder than it is with 2?
    Hmmm I typed out a response but thought it'd freak you out even more LOL. So short answer, yes, I found that extra child just made everything so much harder. Not hard in the sense that it's difficult, but just in the sense that you are. ALWAYS. busy. Never ever ever stops. Draining, I guess is a better word than hard. But they are all so delightful, it is worth it in the end.

You will be fine, you just need to be organised, and don't be afraid to ask for help or for a break.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Won't lie, it's hard work!! But you will have a pretty decent age gap so it won't be too bad! Lots of ppl said to me they found it no different going from 2-3, I have found it quite hard at times BUT I had 13 months between 2 & 3 and DH worked away for months at a time. However I was blessed with quite good sleepers. It may not be the straw that breaks your back but it could very well make you never want another!!!! Lol good luck, you'll be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cmf thanks for being so honest. I find 2 really easy but se situations latley just make me think "what the hell would I do if I had another baby right now, how could I handle this" lol. Nerve racking! How old are your 3?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TBH I don't find it much harder than 2...but then I'm ttc 4 lol! My 3 are 6,4 & 2. You do need to be more organised, I always make lunches night before & have clothes sorted for next day etc. Im much busier though but I love that

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pigeonpairplusone For This Useful Post:

katezane  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's going to depend on the age gap and what your life looks like.

When you had a 3yo and a newborn you were probably home a lot of the day. With a 5yo you will be out more and going to kinder/school/etc a lot more of the time. But you manage with your 2yo, so you'll manage with a newborn too. It's just the 5yo who at times will dictate your schedule rather than the newborn.

My ds was almost 5 when my dd arrived (my #2) and my ds's schedule dictates our day. If dd is asleep when we need to go out, she just has to come. I thought it would be a disaster and I'd constantly have an overtired bub, but I don't. Sure, some times it isn't great, but you'd have those times anyway. Factoring in what's best for 2 kids is hard (eg. do you stop off for groceries on the way to or from school), and I imagine 3 is harder, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet & do what needs to be done.

I'm 1 of 3 and my Mum loved having 3 kids and most of the time I loved being 1 of 3 (I wanted a little sister, but my Mum couldn't have any more kiddies - she had multiple miscarriages unfortunately). 3 is great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katezane View Post
    Cmf thanks for being so honest. I find 2 really easy but se situations latley just make me think "what the hell would I do if I had another baby right now, how could I handle this" lol. Nerve racking! How old are your 3?
    They are 9, almost 7 and almost 5.

In those hairy situations you're thinking of, I found that the baby is usually content to wait til you're available. Or, the eldest child can tend to themselves. Or, the middle child can watch TV or look at a book. I don't really recall having many moments with a newborn where all 3 kids desperately needed me at the same time.

Be prepared to never ever have a spare moment, and finding yourself wishing for an extra few hours every single day. But other than that it's fine. At least you'll never be bored LOL. While there's always someone to whinge and whine at you, there's also always someone to look adoringly at you and ask for a snuggle. There's always someone to have a funny little chat with. Always someone to give you a mountain of hand drawn family portraits and gaudy preschool-made beaded necklaces to wear. They're good fun to have around, most of the time!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

katezane  (22-05-2012)